Six Straight years of GOP Power. Let's list their accomplishments:

The OP perfectly illustrates the difference between Republicans and Democrats. Democrats want government to solve all of their problems for them. They are always looking for a new handout, grant, or department, ostensibly to "help" the poor, the fat, the old, and the stupid.

They are so dependent upon government solutions, that if they get a boil on their ass they bemoan the fact that there is no Federal "ass boil removal" department to help them, and of course, the rest of the nation's poor, fat, old and stupid slobs (most of whom faithfully pull the "D" lever in the ballot box).

They haven't figured out that the government is not their "mommy". Too bad for them.

What did the Republicans accomplish during 6 years of power ?? They stayed the hell out of my life, allowed me to keep and invest more of my hard earned money, and they kept the country safe.

In wingnut world, the repubicans:

a) allowed him to keep more of his money by racking up record shattering debt. Wingnuts don't care if their grandkids get stuck with the bill, as long as they get to keep some money

b) stayed the hell out his life by reading his mail and listening to his phone calls, indebting him with programs like Medicare D, and sending thousands of americans off to die in a needless invasion

c) kept the country safe by allowing terrorists to attack us with planes and anthrax

Honest question... What the fuck is the point of this thread?

Republicans sucked...

Now Dems Suck...

Reps are not in power....

Dems are in power and have been for 4 years...

Why... is... there... a .... thread... about.... Bush and his Republican congres?

You win, Busha nd his republican congress sucked ass...

Bush witha Dem congress sucked ass...

Now we are At Obama with a Dem congress and well... they suck ass...

I can honestly not figure out why the internet needed another worthless thread added to it.

The thread is so shitty even Truthmatters came out for it.

And another wingnut with another reason why it was OK for the repukes to FAIL!!!:cuckoo:

I realize this is the internet and because of that people asume a lot about others. You have no proof I am a wingnut.

Can you show me where I gave a "reason why it was ok for republicans to fail?"

I dare you to show me where I said that...

My question was what is the point of the thread as it is not news to anyone. Bush had a approval rating of like 22%-30% by the end... Bush still had some Dems and independants that supported him *because* of the war, meaning that 22-30% could not even cover a majority of his Republican base... Conservatives or Republicans, however you want to title it, neither supported or approved of Bush. So again, what the fuck is the point of the thread being it was not even news 4 years ago?

Poll: Bush's popularity hits new low - CNN

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/custom/2006/02/02/CU2006020201345.html

Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent - CBS News 22%

Republicans sucked...

Now Dems Suck...

Why... is... there... a .... thread... about.... Bush and his Republican congres?

I can honestly not figure out why the internet needed another worthless thread added to it.

Democrats have NOT been in power for 4 years. Bush was president for 2 of those 4 years and the senate was split 49 to 49 with two independents. With one of those independents being Joe Lieberman, who endorsed John McCain for president.

Democrats, a coalition party, have been doing as well as they could against the "90% white and voting in lockstep" Republican Party voting against them and obstructing and lying every way they could. Comparing the two parties is just another lie.

The Dems took over congress and did not even try and oppose Bush. The Dems gave Bush whatever he wanted... Shit Dems voted for the fucking wars and Medicare part D, so what would it matter if they had a majority or not?

It's been 2 years and yet I much as I put the simple list up it's never argued against...

If Dems are so awesome and Bush was so evil, why with Obama and a super majority have Dems not even tried to change....

Iraq - Stayed, still there

Afghanistan - Expanded

Illegal immigration - They take the same position as Bush and Reps, be the party to pass amnesty to gain Latino votes.

Guantanamo - Still open

Torture - still going on

Secret prisons - still out there

Obamacare - Bush did Medicare part D

Homeland security - Obama/Dems expands

Bail outs - like Bush, Done

Stimulus - like Bush, done...

Obama likes to say "people expected change overnight..." Well Mr. President, it's been over 700 night for you and over 1,000 nights to do that change for congress...

BTW Rdean, why do you have to bring race into it? Oh that's right... You're a chubby racist, I almost forgot... wait, no I didn't.

Weird how you are known as outright one of the most bigoted racist fools on these boards...

Republicans sucked...

Now Dems Suck...

And another wingnut with another reason why it was OK for the repukes to FAIL!!!:cuckoo:

I realize this is the internet and because of that people asume a lot about others. You have no proof I am a wingnut.

My question was what is the point of the thread as it is not news to anyone. Bush had a approval rating of like 22%-30% by the end... Bush still had some Dems and independants that supported him *because* of the war, meaning that 22-30% could not even cover a majority of his Republican base... Conservatives or Republicans, however you want to title it, neither supported or approved of Bush. So again, what the fuck is the point of the thread being it was not even news 4 years ago?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/custom/2006/02/02/CU2006020201345.html

If you're not a wingnut, then why haven't you noticed all the wingnuts trying to defend bush* by trying to change the topic instead of answering the question

Didn't you notice the complete absence of wingnuts admitting that bush* AND THE GOP were and are complete and miserable failures?

This thread is not just about bush*.

Can someone help me out here?

Republicans controlled both houses and the Presidency for six straight years. Even during the last two years of the Bush administration, the Senate was 49 to 49 with two independents.

First, what did Republicans accomplish during that time? With all that power and control?

Second, what is it they expect to accomplish now by controlling the house? Will it be to continue on the same course or will there be something different?

After the attack of 9/11 and the subsequent economic collapse, they righted the ship and avoided a long recession.

Big 0 in same situation?

They reversed their own rise of deficit and brought it down to about 1.15% of GDP.

Big 0 has it up past 10% of GDP and seemingly rising.

Unemployment was under 5%.

Big 0 keeps it between 9% and 10%.

They voted on and passed budgets, something the Dems have yet to do in any year.

Oh, yeah, and they avoided the temptation to pass a Trillion dollar price tage expansion of Federal intrusion into our lives.

Like the Big 0, they were unable to get out of Iraq, Afghanistan or Gitmo.

They didn't make as many empty promises nor blame their predecessor as much. Maybe if the Big 0 only made promises he could deliver on and quit trying to fix the blame and instead tried to fix the problems, we'd all be better off.

Republicans sucked...

Now Dems Suck...

Democrats have NOT been in power for 4 years. Bush was president for 2 of those 4 years and the senate was split 49 to 49 with two independents. With one of those independents being Joe Lieberman, who endorsed John McCain for president.

Democrats, a coalition party, have been doing as well as they could against the "90% white and voting in lockstep" Republican Party voting against them and obstructing and lying every way they could. Comparing the two parties is just another lie.

The Dems took over congress and did not even try and oppose Bush. The Dems gave Bush whatever he wanted... Shit Dems voted for the fucking wars and Medicare part D, so what would it matter if they had a majority or not?

It's been 2 years and yet I much as I put the simple list up it's never argued against...

If Dems are so awesome and Bush was so evil, why with Obama and a super majority have Dems not even tried to change....

Afghanistan - Expanded

Illegal immigration - They take the same position as Bush and Reps, be the party to pass amnesty to gain Latino votes.

Guantanamo - Still open

Torture - still going on

Obama likes to say "people expected change overnight..." Well Mr. President, it's been over 700 night for you and over 1,000 nights to do that change for congress...

Thats a total distortion. The dems successfully stymied bush*'s attempt to privatize SS, and very few dems voted for Medicare D, and only a minority voted for IWR

And when did the Dems have super majority????

wrt your questions

1) Iraq - maybe you haven't noticed, but Obama has been withdrawing troops from Iraq. I favor a complete withdrawal, but Obamas' Iraq position is not bush* position

2) Afghanistan - both dems and repubs support our efforts in Afghanistan. I don't, but I'm in the minority. Arguing that dems should oppose being in afghianistan simply because bush* was for it is silly

3) Illegal immigration - another distortion. The reps don't support "amnesty".

4) Guatanamo - bush*'s position was that Gitmo should remain open as long as needed. This is not Obama's position. Another distortion

5) Torture - Under bush*, the US has a policy of torturing prisoners. Under Obama, the US does not torture prisoners. It is a lie to say they are the same

6) Secret prisons have been a US policy for years.

7) Obamacare reduces the deficit and improves health coverage. Medicare D increased the budget and provided coverage that was less than what was being offered privately

8) Not sure what that means - HSA

9) Bailouts were opposed by the republicans. Why would a dem oppose a needed bailout?

10) Stimulus? Like bush*??? In what delusional universe?

If you're not a wingnut, then why haven't you noticed all the wingnuts trying to defend bush* by trying to change the topic instead of answering the question

Didn't you notice the complete absence of wingnuts admitting that bush* AND THE GOP were and are complete and miserable failures?

My understanding of the thread is that the low life, bigoted racist known as Rdean started it... People see Rdean and know there is no answer that will make him happy as he is not looking for an answer.

There is simply no answer to the question the OP asked, it has no purpose at this point in time as it does not matter. It is widely known Bush and the Republicans failed, you know that whole fracture in the Republican party and TPM thing that happened? I even provided links showing Bush had lack of support from his base, do I need to provide links of the even lower (like 12% or something) approval rating of Bush’s congress? I also think the Dem congress has a worse approval rating than the Republican congress did, but I’m sure I’d get attacked for mentioning that…

Please don't waste a moment of my life trying to define the TPM as nothing more than a branch of the GOP... Just trying to cut you off ahead if time IF that is where you would try and go.

How about you tell me in what way is the question Rdean asked relevant today?

As I said, if the republicans of the past failed, and the Dems of today (and the past) failed what is the point of the thread? Is someone trying to say that the future Republican house will fail? Again, what's the fucking point being the Dem Senate/House and President have failed? If we play this game of Reps failed in the past so they are doomed to fail in the future, then being Dems fit the same Bill I'm left wondering who would be retarded enough to support the Dems, if they use that shit for logic... Who the fuck cares and what’s the point of the thread as we are fucked until a third party emerges being both the parties have failed...

My understanding of the thread is that the low life, bigoted racist known as Rdean started it... People see Rdean and know there is no answer that will make him happy as he is not looking for an answer.

There is simply no answer to the question the OP asked, it has no purpose at this point in time as it does not matter. It is widely known Bush and the Republicans failed, you know that whole fracture in the Republican party and TPM thing that happened? I even provided links showing Bush had lack of support from his base, do I need to provide links of the even lower (like 12% or something) approval rating of Bush’s congress? I also think the Dem congress has a worse approval rating than the Republican congress did, but I’m sure I’d get attacked for mentioning that…

Please don't waste a moment of my life trying to define the TPM as nothing more than a branch of the GOP... Just trying to cut you off ahead if time IF that is where you would try and go.

How about you tell me in what way is the question Rdean asked relevant today?

As I said, if the republicans of the past failed, and the Dems of today (and the past) failed what is the point of the thread? Is someone trying to say that the future Republican house will fail? Again, what's the fucking point being the Dem Senate/House and President have failed? If we play this game of Reps failed in the past so they are doomed to fail in the future, then being Dems fit the same Bill I'm left wondering who would be retarded enough to support the Dems, if they use that shit for logic... Who the fuck cares and what’s the point of the thread as we are fucked until a third party emerges being both the parties have failed...

Just as I suspected - You are a wingnut

You're so wrapped up in your wingnuttery that you think it's inappropriate to discuss a political partys' past performance on a board the focuses on political discussion :cuckoo:

You're just a wingnut who is annoyed because your rightwing leaders duped you into believing they were conservatives who would balance the budget.:lol::lol::lol:

Afghanistan - Expanded

Guantanamo - Still open

Torture - still going on

Thats a total distortion. The dems successfully stymied bush*'s attempt to privatize SS, and very few dems voted for Medicare D, and only a minority voted for IWR

wrt your questions

1) Iraq - maybe you haven't noticed, but Obama has been withdrawing troops from Iraq. I favor a complete withdrawal, but Obamas' Iraq position is not bush* position

2) Afghanistan - both dems and repubs support our efforts in Afghanistan. I don't, but I'm in the minority. Arguing that dems should oppose being in afghianistan simply because bush* was for it is silly

4) Guatanamo - bush*'s position was that Gitmo should remain open as long as needed. This is not Obama's position. Another distortion

5) Torture - Under bush*, the US has a policy of torturing prisoners. Under Obama, the US does not torture prisoners. It is a lie to say they are the same

7) Obamacare reduces the deficit and improves health coverage. Medicare D increased the budget and provided coverage that was less than what was being offered privately

9) Bailouts were opposed by the republicans. Why would a dem oppose a needed bailout?

Gitmo is a microcosm of the entire Republican position.

The generals say that keeping Gitmo open is terrible. That Gitmo is a great propaganda and recruiting tool for the terrorists. Only three terrorists were actually convicted by military tribunal and two of those were let go by the Bush administration.

And what did Republicans do? They said closing Gitmo would release terrorists onto the streets in American cities to do anything they want. The fuckers lie so much. Endlessly. Then they point fingers and say, "See, you couldn't get it done".

And when you ask a simple question, "What have you accomplished", they don't even bother trying to "make something up". They just say, "See, Democrats couldn't do any better".

The difference is, Democrats have the "problem" AND they have Republicans fighting them every step of the way. A double whammy.

Afghanistan - Expanded

Guantanamo - Still open

Torture - still going on

wrt your questions

1) Iraq - maybe you haven't noticed, but Obama has been withdrawing troops from Iraq. I favor a complete withdrawal, but Obama’s' Iraq position is not bush* position

First, Obama is only following Bush’s timeline on Iraq and I think Obama has left a lot more troops that what was set. The fact is we are still there, killing.

2-- Afghanistan - both dems and repubs support our efforts in Afghanistan. I don't, but I'm in the minority. Arguing that dems should oppose being in Afghanistan simply because bush* was for it is silly

I don’t support Afghanistan either, but once again Bush and Obama, Dem/Republican are doing the same thing, and that was my point…

Yes they do, it’s the people, independent/Democrat and Republican that don’t support it… Both parties wanted to pass it and would have if it didn’t mean absolute rejection to get votes later by their base… If both parties don’t pass amnesty fully than whatever party that supported it the most will take a very real chance of being destroyed and dissolved. It’s nothing more than a game that Reps/Dems are still trying to figure out how to play and not destroy their party. There is no other issue like illegal immigration as 70% of people are against it.

4) Guantanamo - bush*'s position was that Gitmo should remain open as long as needed.
This is not Obama's position. Another distortion

Regardless, it’s still open, where is the repeal Dems/Obama literally ran off during the elections?

Yes is does… Do Gitmo Abuses Still Continue? - ABC News google it…

Both sides support it, like I said they do…

No, it will not and does not. What we know is Obamacare has already made prices go up because companies look to the future… Also the “savings” was based on 10 years of taxes collected to pay for 7 yeas of Obamacare. I also understand that state taxes will have to go up significantly to pay for the rising costs of Medicare reimbursement as well as tens of millions more people being dumped into the system.

It means Democrats hated Homeland security being created under Bush but yet it being expanded under Obama is a non issue… Just like the wars and well, everything else I pointed out in this list.

And yet Republicans did bail outs… Just like the Dems did. And The bail outs were opposed by voted across party lines.

10) Stimulus? Like bush*??? In what delusional universe

Like Bush in that they Both believed they could dump money into the system and fix it. Obama’s stimulus was actually by far more costly and destructive than Bush’s bail out.
I would assume even you (if you supported the Obama stimulus) would say if we take the stimulus out America would slip into a depression… Proving that a year and a half later the stimulus has done nothing but “float” the economy and fix absolutely nothing. Of course I can point out in history, FDR, and tell you that all you will get is a vastly prolonged recession/depression… But that would only be my using history and fact.

Bush is more popular than Obama. I know you LibTurds gotta' just hate that! :lol:

Tell us ObamaBots, what will be Obamas' excuse for not running for a second term? Could be any bullshit reason really. What a fuckin' massive failure he's been. Maybe next time you'll look at a persons' qualifications rather than his skin color eh? Dipshits every one of you.

Oh and has our image in the world been restored yet like you all said it would? Of course not. :lol:

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say

Obama has a higher favorability than bush* does
Read it and weep libturd:
Dem survey shows George W. Bush more popular than Obama in vulnerable congressional districts | San Francisco Examiner

If you get down on your knees and beg, maybe "Shrub" Bush will come back and clean up the mess you Communists have done to our country.

I mean it, you need to humble yourself and beg for it.

they staved off peak oil by perhaps 5 years by invading Iraq... nevermind the 200,000+ civilians killed in the process, but whatevery.

1) Iraq - maybe you haven't noticed, but Obama has been withdrawing troops from Iraq. I favor a complete withdrawal, but Obama’s' Iraq position is not bush* position

First, Obama is only following Bush’s timeline on Iraq and I think Obama has left a lot more troops that what was set. The fact is we are still there, killing.

In other words, THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE. You were wrong

2-- Afghanistan - both dems and repubs support our efforts in Afghanistan. I don't, but I'm in the minority. Arguing that dems should oppose being in Afghanistan simply because bush* was for it is silly

I don’t support Afghanistan either, but once again Bush and Obama, Dem/Republican are doing the same thing, and that was my point…

You seem to be under the misimpression that Obama was elected to oppose everything bush* did, or that never agreeing with a bush* policy was something the dems wanted or campaigned on

Yes they do, it’s the people, independent/Democrat and Republican that don’t support it… Both parties wanted to pass it and would have if it didn’t mean absolute rejection to get votes later by their base… If both parties don’t pass amnesty fully than whatever party that supported it the most will take a very real chance of being destroyed and dissolved. It’s nothing more than a game that Reps/Dems are still trying to figure out how to play and not destroy their party. There is no other issue like illegal immigration as 70% of people are against it.

No, most elected repubs do not support amnesty.

4) Guantanamo - bush*'s position was that Gitmo should remain open as long as needed.

Regardless, it’s still open, where is the repeal Dems/Obama literally ran off during the elections?

IOW, I was right, and there was a change in policy. The least you could do is acknowledge that

I will repeat THE US HAS NO POLICY OF TORTURING PRISONERS. If prisoners are being abused, it not on the orders of the White House. That's a change. You said there was no change. You were wrong.

Umm no. You said more than "both sides support it" Your entire argument is based on the idea that Obama hasn't changed bush* policies. Secret prisons were never a "bush* policy" to begin with.

No, it will not and does not. What we know is Obamacare has already made prices go up because companies look to the future… Also the “savings” was based on 10 years of taxes collected to pay for 7 yeas of Obamacare. I also understand that state taxes will have to go up significantly to pay for the rising costs of Medicare reimbursement as well as tens of millions more people being dumped into the system.

Until now I was suspicious of your sincerity. Now you leave no doubt. You are certainly dishonest

HCR reduces the budget deficit by billions over the next ten years and does nothing to make prices go up. Proof that your lying is your use of quote marks around savings, as if the budget deficit will not decrease because of HCR, when you know the facts

And HCR increases the Medicare reimbursement rate.

It means Democrats hated Homeland security being created under Bush but yet it being expanded under Obama is a non issue… Just like the wars and well, everything else I pointed out in this list.

Another lie.Democrats supported the formation of a HSA. It was one of the 9/11 commissions recommendations. bush opposed it at first. Dems oposed the bill the repukes pushed for because Democrats wanted HSA and TSA emnployees to be covered under a union. It was the dems who came with the idea for an HSA

And yet Republicans did bail outs… Just like the Dems did. And The bail outs were opposed by voted across party lines.

Umm, they did? I thought it was the dems who passed the bailouts

Like Bush in that they Both believed they could dump money into the system and fix it. Obama’s stimulus was actually by far more costly and destructive than Bush’s bail out.
I would assume even you (if you supported the Obama stimulus) would say if we take the stimulus out America would slip into a depression… Proving that a year and a half later the stimulus has done nothing but “float” the economy and fix absolutely nothing. Of course I can point out in history, FDR, and tell you that all you will get is a vastly prolonged recession/depression… But that would only be my using history and fact.
[/QUOTE]

Changing your tune? You said that bush* passed a stimulus. Now you're just making stuff up about what bush and obama said. Neither said "dump money in the system and fix it"

And after wondering why the OP wants to review the accomplishments from the last 8 years, now you want to talk about FDRs' record???

You're a joke.

Last edited:
Huh, even Wikipedia proves your failure about 6 uninterrupted years of GOP control of congress after 2001.

In the senate

January 3 – 20, 2001 :Tom Daschle (D)
January 20 – June 6, 2001 : Trent Lott (R)
June 6, 2001 -- 2003 : Tom Daschle (D)
2003 – 2007 : Bill Frist (R)
2007 - Present : Harry Reid (D)

In the House

1999 - 2007 : Denny Hastert (R)
2007- Present : Nancy Pelosi (D)

So I'm hardly seeing a six year stretch of total GOP power. Oh sure they held the house for 8 really, but it is amazing at how little was done with a friggen elitist republican in power.

Pop went hairnet's theory... yet again.

You seem to be under the misimpression that Obama was elected to oppose everything bush* did, or that never agreeing with a bush* policy was something the dems wanted or campaigned on

IOW, I was right, and there was a change in policy. The least you could do is acknowledge that

I will repeat THE US HAS NO POLICY OF TORTURING PRISONERS. If prisoners are being abused, it not on the orders of the White House. That's a change. You said there was no change. You were wrong.

Umm no. You said more than "both sides support it" Your entire argument is based on the idea that Obama hasn't changed bush* policies. Secret prisons were never a "bush* policy" to begin with.

Until now I was suspicious of your sincerity. Now you leave no doubt. You are certainly dishonest

HCR reduces the budget deficit by billions over the next ten years and does nothing to make prices go up. Proof that your lying is your use of quote marks around savings, as if the budget deficit will not decrease because of HCR, when you know the facts

Another lie.Democrats supported the formation of a HSA. It was one of the 9/11 commissions recommendations. bush opposed it at first. Dems oposed the bill the repukes pushed for because Democrats wanted HSA and TSA emnployees to be covered under a union. It was the dems who came with the idea for an HSA

Changing your tune? You said that bush* passed a stimulus. Now you're just making stuff up about what bush and obama said. Neither said "dump money in the system and fix it"

And after wondering why the OP wants to review the accomplishments from the last 8 years, now you want to talk about FDRs' record???

You're a joke.
[/QUOTE]

You are so fucking stupid and full of hate all I can say is plz go fuck yourself. Another worthless liberal hack you seem to be…

You're a joke.

You are so fucking stupid and full of hate all I can say is plz go fuck yourself. Another worthless liberal hack you seem to be…[/QUOTE]

Another wingnut gets caught in lies, and is rendered incapable of backing up his wingnut claims

I accept your surrender :lol:

Can someone help me out here?

Republicans controlled both houses and the Presidency for six straight years. Even during the last two years of the Bush administration, the Senate was 49 to 49 with two independents.

First, what did Republicans accomplish during that time? With all that power and control?

Second, what is it they expect to accomplish now by controlling the house? Will it be to continue on the same course or will there be something different?

1. Abortion illegal

2. Flag Amendment

3. Marriage Amendment

4. Out of UN

5. OBL captured

6. Smaller government

Huh, even Wikipedia proves your failure about 6 uninterrupted years of GOP control of congress after 2001.

In the senate

January 3 – 20, 2001 :Tom Daschle (D)
January 20 – June 6, 2001 : Trent Lott (R)
June 6, 2001 -- 2003 : Tom Daschle (D)
2003 – 2007 : Bill Frist (R)
2007 - Present : Harry Reid (D)

In the House

1999 - 2007 : Denny Hastert (R)
2007- Present : Nancy Pelosi (D)

So I'm hardly seeing a six year stretch of total GOP power. Oh sure they held the house for 8 really, but it is amazing at how little was done with a friggen elitist republican in power.

Pop went hairnet's theory... yet again.

And those (R's) that were in that stretch payed the price...it isn't like we didn't try to warn them or anything. W? Disappointing on the Domestic Front and his 'Compassionate Conservatism' [Getting along with Statist Democrats] bit him hard. Shame. Had he shown as much zeal domestically [Finding the VETO Pen], as he was going after our attackers?

Who knows? But then I write from 20/20 hindsight...and lesson learned. Big question remains as to if those [R's] that retained their seats, and those newbies know what the mandate is? The Blue-Blood Elite R's had better pay heed.

I thought it was pretty clear. Let us hope they beat thier probationary period and finally excell and find themselves worthy to be re elected under the Conservative banner...

We will be there to remind them. The Survival of this Republic or bust.

You're a joke.

You are so fucking stupid and full of hate all I can say is plz go fuck yourself. Another worthless liberal hack you seem to be…

Another wingnut gets caught in lies, and is rendered incapable of backing up his wingnut claims

I accept your surrender :lol:[/QUOTE]

The only thing you proved is you didn't approve when Reps did it but when Dems do it you're 100% on board. You're a useless hack.

Forum List

Back