Slap woman's behind- get 8 years at home

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
Man sentenced for ride-by bottom slap
1 hour, 36 minutes ago

BOGOTA, Colombia, Feb 24 - A Colombian man has been sentenced to four years' house arrest for slapping a woman's bottom as he rode by her on his bicycle, sparking debate on whether the punishment fit the crime.

Showing re-enactments of the incident, television news shows were filled on Friday with legal experts offering opinions about the judgment handed down earlier in the week by Bogota's district court.

Some said that to confine bicycle messenger Victor Garcia to his home for four years for smacking Diana Marcela Diaz's buttocks was excessive. Others said it would deter other men.

One program showed three models having their denim clad bottoms smacked so hard by a phantom hand it could be clearly heard by television viewers.

The women said that while the punishment seemed extreme, they hoped the case would mean they would be safer while on foot.

"It happened to me once," one of the models said. "I was walking very relaxed and a guy rode by on his bicycle and, 'ta!' He smacked me. I took off my shoe to hit him with it but he was already too far away."

That's retarded. It's sliding towards what the feminists want to achieve, making possession of a penis a felony. Yeah, slapping a girl's behind (if you don't know her in a special way, anyway) is immature, lecherous, a bit chauvanistic, and completely innappropriate behavior. It falls under sexual harrassment. 4 years house arrest, though? That's just insane. It's about like giving somebody 4 years for using a cheesy, suggestive pickup line.

Forum List

Back