Slash and Burn

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
There is more talk about another stimulus package to help save the economy. A package that includes extended unemployment benefits, food stamps, and another tax rebate check will pass in a forthcoming lame duck session of Congress. All of these remedies actually make the patient sicker, but there is a way for Washington to really stimulate the economy.

Slash and Burn - Mark Thornton - Mises Institute

From the article:
----------------------------------------------------------
I would also imagine that an oil-producing country would be willing to pay big bucks for the right to build a port facility, oil-refinery, and a pipeline distribution network on federal property in a state like Florida.
----------------------------------------------------------

That "oil-producing country" should be the United States. I don't favor a foreign country buying up the United States.

A stimulus is bad regardless.

I disagree. A stimulus gives the consumers more money to spend. It's a shame that a stimulus package doesn't pass before the holiday season. I think this is going to be one of the worst holiday seasons ever. Even I'm adjusting my marketing to compensate for it.

I disagree. A stimulus gives the consumers more money to spend. It's a shame that a stimulus package doesn't pass before the holiday season. I think this is going to be one of the worst holiday seasons ever. Even I'm adjusting my marketing to compensate for it.

Well we have to ask ourselves where this money is going to come from. Are they going to print it, or borrow it? Either way, it only hurts us more in the long run.

Forum List

Back