Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History

Interesting link, I noticed the ad for Grover Norquist. For those who are unfamiliar with Mr. Norquist I'll link his bio.
Grover Norquist - SourceWatch

My god its ...its sourcewatch!!!!!

any comments on the op or is this it?

Yep, I support allowing the bush tax cuts to expire. The Congress then must provide targeted tax cuts for real job creation (and knock of the bull shit that everyone who earns over $X creates jobs); provide a temporary sur tax added to the Federal Income tax to pay down the debt and that a real effort to control spending be made - possibly giving the president the line item veto even if this requires a Constitutional Amendment.
I'd repeal or modify the War Powers Act so no future president can legally invade and occupy a foreign nation and lobby for real campaign financing laws to curtail the damage done by the USSC in Citizens United v. FEC.
I'd put the payroll taxes in a 'locked box' and expand the opportunity for investments in Roth IRA's, allowing parents to open one for their childeren at birth, expand healthcare to include a public option for preventaive healthcare and education and replace the dollar bill with a dollar coin.
I'd require every federal agency but for law enforcement and the military to replace their fleet with electric and or hybrid vehicles, require all federal buildings to have solar roofing where practicle and begin the process of building nuclear power plants using the new generation developed in Europe.

Last edited:
If the Republicans are so concerned about the expiry of the Bush tax cuts (or the delay/hastert tax cuts for divecon) why didn't they make them permanent when they controled everything?

Edit - I see Care has articulated this better than I did.

Last edited:
It's sad that the new right never offers ideas or solutions beyond "cut taxes, cut spending". Bleating the propaganda of their herders and personal attacks is all they ever 'contribute'.

10% across the board . And not the old 'cut the increase' dodge, negative dollar funding from their present baseline.

Another simple solution. So, you tell General Patraeus to cut his salary, the salary of his general staff and his general staff and the army by 10%. Then, tell Admiral Mullen to cut one member of the Joint Chiefs and the staff and all salaries 10%.
Tell the several states that all revenue sharing will be cut 10%, forthwith; and give pink slips to 10% of all federal employees.
Cut the size of the House of Rep. by 10% (I nominated Boehner and Bachman as the first two to be sent home). Oh, btw, this will require an amendment to the Constitution.
Now, what will happen when those federal employees stop paying their bills? Hw many more homes will be foreclosed? How many banks and S&L's will fail and how many private sector jobs will disappear?
I find it so hard to believe so many who post on this MB are as stupid as their posts suggest. Fucking incredible.

you're all over the place dude. thats not the way it works, there is no line item veto or apportionment power in this context.

Each dept. and or entity takes the cut, how they enact it and what they cut is up to them.

reading comprehension problem Trajan? Shall I repost and type more slowly?

Forum List

Back