Skin probs

kg is right psoriasis starts young...mine started when i was about 10 years old....psoriasis will rarely show below the elbows or knees and it will normally stop at the neck too....back in the day.....you either took steroid shots or you went into the sun....my mother said sun was free...and there i was...8 to 10 hours of sunlight a day...if not at the pool then under an old fashioned sunlamp...a few years ago i was having a place removed from my face....the doctor makes a really mean ass remark about 'sun worshipers'....i simply told him i had psoriasis as a child....he back peddled so damn fast....admitting the medical treatment was wrong and the medical profession had fucked up a lot of people with that course of treatment....most of the people my age...who had psoriasis now have skin cancer....my dermo just shakes her head...and says how sorry she is that a whole generation has gotten skin cancer trying to cure psoriasis...but i love her...she tells me....you keep you appointments....every 6 months for a full body check and you will not die of skin cancer...she stays on me about it.....

the hardest part.....not being allow any sun....when i am out i am covered...i joke about wearing a burka

kg is right psoriasis starts young...mine started when i was about 10 years old....psoriasis will rarely show below the elbows or knees and it will normally stop at the neck too....back in the day.....you either took steroid shots or you went into the sun....my mother said sun was free...and there i was...8 to 10 hours of sunlight a day...if not at the pool then under an old fashioned sunlamp...a few years ago i was having a place removed from my face....the doctor makes a really mean ass remark about 'sun worshipers'....i simply told him i had psoriasis as a child....he back peddled so damn fast....admitting the medical treatment was wrong and the medical profession had fucked up a lot of people with that course of treatment....most of the people my age...who had psoriasis now have skin cancer....my dermo just shakes her head...and says how sorry she is that a whole generation has gotten skin cancer trying to cure psoriasis...but i love her...she tells me....you keep you appointments....every 6 months for a full body check and you will not die of skin cancer...she stays on me about it.....

the hardest part.....not being allow any sun....when i am out i am covered...i joke about wearing a burka

My psoriasis started on the tops of my feet. It's also pretty common for it to affect the head I think.

My son has plaque all over the fronts of his shins. He used to have it all over his scalp..sun does help but then there is the cancer risk. He keeps his hair very very short and for whatever reason it doesn't affect his scalp much since his mid 20s. We both have it on our faces but not severe. Every now and then I get secondary infections which are not fun and I have psoriatic arthritis that affects my right hand, mostly...my thumb up to my wrist is generally painful and my thumb has the disfigured/swollen cartilage and scar tissue, it's a drag but oh well, could be worse. Many ppl are truly debilitated by it.

My son has plaque all over the fronts of his shins. He used to have it all over his scalp..sun does help but then there is the cancer risk. He keeps his hair very very short and for whatever reason it doesn't affect his scalp much since his mid 20s. We both have it on our faces but not severe. Every now and then I get secondary infections which are not fun and I have psoriatic arthritis that affects my right hand, mostly...my thumb up to my wrist is generally painful and my thumb has the disfigured/swollen cartilage and scar tissue, it's a drag but oh well, could be worse. Many ppl are truly debilitated by it.

Developing psoriatic arthritis is my biggest worry with psoriasis.

It's not lots of fun, but if mine is the worst I'm dealt, I'll take it.

It's not lots of fun, but if mine is the worst I'm dealt, I'll take it.
Agreed. Mine could be much worse so I am thankful it is not like what some of those pics show on google. Irritating and embarassing too, so it does a number not only on your joints and skin, but with your mental status as well. My hair is much longer now, thank goodness. When the neck flareup happens, I keep my hair down so the neck is hidden. When its going into non flareup mode, its on top of my head in a bun.
My RA is still on hiatus, so I am thankful for that too. I think it has mellowed so much due to the weight loss (not carryng so much around like I was before) and being really picky on what goes in my face and stomach. This hiatus won't last long though...so I am enjoying it being gone for now.

Yeah mine is much, much worse if I'm eating a lot of refined flour/sugar.

what the hell....the shit in my hands if from this....i just thought it was aging...a couple of finger joints swell and hurt but i got this shoulder pain.....i need to have all this checked damn it

ahh remission is such a sweet thing.....i was there for a long time.....i remember the day i was told the heart break was back....i walked out of the dermo office and called my mom and we both cried

what the hell....the shit in my hands if from this....i just thought it was aging...a couple of finger joints swell and hurt but i got this shoulder pain.....i need to have all this checked damn it
Could be bursitis in your shoulder. I have it in my hip. It sucks. I think I also have bursitis in my own left shoulder, too. If I raise my arm...oh man. PAIN. But after moving around during the day it lightens up some. I feel a "pull" and a "click" but no pain in the afternoon. Mornings though? Owie zowie.
RA still on hiatus. Neck cleared up but it feels like chicken feet. Dry dry dry. Might put some bagbalm on it tonight. That stuff works wonders for swollen finger joints.

Forum List

Back