Six Wisconsin recall elections tonight

Lots of votes to be counted/reported yet.

And I was hoping for six runoff elections. :(

What will I do with all this popcorn? :confused:

King and Hopper are now tied with 19% reporting in. King (D) slightly leading.

According to the LaCrosse Tribune, Jennifer Shilling (D) still leads Dan Kapanke (R-inc.) 53-47 with 80 of 119 precincts reporting (67 percent).

Why Wisconsin's recall election matters to the rest of America - CSMonitor.com

Tuesday’s election may unseat six Republicans.
Next week, two Democrats face the same fight.
The recalls may shift the balance of power in the state Senate from the current 19-14 Republican majority.

Because Republicans still control the Assembly and governor’s mansion, a Democratic victory will not roll back any of the new legislation. The unprecedented summer election will be “almost entirely symbolic,” says Barry Burden, a political scientist at the University of Wisconsin at Madison."

CaféAuLait;3980336 said:
They had to pick up five seats, impossible now with 2 being called for GOP. Looks like they might pick up 2 as of now.

I'm pretty sure the number was three. I could be wrong though.

The number IS three, and at the moment three races have the Dem in the lead.

The number is three as long as the two fleebaggers retain their seats next week...

The recalls may shift the balance of power in the state Senate from the current 19-14 Republican majority.

Because Republicans still control the Assembly and governor’s mansion, a Democratic victory will not roll back any of the new legislation. The unprecedented summer election will be “almost entirely symbolic,” says Barry Burden, a political scientist at the University of Wisconsin at Madison."

Doing your best to write this off as nothing already? :lol:

Bullshit. When was the last time this kind of national money went into a local election. Definitely not the norm

Prop H8, California. Thank you for asking.

And who exactly got elected in Prop8? ................................................................................................................................................................ Yea thats what I thought

scott brown 2010

AP has Dems leading three races.

Olson hanging on in Dis 14.

Weeeeeee :razz:

He's likely to win by a little bit. 94% reporting in with a 54-46% lead. Would not be surprised if that one comes down to counting for awhile longer.

:rofl:

:cuckoo:

The LaCrosse Tribune has more updated results for District 32, and with 73 of 119 precincts in, they say that Shilling (D) leads Kapanke (R) 53-47. But only 8 of LaCrosse County's 40 precincts have reported. The results in now are mostly rural.

And the rural areas are mostly conservative in this state.

The LaCrosse Tribune has more updated results for District 32, and with 73 of 119 precincts in, they say that Shilling (D) leads Kapanke (R) 53-47. But only 8 of LaCrosse County's 40 precincts have reported. The results in now are mostly rural.

And the rural areas are mostly conservative in this state.

So she's likely to win.

Forum List

Back