Ski87 Here

"Land of liberals?" Really? You in Santa Fe?

I was up there in uniform and had a door shut in my face and dirty looks....geez

I've been in the Albuquerque area since early November, seems pretty conservative to me, but I don't get out much, LOL. Not to mention when I think "open carry state" I think conservative.

Albuquerque is pretty much a mixed bag--a pretty even mix of conservative and liberal and everything in between I think. As is really the state. The eastern side is so redneck conservative they're funny--the western side is where all the anarchists live--the north and south is liberal land. A strong majority registered Democrat across the state but every now and then votes Republican. I think they will vote a lot of GOP in the coming election. Pretty independent breed here.

Except for Santa Fe. :)

Anyhow welcome to USMB AND New Mexico Ski. Hope you've found a happy home in both.

are you a recruiter? why did someone slam the door in your face...what is the other side of the story?

Not a recruiter, I took the boss up there to meet with some state delegates and while I waited, I walked across the street to the local coffee shop. I did nothing but walk in and order, was shocked.

are you a recruiter? why did someone slam the door in your face...what is the other side of the story?

Not a recruiter, I took the boss up there to meet with some state delegates and while I waited, I walked across the street to the local coffee shop. I did nothing but walk in and order, was shocked.

Meh, stick to Albuquerque and points south.

There are a lot of anti-war activists in Santa Fe--there's usually a demonstration protesting something there average once a week and often it is something anti whatever the military is involved in. There's also a lot of nice folks in Santa Fe and the anti-military sentiment is NOT typical across the state.

Santa Fe is a little world all unto itself though. I could tell you such tales. And actually it used to be my home town. :)

Hello,

Glad to be here, I am an active duty soldier assigned here in New Mexico...the land of liberals. Look forward to great discussions here with all of you, couldn't deal with the juvenile threads and participants over in myspace political forums, so here I am. Thanks.:razz:

Welcome ski

Looking forward to your posts

Forum List

Back