Skins: "The Most Dangerous Show on Television"

or he could talk to johnny's parents about what they let their kids watch/do/etc as most responsible parents do OR he could have a relationship of trust with his kid and tell the kid he doesn't want him watching such stuff anywhere

lol. Do you have kids?? And don't lie....

yep, 1

your deflection is noted

how is a deflection different from a block?

MTV said Thursday that racy teen dram "Skins" will not be returning for a second season in the U.S., due to dwindling ratings for the American version of the popular U.K. show.

After its Jan. 17 premiere, the show's controversial content saw at least nine major sponsors pull their ads, including Taco Bell, GM, Wrigley and Subway.

The show also suffered as it wasn't able to be shown until after 10:00pm because of its MA rating, but was aimed at high school-aged viewers.
Read more: MTV Cancels Racy Teen Drama 'Skins' After One Season - FoxNews.com

Hmmm. I should have placed a wager. :eusa_whistle:

You mustn't be a parent or teacher. Or you think it's ok for children to engage in prostitution and illegal drugs - without consequence.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if MTV did an honest "realistic" depiction of high school kids? Fat kids smoking cigarettes, littering, and playing video games until 4 a.m.? Or would that be too offensive?

Parents do not monitor teenagers' media. Unless a parent wants to spend 24/7 with their older children, it is IMPOSSIBLE to prevent them from seeing trash like this. What I'd like to see is all sponsors boycott the show.
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

I thought that was supposed to be the "liberal" rallying cry?

Instead of giving in to knee-jerk reactions and start censoring everything. Maybe this would be a good time educate your children instead of expecting society and the media to do it for you.

Your kids are smarter than you think.
You are dumber than you'd like to believe.

That's not meant as an insault, but as a parent myself, you'll find it that you don't know as much as you think you do. When you make something more "taboo", you're actually raising their intrest in it but when you educate them, then the subject becomes boring after while. By educating them, you make it less desirable.

I'm not a religious person by any streatch, but there's a quote by St. Raphael (I think) that says: " A saintly man isn't one who hides from temptation but walks through it without sercoming".

You mustn't be a parent or teacher. Or you think it's ok for children to engage in prostitution and illegal drugs - without consequence.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if MTV did an honest "realistic" depiction of high school kids? Fat kids smoking cigarettes, littering, and playing video games until 4 a.m.? Or would that be too offensive?

Parents do not monitor teenagers' media. Unless a parent wants to spend 24/7 with their older children, it is IMPOSSIBLE to prevent them from seeing trash like this. What I'd like to see is all sponsors boycott the show.
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

I thought that was supposed to be the "liberal" rallying cry?

No, it's the rally cry of anyone that loses a censorship argument because they the lack of an intelligent argument. Anyone who resorts to "think of the children" has already lost the debate.

I think it is a terrible show. I've seen two episodes and that was all I could handle.
Of course, that is my opinion. For those that like it, more power to you. That is why we have so many channels to watch, because there are so many different interests.
Yes, I do have kids and no, they will not be watching that show in our house. All the TV's are in "gathering" rooms so they cannot watch it with out me knowing. I still believe it is the parents "job" to raise their children..................not plant them in front of the TV and let the Kardashians do it! If it makes me a bad parent to keep my kids from seeing all the crap on TV, then, so be it. I don't have any illusion that they won't see some of it anyway........at a friends house, etc. But I hope that I have raised them to have enough character, morals & BRAINS to know that it is ONLY a TV show. In other words, not real, made up, fiction, & no relevance to real life.

Forum List

Back