Sixty-Million Dollar Union Assault on Wisconsin Governor Walker

M.D. Rawlings

Classical Liberal
May 26, 2011
Heavenly Places
by Gary Larson
April 27, 2012
American Thinker

. . . Stirring animosity for Walker and the new majority GOPers will be the same ol' strategy: Vilify 'em, dehumanize, ignore real issues, change the subject. Same as before, union strategists will try to stir the base (that, in more ways than one) to portray Walker as Hitler-like, for limiting what they (and union-friendly news media) like to call "rights."

READ MORE

Wisconsinians only have themselves to blame for bankrupting the state and the ruination of its economy should they be persuaded by these lunatics.

Last edited:
Wisconsin had the highest job losses IN THE US in the past 12 months. Walker is a corporatist asshat.

Wisconsin job losses highest in nation for last 12 months, federal report says

Wisconsin was losing jobs at a horrendous rate before Walker took office and the state government was teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. Walker's policies are working, putting the state's fiscal house back in order. The economy will eventually follow now that the unions have been stopped. The current trend is not a reflection on Walker's policies, but a result of years and years of democratic control.

The state is climbing its way out of a hole dug by Democrats.

Wisconsin had the highest job losses IN THE US in the past 12 months. Walker is a corporatist asshat.

I think you missed this part...

But Wisconsin also was one of 18 states to post a statistically significant decrease in its unemployment rate compared to March 2011, the report noted. Wisconsin's rate fell from 7.6 percent to 6.8 percent during that time period, a difference of 0.8 percentage points. Alabama and Michigan had the nation's biggest jobless drops from March 2011, both falling about 2 percentage points, the report said.

"Wisconsin's economy is turning around, but there is still a lot of work to do," said Cullen Werwie, spokesman for Gov. Scott Walker. "The state has added over 15,000 private sector jobs since the start of the year, and the state's unemployment rate is down to 6.8 percent. A year ago the unemployment rate was 7.6 percent; now it's at its lowest since 2008."

In addition, John Dipko, spokesman for the state Department of Workforce Development, noted new business formations in Wisconsin this year were up 12.2 percent through March, compared with the same period in 2011. He also said state tax revenue collections were up 4.2 percent in the first quarter of this year, compared with January-March of 2011.

That all just sucks, huh. :rolleyes:

In addition, John Dipko, spokesman for the state Department of Workforce Development, noted new business formations in Wisconsin this year were up 12.2 percent through March, compared with the same period in 2011. He also said state tax revenue collections were up 4.2 percent in the first quarter of this year, compared with January-March of 2011.

Oh cool, did they build a Wal-Mart and a couple of McDonalds? And what you highlighted ain't so rosy a picture.

JOB LOSSES STILL HIGHEST IN THE NATION.

Last edited:
Public service, state civil servant, welfare workers need those collective "bargaining" rights..................

Oh cool, did they build a Wal-Mart and a couple of McDonalds. And what you highlighted ain't so rosy a picture.

JOB LOSSES STILL HIGHEST IN THE NATION.

decreased unemployment rate is bad?
adding 15,000 private sector jobs is bad?
new business formations up 12.2% is bad?

your partisan hackery is showing.

I think you missed this part...

But Wisconsin also was one of 18 states to post a statistically significant decrease in its unemployment rate compared to March 2011, the report noted. Wisconsin's rate fell from 7.6 percent to 6.8 percent during that time period, a difference of 0.8 percentage points. Alabama and Michigan had the nation's biggest jobless drops from March 2011, both falling about 2 percentage points, the report said.

"Wisconsin's economy is turning around, but there is still a lot of work to do," said Cullen Werwie, spokesman for Gov. Scott Walker. "The state has added over 15,000 private sector jobs since the start of the year, and the state's unemployment rate is down to 6.8 percent. A year ago the unemployment rate was 7.6 percent; now it's at its lowest since 2008."

That all just sucks, huh. :rolleyes:

Good job, Conservative, was just about to post the very same excerpt. Good thing I checked the thread first.

If I was a union member and I saw all this money being flooded into Wi. I would be pissed that I'm paying too much in union dues to have it thown around like this.
Most union members aren't die-hards, they're in a union only because of the job.

If I was a union member and I saw all this money being flooded into Wi. I would be pissed that I'm paying too much in union dues to have it thown around like this.
Most union members aren't die-hards, they're in a union only because of the job.

Fair enough.

Forum List

Back