Slashing the military budget

The cost to being the world's superpower is high. But like divorce, it costs a lot because it's worth it.

How about putting some meat on that bone? It's worth it? Prove it.

Britain and France slashed defense spending in the 1930s while Germany re-armed. We see the result of that. The U.S. maintained high spending through the Soviet era and we see how that worked out.
I realize you don't understand the points I just made and will make some insipid comment but there you have it. We have not had a world war since 1945 and U.S. military power is the reason.

I agree that you are an uninformed idiot. Unfortunately your posts are not ignorant enough to qualify you as Chief Dunce. Although I admit the bar is very high.
The cost to being the world's superpower is high. But like divorce, it costs a lot because it's worth it.
How is paying the Taliban to guard our convoys to remote outposts in Afghanistan, worth it?

How is spending $15/gal for gas in Afghanistan, worth it?

How is spending US tax dollars for re-construction projects in someone else's country, while ours is falling apart, worth it?

You wanna fuckin' answer those questions, asshole?

Eat shit, moron.

We spend all this money to create the most powerful military the world has ever seen, yet we can't beat a few jihadists using RPG's and IED's.

Of course we could smash them to smithereens. We just choose not to because this feckless regime thinks we can negotiate them into being our friends.

We spend all this money to create the most powerful military the world has ever seen, yet we can't beat a few jihadists using RPG's and IED's.

Of course we could smash them to smithereens. We just choose not to because this feckless regime thinks we can negotiate them into being our friends.

That is why Gulf War 1 was such a damatic success - and hot on the heels of Bush's Great Victory in Somalia.

And you wonder why I think you're a troll?

That is why Gulf War 1 was such a damatic success - and hot on the heels of Bush's Great Victory in Somalia.

And you wonder why I think you're a troll?

You think that because you're projecting.

Britain and France slashed defense spending in the 1930s while Germany re-armed. We see the result of that. The U.S. maintained high spending through the Soviet era and we see how that worked out.
I realize you don't understand the points I just made and will make some insipid comment but there you have it. We have not had a world war since 1945 and U.S. military power is the reason.

Iran isn't Germany or the SU. Try again. BTW, I thought Bibi was supposed to take care of them.

The US military budget is more than quadruple that of any other country.

The US military mission is more than quadruple that of an country, and millions of times more than that of some irrelevant backwater nowhere country like yours.

Iran isn't Germany or the SU. Try again.

Wow! Really? I had no idea. I thought they were identical.
What a fucking 'tard.

Iran isn't Germany or the SU. Try again.

Wow! Really? I had no idea. I thought they were identical.
What a fucking 'tard.

You were the one comparing Iran to Germany and the SU. What does that make you, Chief Tard? I guess so, since you rarely have anything substantive to say.

It's the same dynamic, Einstein. If you let a power vacuum develop, something will fill it. Usually something you don't want, as we see now in Iran.

Slashing the military budget at a time when Russia and China are quickly increasing theirs=stupid.

Really?

And yet Russia and China's budget combined is 210 billion.

The US spends more than 700 billion.

Why is that necessary?

Neither Russia nor China is honest about their military budgets. And, their costs of building military equipment, or maintaining an armed force, is not as high as our costs.

In addition, building a modern military that is efficient and effective is not a near time venture like it was in WWII. It takes two to three years to train a competent soldier, sailor, or airman these days. We would not have that time if we were attacked by either China or Russia.

Our military leaders used to refer to combat with Russia as a target rich environment, meaning there would be a whole lot more of them than of us. The same applies to China. Our superiority lies in advanced weapons, and individual competency, and not in numbers. Advanced weapons cost money, and the advanced part is only temporary. We constantly have to work to maintain that superiority in weapons.

Erand -

I agree that the US needs to maintain an edge - but in no private company can I imagine spending 4 times what another spends on resources in order to maintain an edge.

The US could halve its budget and still spend DOUBLE what China and Russia spend.

That should send alarm bells ringing, surely?

Forum List

Back