Six More Cops Indicted in Danziger Bridge Shooting

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Six more cops indicted in Danziger Bridge shootings, cover-up | NOLA.com

Published: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 11:50 AM Updated: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 2:28 PM
The Times-Picayune The Times-Picayune

Six current or former New Orleans police officers are the latest to be indicted in the sprawling civil rights investigation into shootings on the Danziger Bridge and a subsequent conspiracy to cover up what happened. Two people died and four were injured in the tragic incident that happened in the chaotic days following Hurricane Katrina.
<more>

If the story is that these 6 cops went on a killing spree just for the hell of it, im not buying it. Im sorry, but only a comeplete fucking retard would beleive a scenario like that. If killing black people was their agenda, then there would be MANY people dead.

The most likely scenario is these cops were fired on, so they fired back. Its possible they hit the wrong person or whatever, but to suggest they just started randomly shooting people is stupid.

2 of the 6 were supervisors. 2 of the 4 accused of being the shooters are black, thank Yaweh.
Otherwise it would turn into a race-riot, where more people could get injured or killed.

Last edited:
If the story is that these 6 cops went on a killing spree just for the hell of it, im not buying it. Im sorry, but only a comeplete fucking retard would beleive a scenario like that. If killing black people was their agenda, then there would be MANY people dead.

The most likely scenario is these cops were fired on, so they fired back. Its possible they hit the wrong person or whatever, but to suggest they just started randomly shooting people is stupid.

I agree with your post. I was living down there during that mess and it's true police had to protect themselves from these people who turned savage and violent. I mean they even shot at National Guard Blackhawks trying to deliver water and food so I think if the cops did shoot these guys it was justified. African Americans became primal.

Last edited:

I agree with your post. I was living down there during that mess and it's true police had to protect themselves from these people who turned savage and violent. I mean they even shot at National Guard Blackhawks trying to deliver water and food so I think if the cops did shoot these guys it was justified. African Americans became primal.

Bullshit. Stupid, racist crap. I guess it was justified when your pig friends were taking guns too huh?

Filthy pigs. Business as usual.

Sounds like you dont like police. Well i guess i dont have a choice, but to ignore anything you have to say about the matter since you are biased. If you cant be objective, then anything you say cant be believed. In other words, you have no credibility.

Sounds like you dont like police. Well i guess i dont have a choice, but to ignore anything you have to say about the matter since you are biased. If you cant be objective, then anything you say cant be believed. In other words, you have no credibility.

Idiot, until you see someone gunned down by a cop for no reason you don't know the meaning of credibility. And anyone, like myself, who actually LIVED IN NOLA knows what a bunch of corrupt buffoons they are. The fact that you people are defending their constitution shredding, murdering actions is a testament to the fact that you don't even think like true americans. So run along now.

After reading the article, it seems that the story is that these 6 officers engaged in an attempt to cover up what happened on the bridge.

They were not fired upon. They acted recklessly and killed a mentally retarded man by shooting him in the back and then stomping him.

Why the cops did what they did is anyone's guess. I am hopeful that the truth will come out in court.

Where is ST these days?

You are a fucking joke. I have my doubts that you served in the Army. If you did, you must have had hell to pay to hide your racism for 20 years.

You know.....

This event happened five years ago. It's not breaking news. There are an abundance of sources and articles for you to read up on, to include the conviction of two senior NOPD officers by the DOJ for obstruction of justice (for planting a weapon and framing people for the shooting the cops did).

You don't have to sit here and speculate.

I mean they even shot at National Guard Blackhawks trying to deliver water and food so I think if the cops did shoot these guys it was justified. African Americans became primal.

Racist.

Indeed, this a great example of a truly racist post as compared to others. The author slips a little here and assumes black people are inately subhuman but fails to put into proper context the economic disenfranchisment over generations that has kept them down and prone to criminal acts. This, however, cannot be an excuse for them to commit crime will nilly anymore than the next person. Such sentiment reminds me of the planet of the apes with the roles reversed. The fact is we are all modern humans with a caveman instinct and pushed hard enough we'd bash skulls in and steal shit if we had to.

I haven't read all the articles on this so please correct me if I'm wrong. But weren't the cops ordered to NOT let anyone cross that bridge?

I haven't read all the articles on this so please correct me if I'm wrong. But weren't the cops ordered to NOT let anyone cross that bridge?

No. The cops were responding to a dispatch of shots from the Danziger Bridge. They didn't know what the situation was on the bridge when they responded.

The incident you are thinking about is the Gretna Police Department blocking the Crescent City Connection.

PH2007010400260.jpg

^This is why it hasn't been a Daily Story and a National Outrage...

Had all of the Cops been White... :doubt:

Well, it's a Special kind of Murder when it's just White Cops.

:)

peace...

You didn't bother to follow the link to see what the story is?

The charge is that the cops opened fire on people, thinking they were being fired upon.

After discovering their mistake, (that they weren't fired upon) they started cleaning up the problem by shooting witnesses.

Don't know if its true, but that's the state's story.

Forum List

Back