six-toed cats in Florida

Sitting at a table feeding his cat Cristobal a corn cob at his home, Hem loved his six-toed cats!:D:D

EH08504P.jpg

I said it before and say it again.... Papa rules (and his cats )that's the life!:clap2::cool::D

gorey.jpg

Mary Hemingway(c)Ernest Hemingway Collection, JFK Presidential Library and Museum

tumblr_lruu66rTIH1qckx5qo1_1280.jpg

Mary Hemingway(c)Ernest Hemingway Collection, JFK Presidential Library and Museum

I dont think people should have lots of cats like that its not fair on them a cat needs quite a lot of attention you couldnt give enough attention to that many cats, maybe 3 or 4 should be the limit

I thought polydactyl just meant extra toes...

We've had some through the years. We had a whole family of them as barn cats.

But my fave was a kitty called DumDum...he had 7 on his front..it looked like two complete paws at the bottom of his front legs, and they each had retractable claws. He was the coolest kitty.

We had one we called "Toad". Toad was toed.

I dont think people should have lots of cats like that its not fair on them a cat needs quite a lot of attention you couldnt give enough attention to that many cats, maybe 3 or 4 should be the limit

Hemingway would seem to disagree with you....:lol:

Ernest-Hemingway.jpg

I thought I post this quote from Hem.
That he was one of the most macho devoted cat lovers...there is no doubt :D

“A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.”

Love cats ! I have several (all spayed/nuetered) There are over 10,00 cats euthanized DAILY,over 4 MILLION a year.Please be responsible and spay/nueter your pets.

Love cats ! I have several (all spayed/nuetered) There are over 10,00 cats euthanized DAILY,over 4 MILLION a year.Please be responsible and spay/nueter your pets.

Sure. :)

But we are only talking here about Ernest Hemingway's six toed cats. :)

And when models and beautiful people were drawn to Hem ... as you know a bright mind is an afrodisiac ...LOL... he was ok with that.... he never bothered too much ... he didn't give a fig... very casual and all that ...but one thing ... gotta love my cats ... gotta love them.

here with model of the day...back then 1950s

hemingway-4.jpg

Forum List

Back