Skip work on election day?

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Michelle Malkin Obama campaign to worshipers: Ditch work and school on Election Day for The One

text of e mail:

from Jon Carson, BarackObama.com
reply-to [email protected]
to michelle malkin
date Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM
subject Take Election Day off for Barack
mailed-by bounce.bluestatedigital.com

Obama for America
michelle –

Ask your Boss. Ask your Professor.

Take Election Day off and volunteer to make history.

Watch this video and sign up to help get out the vote on Tuesday, November 4th:

Watch the video

This election will be decided by what this grassroots movement can accomplish on Election Day.

We have volunteer shifts to fill throughout the day — make calls, knock on doors, and make sure your fellow voters get to the polls.

No previous experience is required. Sign up now to take the day off and make history on November 4th:

Barack Obama | Change We Need | Take Election Day Off

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Carson
National Field Director
Obama for America

wow a presidential candidate urging people to be irresponsible and skip work to volunteer for his campaign.

just call out sick and let someone else pick up your slack.

This is what the Obama Campaign said:

Ask
your Boss. Ask your Professor.

Take Election Day off and volunteer to make history.

This is what some wingnut said:

Michelle Malkin Obama campaign to worshipers: Ditch work and school on Election Day for The One

:eusa_whistle:

That radical Obama...
How dare he advocate workers not working and slowing down the economy? Doesn't he know we're in an economic crisis? All this just to exercise our right to vote (for him), the foundation of our democracy.

Does he somehow think that Election Day should be deserving of some national holiday like New Year's Day, Columbus Day, Washington's Birthday, and MLK's Birthday?

That radical Obama...
How dare he advocate workers not working and slowing down the economy? Doesn't he know we're in an economic crisis? All this just to exercise our right to vote (for him), the foundation of our democracy.

Does he somehow think that Election Day should be deserving of some national holiday like New Year's Day, Columbus Day, Washington's Birthday, and MLK's Birthday?

:lol: I can't ever tell if you're joking, which makes me laugh just the same.

Personally, I think election day SHOULD be a national holiday. It would encourage more voter turn out that's for sure!

I got the email from the Obama campaign but sadly I can't take the day off :(

For one, i know when I used to work for someone else that I needed to request time off at least 2 weeks in advance, preferably three.

So when all these good folks get denied time off to volunteer, what happens? they get sued?

For one, i know when I used to work for someone else that I needed to request time off at least 2 weeks in advance, preferably three.

So when all these good folks get denied time off to volunteer, what happens? they get sued?

sued? for not allowing someone to take the day off? are you really this big of an idiot? seriously?

Do you know anything about the law? I doubt it. :doubt:

Perhaps they can ask for half a day off instead of a whole day? compromise is a beautiful thing.

sued? for not allowing someone to take the day off? are you really this big of an idiot? seriously?

Do you know anything about the law? I doubt it. :doubt:

Perhaps they can ask for half a day off instead of a whole day? compromise is a beautiful thing.

Hey look what BHO fans do to radio stations and writers who dare question their fearless leader.

Hot Air Blog Archive Obama’s character assassins target another National Review journalist

Why would an employer be spared?

I think you shouldn't be allowed to work that day until you have an "I Voted" sticker on your forehead ... just don't cover your mark of the beast with it.

Forum List

Back