SJW Snowflake Moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
I've noticed that the Fascistbook style of deleting posts with factual yet conservative views has now infected USMB. Sad to see.

Last edited:
I've noticed that the Fascistbook style of deleting posts with factual yet conservative view has now infected USMB. Sad to see.
Just lost a whole page of a thread I've been contributing to all day, along with at least one post that was definitely not against the rules in any way. I'm a liberal, so you know it isn't political.
I think we are having another technological moment.

I've noticed that the Fascistbook style of deleting posts with factual yet conservative view has now infected USMB. Sad to see.
Just lost a whole page of a thread I've been contributing to all day, along with at least one post that was definitely not against the rules in any way. I'm a liberal, so you know it isn't political.
I think we are having another technological moment.

You are overly kind.

;)

The problem is there are too many trolls on both sides spewing hate and ignorance.

I do agree that the mods should chill out a bit. Warn more, delete less

The problem is there are too many trolls on both sides spewing hate and ignorance.

What a find particularly creepy is that the deletions/warnings are anonymous. We should have transparency into who is deciding. There is definitely a political bias at work.

Last edited:

Indeed. I can't speak specifically to the post at hand as I don't know what it was. Just as a general opinion, this is a great forum, and many forums have a difficult time growing and keeping loyal contributors. Thus, it's important to be as reasonable and fair as possible.

This place has been having server problems.

For what its worth I think its pretty forgiving.

What a find particularly creep is that the deletions/warnings are anonymous. We should have transparency into who is deciding. There is definitely a political bias at work.
Yes well there are clearly several partisan mods on here but what’s new... that’s how media and business is. Many people in power have strong opinions

I think we are having another technological moment.[/QUOT

What a find particularly creep is that the deletions/warnings are anonymous. We should have transparency into who is deciding. There is definitely a political bias at work.
If you have the patience to PM a few mods though, whoever pulled your post will tell you why. I've never had it remain a mystery if I asked.

And I found the portions of the thread I thought were lost. Does anyone else find that sometimes whole chunks of posts get missed while they're reading an active thread, only to be discovered if you go back later and start reading from page 1?

I get more annoyed by merging threads... I’ve lost many good conversations through merges. And don’t typically engage into threads that are already 10 pages deep

A fren said that it's getting as bad as the heavy handed Rainbow Romper Room that Hannity turned into, which drove a large segment of its posters here.

The irony-o-meter is off the scale again.

ibtl

Last edited:

If you have the patience to PM a few mods though, whoever pulled your post will tell you why. I've never had it remain a mystery if I asked.

And I found the portions of the thread I thought were lost. Does anyone else find that sometimes whole chunks of posts get missed while they're reading an active thread, only to be discovered if you go back later and start reading from page 1?

I shouldn't have to conduct an investigation to find out who made the decision.

A fren said that it's getting as bad as the heavy handed Rainbow Romper Room that Hannity turned into, which drove a large segment of its posters here.

The irony-o-meter is off the scale again.

ibtl
Is THAT what's going on? I thought it was because we are one year from the Conventions.....

I agree it would be nice if every mod sent the reason and their initials, but I have heard them say that the way the software works, when they are "cleaning up" a thread and deleting a bunch of posts at once, the reason for it might not apply to all so they don't send a reason at all.
It is kind of annoying to have to willy nilly PM a few mods to see who pulled a post, but we get there eventually.

I agree it would be nice if every mod sent the reason and their initials, but I have heard them say that the way the software works, when they are "cleaning up" a thread and deleting a bunch of posts at once, the reason for it might not apply to all so they don't send a reason at all.
It is kind of annoying to have to willy nilly PM a few mods to see who pulled a post, but we get there eventually.

It would be incredibly easy for them just to include their board name in the message.

I've noticed that the Fascistbook style of deleting posts with factual yet conservative views has now infected USMB. Sad to see.

No, what you've noticed is your own bias and what you want to see, plain and simple. There is no bias here on behalf of the moderation staff, period. The Trump Tards and the Collusion Delusion Sufferers are all treated the same. There were several post and threads that got lost due to the site outage two days ago.

Bottom line, this is a free site. You don't have to pay to be here nor are you forced to stay, so if you don't like it, leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back