Site's First Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
America is full of all kinds of people ... So is this site and I am secure enough with myself and what I believe I would like to keep it that way. We don't have the need to throw someone out the door because we don't like what someone says or how they say it ... Leave the Nanny State to people who cannot take care of themselves.

Disagreements are to be expected and encouraged. That's not what I'm talking about. There are users here who're wastes of skin. Not even the ones who don't like my threads either, they're annoying but useful. I'm talking irredeemably bad people.

save liberty and black sand have it right.

Delta, what you do post is disturbing to many folks, and they are not going to give you a "just once more" to discuss the merits and to see if they agree with you. They don't, they won't

Last edited:
Disagreements are to be expected and encouraged. That's not what I'm talking about. There are users here who're wastes of skin. Not even the ones who don't like my threads either, they're annoying but useful. I'm talking irredeemably bad people.

It's a free country and an open site ... You don't get to decide who is bad.

I understand your point and it has merit ... But it only has merit with the mamby-pamby CareBear type of people who feel the need to police everything into split pea soup. Take the good with the bad ... Find a little humor in the ignorance ... And roll with it.

save liberty and black sand have it right.

Delta, what you do post is distributing to many folks, and they are not going to give you a "just once more" to discuss the merits and to see if they agree with you. They don't, they won't

It's disturbing because those people who're disturbed by it are still suffering under the current paradigm of sexuality. That is, it's sacred, only for marrieds, yadda yadda. If I wanted the paradigm to continue I wouldn't write about it. I want the current paradigm ended because it's only causing us all harm increasing sex crime, promoting ignorance and spreading disease, leading to abortions because of unwanted pregnancies since apparently people don't even know how babies come about. We need to mature culturally and that never happens easily.

Not getting to call people racist epithets is a loss I'm willing to endure. :) But that's not the problem. It's what doesn't happen to the posters of that sort of garbage. Shouldn't even be here. And if all the negative vibes go away and the site's less fun then what amuses people is perhaps the wrong things. If a discussion site can't have productive discussions because trolls run amok and make polite conversation impossible for fear of being attacked then it's not much of a discussion site.

I disagree. It should be a place with a free exchange of ideas, whether you like or agree with those ideas or not.

Very little exchanging of ideas though. OP gets posted then it's variations of either "I agree" or "I hate this." After a while, to avoid drawing troll fire people who might be interesetd in the subject of the OP refrain from posting. That's where we're at right now. No one discusses much of anything unless in one of the frivolous sorta threads about pets and such :)

Ooohhh, I see. You're upset about how people treat you in the threads you start. Well, you must understand that the subject matter is quite disturbing to many people, and that is why they react to you in such a way, including myself.

I expect and don't mind that. What's annoying though is instead of trying to discuss those threads people instead act like little kids taunting and jeering instead of debating. That's trolling, not offering a reasoned response. Besides, all my threads are backed by academic sources like PhDs. Your disagreements on the other hand coulda come from a special ed elementary class.

breaking the rules in his own thread about "first announcements"

:lol:

Since most disagree with your ideas to the point they won't consider them worthwhile discussing objectively, then expect the same to continue.

since most disagree with your claim that you are a republican, to the point they won't consider your claim worthwhile, then expect the same to continue JakeStarkey

On a side note, I still have a boat load of Halloween candy left. Too bad you guys aren't closer...

...some of you clearly need a treat.

It's disturbing because those people who're disturbed by it are still suffering under the current paradigm of sexuality. That is, it's sacred, only for marrieds, yadda yadda. If I wanted the paradigm to continue I wouldn't write about it. I want the current paradigm ended because it's only causing us all harm increasing sex crime, promoting ignorance and spreading disease, leading to abortions because of unwanted pregnancies since apparently people don't even know how babies come about. We need to mature culturally and that never happens easily.

Uh......no. Just no.

It is the obsessive quality of the themes you introduce, especially in regards to children.

Just because you don't want to be a criminal, doesn't mean you get to change society to make yourself legal.

I don't really believe his claims about the causes of irresponsible sex anyways. I think irresponsible sex is because some people are just irresponsible people in general. It doesn't matter what they know or what you teach some people. They will just continue to behave irresponsibility no matter what until they decide to change, if that ever even happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back