Skyrocketing costs for Health Care

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
You have to bless the good works of retards to increase your health care while axing millions from coverage.

Skyrocketing costs for Health Care and Education

College-Inflation.png

One of the biggest thieves of retirement has been the unconscionable rise of health care and education costs. With health insurance costs jumping 10-25% per year, a worker with stagnant paychecks is on the long road to bankruptcy. (See Health Insurance Companies Price Gouging the US Economy)

Yesterday I received what was either a Halloween trick or extortion: a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield notifying me of a 24% rate increase starting January 2010. Quite simply, this is price gouging per se.

Got a child or two? Do you want them to go to college? Well you better get rich, fast. The College Board’s study of college pricing trends shows costs have exploded 300% since 1980. That’s especially interesting since median household wages are up only 10-15% over the same time period. Maybe home schooling is better than the poor house.

8 Reasons the US has Become a Nation of Slaves

Last edited:
Thank the US Government and thier Meddling for the increase.

/THREAD.

LOL! That argument doesn't hold water T. What meddling are your referring to? And by the way, I don't hear the insurance company blaming government either.

Last edited:
the skyrocketing health care costs are almost entirely due to the practice of 'defensive medicine' which is driven by frivolous lawsuits....eliminate frivolous lawsuits and health care costs will normalize i.e. scumbag lawyers and insurance companies are 'the problem' bc they are allowed to act as leeches sucking the life out of the health care system when they really shouldn't even have a seat at the table

Last edited:
500+ companies getting ObamaCare waivers won't increase the costs either. A smaller group of people paying for a service means the cost will decrease of course. And we all know there is no fraud in government.

Liberal Economics 101.

/THREAD.

LOL! That argument doesn't hold water T. What meddling are your referring to? And by the way, I don't hear the insurance company blaming government either.

Oh yeah and lets not forget how much Obamacare is gonna cost.

The insurance companies are ratcheting up their prices to cover those millions your so damned worried about.

We, who have insurance, are gonna get hosed to pay for it dunce.

How quickly they forget the raises the insureres were piling on Americans Before anyone attempted to fix the mess.

You have to bless the good works of retards to increase your health care while axing millions from coverage.

College-Inflation.png

One of the biggest thieves of retirement has been the unconscionable rise of health care and education costs. With health insurance costs jumping 10-25% per year, a worker with stagnant paychecks is on the long road to bankruptcy. (See Health Insurance Companies Price Gouging the US Economy)

Yesterday I received what was either a Halloween trick or extortion: a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield notifying me of a 24% rate increase starting January 2010. Quite simply, this is price gouging per se.

Got a child or two? Do you want them to go to college? Well you better get rich, fast. The College Board’s study of college pricing trends shows costs have exploded 300% since 1980. That’s especially interesting since median household wages are up only 10-15% over the same time period. Maybe home schooling is better than the poor house.

Home schooling college level courses?
:wtf:
Are we talking online courses here ... ones that still cost $$$?

the skyrocketing health care costs are almost entirely due to the practice of 'defensive medicine' which is driven by frivolous lawsuits....eliminate frivolous lawsuits and health care costs will normalize i.e. scumbag lawyers and insurance companies are 'the problem' bc they are allowed to act as leeches sucking the life out of the health care system when they really shouldn't even have a seat at the table

Have you considered "scumbag" doctors and medicare fraud in your conclusion as one exception, or is that negligible in terms of "frivolous lawsuits" and "'defensive medicine"'?

I wonder if the expotential expansion of big pharma television ads has anything to with the cost of healthcare? Do doctors in general give patients drugs simply because the patient asks? Do "scumbag doctors" write prescriptions based on sound medicine or do the perks of sales reps have an effect?

College-Inflation.png

Exactly what did you think was going to happen to your premiums????? Insurance comanies now are mandated to cover everyone, cover everyone with pre existing conditions, there are no limits on the costs incurred by each patient and you added 30 to 50 million people onto the rolls. Did you think your premiums were going to stay the same? You are a fool.

Last edited:
Obamacare passes, prices for HC go up... Now the supporters of the Obamacare Bill shuffle around trying to blame something else. In fact I have even heard the Obamacare bill didn't go far enough. Again, you get what you want and the opposite happens, like predicted and told to you. Now when cost rise, like predicted and told to you, you try and blame everyone and everything but yourselves.

You can pretty much apply this logic to almost any Government programs… The bigger the program gets, the worse the problem gets. OF COURSE it’s all free markets fault!

College-Inflation.png

Here are the major causes of the increases, as detailed by the CBO. Perhaps reform should address these.
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/89xx/doc8947/01-31-TechHealth.pdf

Hi shintao:

Skyrocketing costs for Health Care and Education ... One of the biggest thieves of retirement has been the unconscionable rise of health care and education costs. With health insurance costs jumping 10-25% per year, a worker with stagnant paychecks is on the long road to bankruptcy. (See Health Insurance Companies Price Gouging the US Economy) ...

The skyrocketing costs of education and health care have nothing to do with educating or taking care of the health of anyone. The American sheeple are so dumbed down that I may as well be yelling at the Wailing Wall, but here goes:

While you are focusing on the costs of everything going sky high, the root cause is in the value of your worthless fiat currency that is going DOWN AND DOWN into the GROUND thanks to the privately-owned Fed. Let us do the simple math and maybe one in a thousand of you will figure this out:

In the year 2000, five ounces of gold bought one share of the entire S&P index, but today the same stock is bought for less than a single ounce of gold and the disparity is growing in favor of GOLD; because your dollars are becoming more and more WORTHLESS. Think about it: If your dollar is buying less and less of everything, then you need MORE dollars to buy the same commodities, stocks, health care, education or ANYTHING. The price of oil and gas and groceries and everything that you need to survive is going up, while housing prices must alternately go DOWN with decreased demand; because too many JOBS are being outsourced and NAFTA offshored outside US borders.

Too many foreign nationals are taking jobs from Americans, which destroys the local consumer/tax base, which leads to more unemployment and more consumer/tax base erosion leading to the ultimate intended collapse/implosion. Everything the Obama Administration does raises the cost of health care and education and the basic things we need, because Bernanke and his bankster pals are systematically destroying the currency right before your eyes.

The only way to hedge yourself against the coming collapse is to be invested in gold and silver, which are about to skyrocket to record highs over the next two years. However, first invest heavily in food/water stocks and guns and ammo to defend it, or all of the gold and silver in the world will do no good. The people coming to get you will not be after gold or silver, but they will be hungry ...

GL with that too,

Terral

Last edited:
Sky rocketing health care costs have a number of causes.

As Ben Marble says, a huge amount of money is creamed off through defensive medicine (thanks lawyers!) and the insurance companies.

As to the health insurance industry being free market - I beg to differ. As most insurance plans are employer based, most Americans receive health insurance chosen by their HR dept, not by the individual. If each individual American were given the choice of which insurance company they wanted for coverage, you would see those premiums go down. For most of us, we get the plan that is chosen by the HR dept that got taken out to the best lunch and got the most trinkets.

Non compliant patients - Due to the huge sense of entitlement people have these days, they don't realize that they themselves are the most responsible for their own health.

Don't smoke. Don't drink. Take a walk, go for a run, quit eating McDonalds every other day. If you end up in the hospital because you've drunk a fifth of Beam every day for twenty years, we cannot just "fix" you. If you're there for a knee replacement, yes you do have to do the exercises the physical therapist told you to. Otherwise your knee will still be messed up. Seriously.

Obama handed the insurance companies a huge favor when he made it illegal not to have health insurance. I understand the need to have auto insurance, but we can choose to take the bus if we like. We can't choose not to have a body.

Ah, rant over............

/THREAD.

Maybe you should listen.

In what could trigger the first public confrontation between the Department of Health and Human Services and a major health insurer, Blue Shield of California has taken the brazen step of announcing a series of rate increases that will amount to a nearly 60% increase for individuals. Citing increasing health care costs and the mounting financial pressure of implementing Obamacare, Blue Shield is proposing a three-tiered increase to take effect over the next five months that will impact nearly 200,000 policyholders.
New Blue Shield Rates Trigger Obamacare Showdown | Affordable Health Insurance News

I am on a mission to have people talk about health care and health insurance as two different discussions. Politicians muddy the water and pretend health insurance is the main inflation factor but the real inflation creator is health care.

It is the cost of Health care that is rising. If the cost of health care wasn't rising health insurance wouldn't be rising. Forty years ago health care costs were not on a straight up graph line and neither were insurance premiums. They go hand in hand.

Forty years ago I watched people die of cancers that can be cured today. That comes with a cost.

Forty years ago the elderly cut their own toe nails. Today Medicare will pay for a doctor to cut those toe nails but the doctor charges $100 per person.

The government wants us to believe we all deserve the Cadillac health care plan, low co-pays, free toe nail clippings, covered sex changes. The problem is that Cadillac health plans are expensive and not all of us want or need the Cadillac plan.

My friends in the UK are telling me it is only a matter of a few short years until the NHS is bankrupt. The one guy did, at one time, work on determining the formulary for the NHS.

The most equal health care out there is to allow each individual to pay for what they can afford. If they want to pay for an insurance plan that will spend $millions on them at the end of life --- so be it, that is how life is, how life was and life will be. If I can't afford that policy, that is my lot in life. But to steal through taxation to increase my lot in life is not right. The Roman's tried it a long time ago and high taxation helped to bring about their down fall.

I remember reading the SEC 10K on some of the Blue's plans across the nation. There were years that they spent 104% on their medical expenses and on top of that had to pay the salaries of the secretaries, the janitors, etc. I don't know how long companies can run on a 104% expense ratio but if they didn't raise rates, if they couldn't pay their expenses, there would be a lot of sad policy owners. Yep the CEO's make a lot but in the scheme of things take away 100% their salary and the savings on a health insurance premium would be unnoticed. SO when people bring up CEO salary, I already know I am talking with an arrested adolescent and need a straw man to beat up.

I'm one of those natural health people and wonder why people in the USA are so addicted to drugs. Not illegal drugs but legal drugs. A drug to stop smoking, why. A long time ago I quit without drugs. And the drug that is on TV today says a side effect is violence and vivid dreams. Other drugs to cure this and that have terrible side effects and possible death. Why do people take this stuff? A great majority they take the prescription drugs because insurance pays for a lot of them.

Last edited:
Hi urdrwho:

I am on a mission to have people talk about health care and health insurance as two different discussions. Politicians muddy the water and pretend health insurance is the main inflation factor but the real inflation creator is health care.

It is the cost of Health care that is rising. If the cost of health care wasn't rising health insurance wouldn't be rising. Forty years ago health care costs were not on a straight up graph line and neither were insurance premiums. They go hand in hand.

This is all health care propaganda nonsense that deflects attention away from the true cause of health care price inflation, which is the deliberate and systematic devaluation of YOUR CURRENCY. There is no bill out of Washington that is going to fix health care or the rising price of oil or gasoline or anything else that is denominated in worthless U.S. fiat dollars. Period. Just the interest payments on the national debt is 4 billion dollars PER DAY and rising and that does not pay down one cent on the principal.

Go to the National Debt Clock (here) and take a good look around and realize the whole system is build upon a series of lies. The posted total of the US National Debt is supposedly only 14 Trillion dollars (first number), but the US Total Debt is supposedly 55.6 Trillion dollars. If that higher number is true (another lie), then explain the US Unfunded Liabilities number that is 112.3 Trillion dollars and rising fast! That single number equates to more than 1 million dollars per U.S. taxpayer for your part in an astronomical number that goes up 1 million dollars every six seconds!

The truth is that the US National Debt is far more than 100 trillion dollars and has surpassed 200 trillion dollars (story) and that just includes these numbers that the US Debt Clock is willing to include in the data. The privately-owned Fed is printing up trillions and trillions and trillions of zero-interest fiat dollars to prop up a failed currency and a failed economy to keep the ponzi scheme going, so the sheeple will only later figure out that the system collapsed between September 18, 2008 and March of 2009. Until the sheeple wake up, then the printing will continue and the dollars in your pocket will continue to buy less and less health care, oil, gas, food ...

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
I was just explaining price inflation of certain sectors and those sectors would still see rising prices even in a stable currency. The gold standard doesn't change supply and demand.

I am 100% in agreement with your currency theme! I think that until the world is off fiat currency, we all will be the dancing puppets of the puppet masters.

But even during times of the gold standard you still had market forces. The scarcity or excess of a product allows market forces to drive a price up or down. You even had stock market bubbles under the gold standard. The gold standard doesn't change the economics of supply and demand. Inflation may be tame in the gold standard but prices can still fluctuate.

You keep telling your theme and maybe if we are lucky, people will understand the FRB and all the fiat currency nonsense.

Hi urdrwho:

This is all health care propaganda nonsense that deflects attention away from the true cause of health care price inflation, which is the deliberate and systematic devaluation of YOUR CURRENCY. There is no bill out of Washington that is going to fix health care or the rising price of oil or gasoline or anything else that is denominated in worthless U.S. fiat dollars. Period. Just the interest payments on the national debt is 4 billion dollars PER DAY and rising and that does not pay down one cent on the principal.

GL,

Terral[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

College-Inflation.png

Exactly what did you think was going to happen to your premiums????? Insurance comanies now are mandated to cover everyone, cover everyone with pre existing conditions, there are no limits on the costs incurred by each patient and you added 30 to 50 million people onto the rolls. Did you think your premiums were going to stay the same? You are a fool.

Do you think these new people are being covered by insurance companies for free? The insurance companies are just eating the cost? Seriously? This is the basis for your argument? Anyone who 'thanked' you for your post is obviously clueless as to any of this works. Not shocking looking at the list of names though.

Forum List

Back