Size of Countries by Population

... If the USA were back to the 150-200 million I knew as a child, we'd have no concerns for any of these things.

Bullshit. Smog in LA was far worse in 1970. The air quality in Beijing is better today than just a few years ago.

It is not about how many people there are, but how we manage resources. There has been pollution famine war and all the rest of that shit for all of human history no matter how small or large our population has been. We don’t share and play nicely together. That’s the issue, not some ghoulish Democrat eugenics bullshit wishing there were Fewer human lives on our planet. Stop believing the false crisis propagated over 40 years ago. In the not too distant future, most countries will be dealing with problems related to rapidly declining population not the false bogeyman of population explosion that some empty headed chicken Littles still insist on shrieking about.

Sure.

Yes, SURE.

Look you dumbass, you just made my own point for me!

"It is not about how many people there are, but how we manage resources. There has been pollution famine war and all the rest of that shit for all of human history no matter how small or large our population has been."

Right! We have NEVER managed our resources well by your own admission because as you say there has always been pollution, famine and war, with no reason to think we'll do significantly better in the future and now with so many people, the mismanagement has gone from a small to HUGE problem where we now have plastic in the soil, in the drinking water, floating ashore on Easter Island and recycle companies overflowing unable to find buyers! Eventually, a material becomes no longer recyclable, then we have to dump it somewhere, and with so many people, the problem is escalating along an exponential curve. The key to bringing the problem under control is by limiting the SOURCE of the problem: PEOPLE.
You fail logic utterly.

My, my. That REALLY concerns me as I used to TEACH IT.

Bullshit. Smog in LA was far worse in 1970. The air quality in Beijing is better today than just a few years ago.

It is not about how many people there are, but how we manage resources. There has been pollution famine war and all the rest of that shit for all of human history no matter how small or large our population has been. We don’t share and play nicely together. That’s the issue, not some ghoulish Democrat eugenics bullshit wishing there were Fewer human lives on our planet. Stop believing the false crisis propagated over 40 years ago. In the not too distant future, most countries will be dealing with problems related to rapidly declining population not the false bogeyman of population explosion that some empty headed chicken Littles still insist on shrieking about.

Sure.

Yes, SURE.

"It is not about how many people there are, but how we manage resources. There has been pollution famine war and all the rest of that shit for all of human history no matter how small or large our population has been."

Right! We have NEVER managed our resources well by your own admission because as you say there has always been pollution, famine and war, with no reason to think we'll do significantly better in the future and now with so many people, the mismanagement has gone from a small to HUGE problem where we now have plastic in the soil, in the drinking water, floating ashore on Easter Island and recycle companies overflowing unable to find buyers! Eventually, a material becomes no longer recyclable, then we have to dump it somewhere, and with so many people, the problem is escalating along an exponential curve. The key to bringing the problem under control is by limiting the SOURCE of the problem: PEOPLE.
You fail logic utterly.

It should concern you because you don’t seem to understand it at all.

You fail logic utterly.

Not to know a man's purpose does not make HIM confused! ;)

world-map-population.jpg

Look how small Russia is. And it’s a “world power.” And how little Canada is.

Max Roser has constructed a cartogram of the world where the size of the countries are determined by their populations (big version of the image here). He refers to it as “the map we need if we want to think about how global living conditions are changing”.

More @ A Map of the World Where the Sizes of Countries Are Determined by Population
Shit holes sure look a lot bigger then on other maps.

You fail logic utterly.

The Whirled Wad of Wub

New Age academic Logic grabs at all sorts of ragged, static, or irrelevant material to weave its web of deception.

Yes, SURE.

You fail logic utterly.

The Whirled Wad of Wub

New Age academic Logic grabs at all sorts of ragged, static, or irrelevant material to weave its web of deception.

Logic isn’t new or old, it’s just logic.

Forum List

Back