Site Posting Slowdown Again?

I haven't..................... noticed.............. anything........... different...............

Just got kind caked out, after page had to reload due to a problem. Had to sign back in.
Are we sure they haven’t put some of us on a slow down? :1peleas: :11_2_1043::04:

I have noticed it is slower when you select the various fileds. Takes a while to start the loading

-Geaux

images

DAMN TURTLES!!!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Yes, it is slow; try the block images feature; it speeds up considerably. Usually it's related to illiterate morons posting bandwidth sucking images linked to crappy ass photoshops , gifs, youtube type videos, etc. that are on slow crappy sites which in turn slow this place down reaching a critical mass and choking it.

Yes, it is slow; try the block images feature; it speeds up considerably. Usually it's related to illiterate morons posting bandwidth sucking images linked to crappy ass photoshops , gifs, youtube type videos, etc. that are on slow crappy sites which in turn slow this place down reaching a critical mass and choking it.
Where does one select that option?

Jo

Where does one select that option?

Jo

I use Firefox, and it has an add on called 'Easy Image Blocker'. The older versions had a box you could check that was easy, but the newer versions don't, so you have to do pain-in-the -ass config stuff. The add on is much easier to use.

How to Disable Images in Firefox

IE also has the features, but I haven't used it in years so don't where they put those options now. Every browser should have the feature.

Something near the top of the queue is hanging up. I disabled images and it speed mine up quite a bit, though still slow on some of the forums and threads. That's why I suspect some bandwidth choking trying to load some big image files from some crappy site or multiple sites, or it may just be their backup software is crapping out or something.

Forum List

Back