Slanting News on War to Reflect Liberal Views

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Business as usual on the liberal front.

The Slant on Reports about The War Tilts Left
By Jack Kelly, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
April 16, 2006

Monica LaBelle of the Sioux Falls Argus Leader caused a stir Tuesday with this report of a speech made the night before:

"Newt Gingrich, the former Republican speaker of the House, told students and faculty at the University of South Dakota Monday that the United States should pull out of Iraq. ... 'It was an enormous mistake for us to try to occupy that country after June of 2003,' Gingrich said during a question and answer session at the school."

Prominent GOP leader declares Iraq war a mistake, calls for a pullout. This story would have been worth the attention it received if true. But Mr. Gingrich said nothing of the kind.

The remark Ms. LaBelle quoted grotesquely out of context was Mr. Gingrich's view that creation of the Coalition Provisional Authority under Ambassador L. Paul Bremer III was a mistake; that the United States should have established immediately a provisional government under an Iraqi, as it did in Afghanistan with Hamid Karzai. This is a view also held by other unrepentant hawks, such as Michael Ledeen and yours truly. Mr. Gingrich remains firm in his view that the war in Iraq was necessary, and U.S. troops should remain until the insurgency is defeated.

(more examples are cited in Kelly's article)

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06106/682330-108.stm

All this article proves is that an individual had an agenda for whatever reason to slander Newt Gingrich. I hope that he loses his job, but one false story does not a conspiracy make.

PsuedoGhost said:
All this article proves is that an individual had an agenda for whatever reason to slander Newt Gingrich. I hope that he loses his job, but one false story does not a conspiracy make.

Yeah... this is the only story with a liberal slant. hahahah

PsuedoGhost said:

I didn't see the word "conspiracy" used in any of the examples cited in Kelly's article. Rather the article was about when there is evidence to the contrary, the writers/commentators (Monica LaBelle, David Shuster, Joby Warrick) give their particular "spin" or "slant" to the news items to true up the facts with liberal propaganda.

I would call "conspiracy" more like putting forth false/manufactured evidence, as happened in the Dan Rather/CBS story about President Bush and his National Guard service.

Forum List

Back