Site Posting Slowdown Again?

It would be nice if the admins/moderators would post an explanation. This slowdown has been going on for weeks.

The site performance is abysmal today.

Please throw the hamsters a few more peanuts.

giphy.gif

Something near the top of the queue is hanging up. I disabled images and it speed mine up quite a bit, though still slow on some of the forums and threads. That's why I suspect some bandwidth choking trying to load some big image files from some crappy site or multiple sites, or it may just be their backup software is crapping out or something.

Since you're tuned in -- one of the problems occurs during indexing maintenance. Sometimes imaging and vid links to slow sites slow down the scheduled maintenance. WHY these auto-timed functions go off at all hours of the day --- I have NO idea.. Maybe because we're on servers in Bangladesh and Abu Dhabi... :ack-1:

Is the site using throttling on certain users?

No.. Not unless all the Mod Staff has been naughty as well. We're not using "discouraged user" slowdowns much at all since about last Fall anyways..

Waking up the "brain trust" in the IT room to ask for an update and situation report. Stay tuned. Have faith in duct tape and keep your flotation devices securely fastened...

Good news is -- that new server that folks have been donating to is purchased and will be installed and loaded in the next 3 or 4 days.. Hope to inform everyone of any expected outages or slowdowns.

Guess we needed a few more hamsters.... And THANKS to those who helped get us there..

Yes, thank you!!! And it seems it may have been rebooted as it is running good right now.

Is the site using throttling on certain users?

No.. Not unless all the Mod Staff has been naughty as well. We're not using "discouraged user" slowdowns much at all since about last Fall anyways..

Waking up the "brain trust" in the IT room to ask for an update and situation report. Stay tuned. Have faith in duct tape and keep your flotation devices securely fastened...
upload_2019-1-26_10-57-9.jpeg

Perhaps someone here would be willing to donate their chewing gum collection if that will help.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:
Good news is -- that new server that folks have been donating to is purchased and will be installed and loaded in the next 3 or 4 days.. Hope to inform everyone of any expected outages or slowdowns.

Guess we needed a few more hamsters.... And THANKS to those who helped get us there..
Tell administrators thank you! It is running great on the new server and was done so quickly. Thank you!

Forum List

Back