Skin Bleaching A Growing Problem In Jamaica

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
KINGSTON, Jamaica – Mikeisha Simpson covers her body in greasy white cream and bundles up in a track suit to avoid the fierce sun of her native Jamaica, but she's not worried about skin cancer.

The 23-year-old resident of a Kingston ghetto hopes to transform her dark complexion to a cafe-au-lait-color common among Jamaica's elite and favored by many men in her neighborhood. She believes a fairer skin could be her ticket to a better life. So she spends her meager savings on cheap black-market concoctions that promise to lighten her pigment.

Skin bleaching a growing problem in Jamaica slums - Yahoo! News

• Banned
If there were no white people in the world, this would'nt be happening.

If there were no white people in the world, this would'nt be happening.

You are correct, sir!

"If we really want to control the spread of the skin-bleaching virus, we first have to admit that there's an epidemic of color prejudice in our society," said Carolyn Cooper, a professor of literary and cultural studies at the University of the West Indies, writing in The Jamaica Gleaner newspaper.

• Banned
Ya, I guess the Jamaicans don't know that being a white person is a bad thing, at least in America.

• Banned
On the bright side, at least we know the white race will never go extinct :lol:

Sad the lengths some ppl will go through to "look" right. Next thing you know slim girls from the burbs will be getting potentially poisonous substances injected into their buttocks, breasts and lips to look more Jamaican.

All cynicism aside, it is sad. I read the article and though my god, no daughter of mine should have to feel so downtrodden that she better go to them lengths to beautify herself.

Sad the lengths some ppl will go through to "look" right. Next thing you know slim girls from the burbs will be getting potentially poisonous substances injected into their buttocks, breasts and lips to look more Jamaican.

All cynicism aside, it is sad. I read the article and though my god, no daughter of mine should have to feel so downtrodden that she better go to them lengths to beautify herself.

It is a result of BLACK Racism.

I taught in a middle school that was 90% black, but the black girls explained to me that a boy that was "bright" (lighter skinned negro) was much more handsome than what I would call a "blue-gum" negro.

And, lets face it, there are no darker skinned black women on the front of this magazine:
short-black-hair-magazine-744x1024.jpg

tiguida11.JPG

She is beautiful. Those who think she is not because she is BLACK black, are crazy.

Forum List

Back