Six Degrees Game

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
Lets try something...Somebody name somebody famous, and lets see if one of the users here has a connection to that person.

For instance -

C.C. Sabathia - Picture for Cleveland Indians.

The BestMan in my wedding, Jerrod, has a little brother named Dave who pitches for the Indians...thus, I am only 3 people removed from C.C. - Therefore, all of you are only FOUR ppl away from him.

Can anyone link me to Alyssa Milano? :)

How about Howard Cosell? Do you think he was a jerk? I know he came off that way
many times on the tube. I had the pleasure of talking with him alone for about 30 minutes.
Let me tell ya....He was one of the nicest people you'd ever want to
meet.

My son was on tour with a band. Met different musicians. Some were nice, some were not. Some of the guys' managers/promoters were nicer.
He just met J. Satriani. The place he gives lessons was doing a clinic. Talked to him for a while. REALLY liked him; nice guy.

Musicman is a GREAT musician in his own right. But he is also brother/uncle in a famous family. But, I won't reveal which one. Not ashamed. But when people find out they want 'favors', like autographs & introductions, and to 'be our friend'. We like it when people like us, not the name.

Thank you Z, for taking the time to explain the joke. As I said, if I paid more attention to Kerry, I'd have understood. Kerry is a waste of time. I still should have been aware. Thanks for not rolling on the floor.

Joz said:
Thank you Z, for taking the time to explain the joke. As I said, if I paid more attention to Kerry, I'd have understood. Kerry is a waste of time. I still should have been aware. Thanks for not rolling on the floor.

Care to elaborate?

Said1 said:
Care to elaborate?

The explanation or the rolling on the floor? :D
Z said that when Kerry appeared before the Senate Arms Committee in '72, he made a reference to the troops & 'reminscience of jenjis kahn'.
Assumption is he meant Genghis Kahn.

Joz said:
The explanation or the rolling on the floor? :D
Z said that when Kerry appeared before the Senate Arms Committee in '72, he made a reference to the troops & 'reminscience of jenjis kahn'.
Assumption is he meant Genghis Kahn.

Thanks. :thup:

-=d=- said:
Lets try something...Somebody name somebody famous, and lets see if one of the users here has a connection to that person.

For instance -

C.C. Sabathia - Picture for Cleveland Indians.

The BestMan in my wedding, Jerrod, has a little brother named Dave who pitches for the Indians...thus, I am only 3 people removed from C.C. - Therefore, all of you are only FOUR ppl away from him.

Can anyone link me to Alyssa Milano? :)

My mother interviewed her. You're only 2 people away....did I just get laid?

Here is another idea.....

Name a celebrity and THEN tie yourself to that celebrity through "connections".

Naked, you can't play. You know too many famous people!

freeandfun1 said:
Here is another idea.....

Name a celebrity and THEN tie yourself to that celebrity through "connections".

Naked, you can't play. You know too many famous people!

That's the same idea I was going for.

:)

Celebrity - Rudy Guiliani.

My highschool friend pitches for Cleveland.

Cleveland played the Yankees at Yankee Staduim.

My friend knows a few of the Yankee Pitchers.

Rudy Met with yankee players after the game.

that's how it'd work. :)

Can anybody get to within 4 degrees of:

John Kerry

George Bush

Arnold

Reagan

Carter

Tommy Franks

The fewer degrees away, the more impressive/valuable the connection.

www.linkedIn.com is a cool site for creating professional networks. I was four degrees away from somebody I needed to get to so I contacted my connection, he contacted his, so on and so on and the guy actually replied to my request for contact. This networking stuff is kinda cool. You would be surprised at how close you are to people via a network without ever realizing it.

freeandfun1 said:
Can anybody get to within 4 degrees of:

John Kerry

George Bush

Arnold

Reagan

Carter

Tommy Franks

The fewer degrees away, the more impressive/valuable the connection.

www.linkedIn.com is a cool site for creating professional networks. I was four degrees away from somebody I needed to get to so I contacted my connection, he contacted his, so on and so on and the guy actually replied to my request for contact. This networking stuff is kinda cool. You would be surprised at how close you are to people via a network without ever realizing it.

I ate lunch with Bush on Fort Carson, I also met Rum. about a month prior to that.
Want pics???

Forum List

Back