Six Wisconsin recall elections tonight

Dude...

You don't HAVE to be a leftist hack in EVERY post...

Just sayin'....

BTW, been here throughout....

I'm not being a leftist hack. The right has been awfully quiet about the recall elections in Wisconsin. And if there's any chance they may retain their majority, you'll see them begin to come out of the woodwork. Simple as that.

I'll give you credit for being here before the polls closed, but you're one of the few.

Personally, I didn't have grand expectations like some people going into this. I remember reading how some people thought they were going to get all six seats, not happening.

So far, Republicans appear to be holding their seats. Looking good for the GOP

Will Wisconsin send a message to Republicans or remain loyal to the Tea Party?

Scott Walker is getting a referendum

Recall elections to determine Wisconsin Senate control - USATODAY.com

Are you unwilling to define a "referendum"?

I think that this pretty much speaks to the attitude of wisconsin voters, all those teachers looked pretty ridiculous making more money than their private sector counter-parts and demanding more, making total a-holes out of themselves by storming the capitol building, refusing to teach, having someone write them a doctor's excuse for being absent. If I were one of those Democrats that stayed out of state to avoid a vote, I would not be sleeping too well after this- they will be re-called at their next election.

Well we shall see in the morning...............

My bet is that the state will continue down the path of recovery.........Once this nonsense is over......

"The Wisconsin Democracy Campaign, a nonpartisan group that tracks campaign spending in the state, reports that, as of Sunday, total spending in the recall election reached $33 million. Outside spending accounts for $28 million, with about $5.1 million directly spent by candidates. Research Director Michael Buelow says spending for Republican and Democratic candidates is roughly “neck and neck.” He estimates that when the races are over, spending will have reached from $35 to $40 million.

“There’s a feeling in the state that a lot of money is flowing in from the outside, either to fuel the labor side for the Democrats, or the other special interest groups that are fueling the Republican effort,” Mr. Buelow says.

The election’s top spender is We Are Wisconsin, a coalition of union groups that has already spent $9.8 million on local races benefiting Democrats.
The top conservative organizations supporting Republican incumbents are Club For Growth, Americans for Prosperity, and the American Federation For Children, which are all unregistered."

oooppsss

Will Wisconsin send a message to Republicans or remain loyal to the Tea Party?

Scott Walker is getting a referendum

Recall elections to determine Wisconsin Senate control - USATODAY.com

Are you unwilling to define a "referendum"?

I think that this pretty much speaks to the attitude of wisconsin voters, all those teachers looked pretty ridiculous making more money than their private sector counter-parts and demanding more, making total a-holes out of themselves by storming the capitol building, refusing to teach, having someone write them a doctor's excuse for being absent. If I were one of those Democrats that stayed out of state to avoid a vote, I would not be sleeping too well after this- they will be re-called at their next election.

And to think that they targeted heavily democratic distircts makes this look even worse for the Dems, as I am sure they thought the Dems would fall in line, they didn't. If this is the case in Wisconsin, we can see how this will effect the next election- Landslide GOP victory.

Last edited:
August 9 recall election results - JSOnline
live updates here :)

State Senate - District 2 - General
August 09, 2011 - 09:03PM CT
Wisconsin - 60 of 90 Precincts Reporting - 67%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Cowles , Robert (i) GOP 15,047 59%
Nusbaum , Nancy Dem 10,533 41%

State Senate - District 8 - General
Wisconsin - 7 of 82 Precincts Reporting - 9%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Darling , Alberta (i) GOP 3,183 71%
Pasch , Sandra Dem 1,320 29%

State Senate - District 10 - General
Wisconsin - 66 of 114 Precincts Reporting - 58%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Harsdorf , Sheila (i) GOP 17,438 58%
Moore , Shelly Dem 12,446 42%

State Senate - District 14 - General
Wisconsin - 59 of 126 Precincts Reporting - 47%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Olsen , Luther (i) GOP 10,462 55%
Clark , Fred Dem 8,562 45%

State Senate - District 18 - General
Wisconsin - 9 of 108 Precincts Reporting - 8%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Hopper , Randy (i) GOP 3,680 52%
King , Jessica Dem 3,395 48%

State Senate - District 32 - General
Wisconsin - 31 of 119 Precincts Reporting - 26%
Name Party Votes Vote %
Shilling , Jennifer Dem 2,641 51%
Kapanke , Dan (i) GOP 2,556 49%

although I do enjoy Ollie being the caller ;)

Last edited:
Dude...

You don't HAVE to be a leftist hack in EVERY post...

Just sayin'....

BTW, been here throughout....

I'm not being a leftist hack. The right has been awfully quiet about the recall elections in Wisconsin. And if there's any chance they may retain their majority, you'll see them begin to come out of the woodwork. Simple as that.

I'll give you credit for being here before the polls closed, but you're one of the few.

Personally, I didn't have grand expectations like some people going into this. I remember reading how some people thought they were going to get all six seats, not happening.

Not much to say while nothing was happening.... The gamesmanship before the election is boring to tell the truth...

I did enjoy slapping the fleebagger supporters though....:lol:

And to think that they targeted heavily democratic distircts makes this look even worse for the Dems, as I am sure they thought the Dems would fall in line, they didn't. If this is the case in Wisconsin, we can see how this will effect the next election- Landslide GOP victory.

You do realize that all the incumbents in tonight's races are Republican right?

You do realize that all the incumbents in tonight's races are Republican right?

You do realize you lose POTUS, half the remaining Dem State houses and probably 60 more Congress seats in 12, right?

Forum List

Back