Sit Down

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
From the book I"m currently reading:

"Jesse Williams, when he received a Humanitarian Award from BET, addressed police misconduct, stating that “police somehow manage to deescalate, disarm and not kill white people every day.” I don’t want to hear about how far we’ve come when paid public servants can pull a drive-by on a 12 year old playing alone in the park in broad daylight, killing him on television and then going home to make a sandwich.”

He criticized white folk who criticize black social movements like BLM, saying that “if you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression. If you have no interest in equal rights for black people, then do not make suggestions for those who do. Sit down.”

I totally agree. Too many who criticize oppressed people's efforts to stand up for themselves were silent when they should have spoken up. Too many who criticize oppressed people's efforts to stand up for themselves speak only when they disagree with the methods chosen for resistance. Too many who criticize oppressed people's efforts to stand up for themselves watched silently for years as oppression persisted and their whiteness protected them from it.

shutterstock_141604777-300x182.jpg

Blacks are a neurotic mixed up bunch, condemn racism by whites and then turn around and despise and blame whites for everything in the poor black communities, and their anti white racism is acceptable. They are poor little victims of their own despair and hopelessness. Um, NO this is actually something blacks need to address. No amount of bashing whites and countering racism will fix that mentality.

Is this just me, or perhaps blacks need to look inward instead of this blame game? Blacks have been here way over 250 years, slavery ended almost 150 years ago. Any other group, say, Vietnamese, Irish or Italians got over their oppression and racial stuff years ago. But blacks have got this hedge now, it's their new found "Privilege" to claim racial oppression even though they can and should have transcended that long ago.

What is holding blacks back from not being angry hateful nasty jerks? Because, well, Racism? Might as well blame the polarity of the earths poles. If you don't want to be judged as a negative racial stereotype...DAMN, don't act like one. White people put on white hoodies and have confederate flags flying from their pick ups, well DAMN, stereotypes galore. I rarely see that. Instead, I see black kids with their underpants showing blaring loud rap music...that espouse homophobic, misogynistic, anti police sentiments. And they force it on you BOOM BOOM BOOM CHACKA BOOM BOOM. That's black culture for you. But it's RACISM for noticing.

What bothers me, is I don't think it is necessarily an issue of race. The media portrays it as such, yet all poor people are victims of the police state. When a black person is the victim, it makes the news. When a different ethnicity is the victim? It isn't news because it doesn't garner the ratings and outrage. Innocent poor folks are being gunned down every day, their rights are being violated, as are their pets and property.

I do think minorities, women and the disabled, just by their weaker status, tend to disproportionately bear the brunt of this unchecked corrupt power.

Folks need to go watch the movie Serpico to understand what the Police force is really like. It has only gotten worse.

. . . and let's face it, the Obama Administration and the Deep State didn't help matters, they probably only made things worse. They did this on purpose by giving folks a false sense of hope that things would change, no such attempt was made. In fact, during his rule, they have only become more draconian masters of the corporate police state.

The Police Are Still Out of Control

I should know.

By FRANK SERPICO
October 23, 2014
The Police Are Still Out of Control

"In the NYPD, it used to be you’d fire two shots and then you would assess the situation. You didn’t go off like a madman and empty your magazine and reload. Today it seems these police officers just empty their guns and automatic weapons without thinking, in acts of callousness or racism. They act like they’re in shooting galleries. Today’s uncontrolled firepower, combined with a lack of good training and adequate screening of police academy candidates, has led to a devastating drop in standards. The infamous case of Amadou Diallo in New York—who was shot 41 times in 1999 for no obvious reason—is more typical than you might think. The shooters, of course, were absolved of any wrongdoing, as they almost always are. All a policeman has to say is that “the suspect turned toward me menacingly,” and he does not have to worry about prosecution. In a 2010 case recorded on a police camera in Seattle, John Williams, a 50-year-old traditional carver of the Nuu-chah-nulth First Nations (tribes), was shot four times by police as he walked across the street with a pocketknife and a piece of cedar in his hands. He died at the scene. It’s like the Keystone Kops, but without being funny at all.

Many white Americans, indoctrinated by the ridiculous number of buddy-cop films and police-themed TV shows that Hollywood has cranked out over the decades—almost all of them portraying police as heroes—may be surprised by the continuing outbursts of anger, the protests in the street against the police that they see in inner-city environments like Ferguson. But they often don’t understand that these minority communities, in many cases, view the police as the enemy. We want to believe that cops are good guys, but let’s face it, any kid in the ghetto knows different. The poor and the disenfranchised in society don’t believe those movies; they see themselves as the victims, and they often are.

Law enforcement agencies need to eliminate those who use and abuse the power of the law as they see fit. As I said to the Knapp Commission 43 years ago, we must create an atmosphere where the crooked cop fears the honest cop, and not the other way around. An honest cop should be able to speak out against unjust or illegal behavior by fellow officers without fear of ridicule or reprisals. Those that speak out should be rewarded and respected by their superiors, not punished.

We’re not there yet."

<snip>

141023_serpico_dambrosio_3.jpg

Photo Still of Frank Serpico from Antonino D’Ambrosio's feature documentary film Frank Serpico: Only Actions Count. Courtesy of Antonino D'Ambrosio/Gigantic Pictures.

<snip>

"Over the years, politicians who wanted to make a difference didn’t. They were too beholden to the police unions and the police vote. I wrote a letter to President Bill Clinton in 1994 addressing this very issue, saying that honest cops have never been rewarded, and maybe there ought to be a medal for them. He wrote back, but nothing changed. In New York City, then-Mayor Michael Bloomberg professed that things were going to change, but in the end he went right along with his commissioner, Ray Kelly, who was allowed to do whatever he wanted. Kelly had been a sergeant when I was on the force, and he’d known about the corruption, as did Murphy.

As for Barack Obama and his attorney general, Eric Holder, they’re giving speeches now, after Ferguson. But it’s 20 years too late. It’s the same old problem of political power talking, and it doesn’t matter that both the president and his attorney general are African-American. Corruption is color blind. Money and power corrupt, and they are color blind too.

Only a few years ago, a cop who was in the same 81st Precinct I started in, Adrian Schoolcraft, was actually taken to a psych ward and handcuffed to a gurney for six days after he tried to complain about corruption – they wanted him to keep to a quota of summonses, and he wasn’t complying. No one would have believed him except he hid a tape recorder in his room, and recorded them making their demands. Now he’s like me, an outcast. . . . "

The problem isn't blacks, it isn't whites, it is the same endemic corruption in the system that caused the FBI and CIA to collude to spy on Trump's campaign. Politics over process.

Folks wanting to keep their place in society, even if it meant taking a pay off over enforcing what is right and obeying the law.

Conservatives know that race is a political loser for them; so they attempt to vilify black civil rights leaders and black civil rights organizations, falsely claiming that those leaders and organizations are ‘fomenting discord’ between and among the races, ‘playing the race card,’ acting as ‘race baiters,’ are working to ‘divide America,’ and other ridiculous nonsense and lies that couldn’t be further from the truth.

Conservatives know that race is a political loser for them; so they attempt to vilify black civil rights leaders and black civil rights organizations, falsely claiming that those leaders and organizations are ‘fomenting discord’ between and among the races, ‘playing the race card,’ acting as ‘race baiters,’ are working to ‘divide America,’ and other ridiculous nonsense and lies that couldn’t be further from the truth.

name all the white male "civil rights" organizations

"Jesse Williams, when he received a Humanitarian Award from BET, addressed police misconduct, stating that “police somehow manage to deescalate, disarm and not kill white people every day.”

Cry us a river. It happens both ways.

DO NOT post graphic images such as this one again.

Natural Citizen

Last edited by a moderator:
Whites are not responsible for black crime rates or low IQ. We are not gods.

Whites are responsible for lying about these things and creating a false stereotype. Where are all these "not all" people at when this kind of bullshit is posted.

"Jesse Williams, when he received a Humanitarian Award from BET, addressed police misconduct, stating that “police somehow manage to deescalate, disarm and not kill white people every day.”

Cry us a river. It happens both ways.

1606967_657564107634071_1059143545_n.jpg

Actually it doesn't. And so where are the stories that try making this guy some kind f criminal who deserved to de? Where is the declaration of if he just did as the cop told him claim? What about the accusing him of being a thug?

name all the white male "civil rights" organizations

You are truly dumb.

Aside from all the difficulties of establishing fair standards for human mental capacities, there is no real problem with humans that have marginal I.Q.s. The problem is humans with 'superior' intelligence preying on the others. Exploitation of fellow members of our race is a disease affecting everyone.

Forum List

Back