Site maintenance in 2 hours

Site will be offline here in about 10 minutes.

If you are reading this you are on the new site. There is a search rebuild process ongoing and that will take some hours. Search will be put back online once it is complete.

It seems a lil snappier, actually. I'd like to know what CPUs will run in that server board. :cheers2:

IME, Clock speed is everything.

The search rebuild has been completed and is enabled again. Let me know if you find anything broken by posting in this thread.

It seems a lil snappier, actually. I'd like to know what CPUs will run in that server board. :cheers2:

imo

It's not everything, but it's important.

Processing power and clock speed is not what's holding us back at the moment.

It's the latency of the subsystems that keep the processing system time slices unused which is why we've turned to clustering of time slicing and paralleled the instruction sets.

imo

It's the latency of the subsystems that keep the processing system time slices unused which is why we've turned to clustering of time slicing and paralleled the instruction sets.

It does seem a little snappier. Bigger/faster CPUs wouldn't hurt, as long as the (mother)board can handle them.

imo

It does seem a little snappier. Bigger/faster CPUs wouldn't hurt, as long as the board can handle them.

I'll give it a few days and watch how it deals with the garbage functions.

1366 boards and CPU's were killer for large serving but they were expensive as hell and needed powerful cooling. With this board, it wouldn't hurt to maximize the cpu .. but if there was throttling in the processing system because the subsystem is overloaded, then it's a waste of $$$, again imo.

You mentioned the drive system and let's face it, that's where the latency issues will prevail. I've been running ssd's since my first 30G Raid 0 ssd setup.

Let's face it, the 1366 was and is still one of the best at high processing factors along the entire system.

I could run Premier in real time while shooting video and edit it in real time with the 1366 I owned.

imo

It does seem a little snappier. Bigger/faster CPUs wouldn't hurt, as long as the board can handle them.

1366 boards and CPU's were killer for large serving but they were expensive as hell and needed powerful cooling. With this board, it wouldn't hurt to maximize the cpu .. but if there was throttling in the processing system because the subsystem is overloaded, then it's a waste of $$$, again imo.

You mentioned the drive system and let's face it, that's where the latency issues will prevail. I've been running ssd's since my first 30G Raid 0 ssd setup.

Let's face it, the 1366 was and is still one of the best at high processing factors along the entire system.

I could run Premier in real time while shooting video and edit it in real time with the 1366 I owned.

I'll add that the newer crap is not as reliable and sturdy as 1366 is/was. Especially the v3 stuff, prone to RAM death and sudden death for no reason whatsoever.

The next most reliable "modern" platform is Sandy/Ivy Bridge.

imo

I'll add that the newer crap is not as reliable and sturdy as 1366 is/was. Especially the v3 stuff, prone to RAM death and sudden death for no reason whatsoever.

The next most reliable "modern" platform is Sandy/Ivy Bridge.

imo

We're treading water at the moment.

When we transition to crystal structure storage (5D) then we will have enough of a low latency stream to move to holographic output.

We already have the computational power.

I'm running a 2500K at 4.6G with a closed loop.

It's pretty fast for all I use it for but if I attempt to do the Premier testing I did on the 1366 in the same way. Editing realtime raw video data and viewing the edit in real time?

I'd stall this mofo and it would be like playing 3D games on an S-3 ViRGE (Affectionately known as a 3D decelerator).

Maybe admin wants a RAID card?
Remember how the site was highly stuttering a few times a day? How the searches would hang?

I'll wait and watch to see how that works. That's the important factor, imo.

Forum List

Back