Slain Army Ranger called 'dumb jock'

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Flame me all you like, I hope these writers die in their sleep tonight.

Anti-war activists say Tillman 'brainwashed into serving as a grunt'

An anti-globalist website posted a story on the ex-NFL player who became an Army Ranger, Pat Tillman, with the title "Dumb Jock Killed in Afghanistan."

The Portland, Ore., branch of the Independent Media Center ran the headline above a story by the Washington Post about Tillman's death last week in a firefight with militia forces in Afghanistan.

Tillman has been lauded by many Americans, including President Bush, as a hero for walking away from a $3.6 million contract in the prime of his football career to join units serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The former Arizona Cardinals defensive back's head coach, Dave McGinnis, said after hearing of his death, "Pat knew his purpose in life. He proudly walked away from a career in football to a greater calling, which was to protect and defend our country. Pat represents those who have and will make the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom."

But the Portland Independent Media Center website was filled with comments affirming the "Dumb Jock" headline.

One suggested an alternative headline, " � or, how about, 'privileged millionaire, blinded by nationalist mythology, pisses away the good life.'"

Another suggested headline was: "'Citizen of empire allows ignorance to cause him to die for imperialism' or maybe ... Capitalist chooses to kill innocents instead of cashing check."

One reader who was identified as "George W." wrote, "Thanks for the laugh."

Commenting on the article's reference to a "brave American," a reader replied: "'brave'???? for going over to Afghanistan completely uninvited and slaughtering brown-skinned people with advanced weaponry?"

Another said: "Tillman chose to go to Afghanistan. He's partially reponsible [sic] for the deaths of hundreds, maybe thousands of Afghan civilians. No need to feel sorry for him, other than feeling bad that he was brainwashed into serving as a grunt."

The reader continued:

"Interesting how another poster said going to Afghanistan in a crusade to kill people is the 'Christian' thing to do. An extremely high percentage of white Judeo-Christians are violent and condone killing.

"Literally speaking, the original headline is true. Tillman is a jock. Going to serve as cannon fodder is dumb. However, people who cheer the deaths of jocks are one and the same with the white supremacist NRA wackos who celebrated Hitler's birthday by murdering many jocks and nonwhites at Columbine.

"If you visit any mainstream sports forum, you'll see over 90 percent of the posts about the issue are patriotic nonsense. They want to avenge Tillman by killing even more people worldwide. On the rare occasion someone makes an intelligent point, e.g., his death was avoidable because we should have brought the troops home a long time ago, the intelligent posters get flamed to oblivion by bloodthirsty chicken hawk 'patriots.'

"The USA will never completely control Afghanistan. Just like the Brits, Soviets, and other countries, the USA is guaranteed to lose."

Read the rest here:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38235

Portland OR, huh? If I had a good address on the guy, I could take care of the lowlife and be back in time for breakfaast at IHOP.

Damn anti-war $#%&@$&#'s!

Piss on them! Those are the kind of a-holes that will never say that kind of stuff outloud because they know they'll get their asses whipped!!!I think people like that,are jealous of people like Tillman.

I hate to flame ya but....

Jimnyc-

How dare you for hoping these people die in their sleep...

I hope they are AWAKE so they can be conscious and feel the life slipping from their useless, despicable bodies. My way of death for them would be that they go to an anti-Bush rally and, somehow, become infected with ebola, dying the most painful of deaths.

So, a pinko commie lib might say that I am no better than these scumbags are for my wishing THEM dead. Well, there is a difference: WEEEEEEE are the good guys, THEY are the evil wastes of oxygen!

Now, I will qualify my belief that liberals are ONLY capable of hate, for this, my friends, is not true.

If anyone saw "Nerf Softball" last night, they saw something very beautiful & loving. I know that they seem very different, but Kerry & Matthews truly have planted the seeds of what is turning out to be a very beautiful love, one about to take flight at any moment. I haven't seen Matthews that giddy in love since his Bush-bashing gang bang with the 9/11 Jersey Sluts. Needless to say, I am very happy for both Chris & John, and I hope that their budding romance will lead to a very loving relationship.

Man - I wish that I never read that. That makes me sick. Those people need to be dropped off in the middle of Fallujah with dirty laundry on their heads.

Hmmm...I know a few dumb Grunt former Rangers (not ex..there is no such thing) who would like to express an opposing view ....should take about 30 seconds... The line starts behind me!

Jimmy my wife is from Portland, OR and I spent a few years there working and this typical of the town that is proud of the moniker "America's Beirut". I can't even begin to name all the far far left wacko organizations that call that town home. Anybody hear of the Animal Liberation Front or ALF? They are the domestic terrorists who sabotage and set fire to forest Dep. offices and any development which encroaches on what they believe to be natural territory, worked in a building right next to their mouthpiece's "revolution store", oh man you should've seen the parade of shitbags in and out of that joint. Everybody should be forced to check out cable acces tv there one time, you will crap your drawers at the parade of freaks. I was there during Gulf I and witnessed the 20,000 person strong protest and blockade of one of the main entrances into downtown and the cops do nothing because the freaks are supported by the politicians there!

So in closing this doesn't surprise me one bit, its a town that just needs to be leveled and new inhabitants brought in. Jeff and DMP i'm sure will testify that the Northwest in general is very left leaning.

Actually we live in Pierce County, which has very blue-collar roots and is about 50-50%. King County, where Seattle is, is a very liberal county, along the lines of Portland. In fact, Jim McDermott, one of the reps that went to Baghdad in February of 2003 to try to avert the war, is from WA's 7th district, which is most of downtown Seattle and extremely liberal.

However, eastern WA and OR is very conservative. It's just the west side of the Cascades, where the major cities are, that have the militant libs.

That is true but the population is so sparse east of the Cascades that they have 0 pull and are dictated to by Portland and Seattle. Its crazy there how basically like 5 counties, in Oregon at least, decide whats good for the rest of the state.

I actually laughed at that article. Tear spilling, gut wrenching, drink spitting laugh!

You know why, because those people still live in this country and they have to realize that all the sane ones here will still be better than they are, we will still be in Afghanistan/Iraq, terrorists will still continue to die at greater numbers than we...there's many reasons to laugh at their stupidity.

Hell, I even laugh because if you are christian and believe in hell, they are surely going. If you believe in karma, they are coming back as cockroaches and slugs. If you believe in the metaphysical, they are embedded in the sap of a tree.

It's great...how superior that article made me know I am.

I have to think that this illustrates perfectly how close we are to civil war in this country . I know that I don't consider this kind of dog shit a citizen of my country and would have no problem taking it out of it's misery . What is funny is that with their supposedly superior intellect you would think that it would fill them with fear knowing that we neanderthals have all of the weapons and the military on our side. We even have the majority of Police and Firemen backing us also . It wouldn't be like the last civil war , it would be over in very little time . With leaders like Hillary and Kerry , I would suggest that they make a mass exodus to Canada soon .

Originally posted by SPIKESMYGOD

Now, I will qualify my belief that liberals are ONLY capable of hate, for this, my friends, is not true.

clarification please. Are you unequivocally saying that all liberals are capable of nothing but hate?

I consider my self a liberal person, I believe in gay rights and enviornmental protection over profits and so on down the line BUT insulting the memory of a soldier who died to defend our contry and the right for you to print that whaterver the hell you want is a truely disgusting bit of hypocracy.

I am a little less radical in the fact that I dont wish them dead, I just wish them guilt, and a damn good bit of it too.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Hey DK, I am kinda thinking that you may not be so much a liberal anymore! Reading some of your posts has me wondering if you are not leaning slightly to the right!:D

Some I do, and some I don't. I've got some very liberal social stances but it comes down to case by case basis most of the time.

;)

Originally posted by sitarro
I have to think that this illustrates perfectly how close we are to civil war in this country . I know that I don't consider this kind of dog shit a citizen of my country and would have no problem taking it out of it's misery . What is funny is that with their supposedly superior intellect you would think that it would fill them with fear knowing that we neanderthals have all of the weapons and the military on our side. We even have the majority of Police and Firemen backing us also . It wouldn't be like the last civil war , it would be over in very little time . With leaders like Hillary and Kerry , I would suggest that they make a mass exodus to Canada soon .

I think i have to agree. I think there is a civil war brewing. It will be between Republicans and Democrats before we know it. The nation hasnt been so polarized since the Civil war. I mean just look at the number of issues which basically send you in one camp or another. Abortion, Gay marriage, taxes, War on terror, Race, etc. There isnt alot of room for in between.

The ironic thing about it is many of those people who would be fighting a civil war against the United States would be those who claim to be marching for peace right now.

Forum List

Back