Sins of the fathers??

gop_jeff said:
I think the point is that homosexuals shouldn't be raising kids in the first place. I personally would rather the child be in a Christian school, so he/she can learn that homosexuality is not acceptable behavior in the eyes of God.
Neither is idolatry or, Judaism for that matter. Nobody who has denied Christ as their savior is technically behaving acceptably in the eyes of the Christian Church. Would you then say that Jews, Muslims, and Hindus shouldn't be raising kids either?

gop_jeff said:
I think the point is that homosexuals shouldn't be raising kids in the first place. I personally would rather the child be in a Christian school, so he/she can learn that homosexuality is not acceptable behavior in the eyes of God.
Did you mean to say Christian orphanage, because they are trying to send them to a Christian school?

MissileMan said:
Did you mean to say Christian orphanage, because they are trying to send them to a Christian school?

In my mind, I would most like to see the child with a married heterosexual couple.

Short of that, however, I'd want the child to be at a Christian school.

HorhayAtAMD said:
Neither is idolatry or, Judaism for that matter. Nobody who has denied Christ as their savior is technically behaving acceptably in the eyes of the Christian Church. Would you then say that Jews, Muslims, and Hindus shouldn't be raising kids either?

Jews, Muslims, and Hindus aren't teaching their children that immoral lifestyles are acceptable.

gop_jeff said:
In my mind, I would most like to see the child with a married heterosexual couple.

Short of that, however, I'd want the child to be at a Christian school.
I'm still trying to determine if you mean an orphanage when you say Christian school.

gop_jeff said:
Jews, Muslims, and Hindus aren't teaching their children that immoral lifestyles are acceptable.
To the Church, anyone denying Christ is leading an immoral lifestyle so yes: Jews, Muslims, and Hindus are teaching their children that immoral lifestyles are acceptable. Most Christians tolerate the fact that not everyone has chosen to accept Christ and that those people are going to have children and not raise them as Christian. Why can't we do the same to homosexual couples?

Let's take it another step and go back to my idolatry example. Would you be as offended if idolaters were to have kids and raise them to be idolaters? After all, if anything is more heineous in our God's eyes, it is someone who prays to different gods and it is worse still if it is a graven image of another god. It is right there in the first 2 commandments, they weren't even hidden away in the middle like "Honour thy mother and father" is.

MissileMan said:
I'm still trying to determine if you mean an orphanage when you say Christian school.

No. I mean a private school that is run with an emphasis on Christian teaching and worldview. My daughter attends one, and she is anything but an orphan.

HorhayAtAMD said:
To the Church, anyone denying Christ is leading an immoral lifestyle so yes: Jews, Muslims, and Hindus are teaching their children that immoral lifestyles are acceptable. Most Christians tolerate the fact that not everyone has chosen to accept Christ and that those people are going to have children and not raise them as Christian. Why can't we do the same to homosexual couples?

Let's take it another step and go back to my idolatry example. Would you be as offended if idolaters were to have kids and raise them to be idolaters? After all, if anything is more heineous in our God's eyes, it is someone who prays to different gods and it is worse still if it is a graven image of another god. It is right there in the first 2 commandments, they weren't even hidden away in the middle like "Honour thy mother and father" is.

I understand your point. But in a country with freedom of religion, I have no say over what religion someone raises their kids to be - and in fact, I have no way to influence that decision. But we, as a society, do have a moral code, separate from religion, that we choose to follow. For example, we have determined that children should not engage in sexual activity until age 15/16/18 (depending on your state). In the same way, I am saying that we should declare, as a society, that children should not be taught that homosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle.

gop_jeff said:
But we, as a society, do have a moral code, separate from religion, that we choose to follow. For example, we have determined that children should not engage in sexual activity until age 15/16/18 (depending on your state).
This argument I can understand but you'll have to find a better example. Most of the laws regarding children are special because any relationship between an adult and a child (be it for sex or work) is almost never going to be fully equal or consenting, consenting being the key word here. These laws no longer hold once you hit 15/16/18 which is the age we are talking about when we talk about homosexual marriages. When I try to think of North American moral codes that relate to two consenting adults, I must admit that I have a great deal of difficulty thinking of even one.

HorhayAtAMD said:
This argument I can understand but you'll have to find a better example. Most of the laws regarding children are special because any relationship between an adult and a child (be it for sex or work) is almost never going to be fully equal or consenting, consenting being the key word here. These laws no longer hold once you hit 15/16/18 which is the age we are talking about when we talk about homosexual marriages. When I try to think of North American moral codes that relate to two consenting adults, I must admit that I have a great deal of difficulty thinking of even one.

He doesn't need to find any more examples, although one could easily point to incest or polygamy. Why can't you get the point already made by gop-jeff that it is our CHOICE as a nation to set the limits for behaviors of all kinds? These behavior limits have nothing to do with freedom of religion and everything to do with how we, as a people, choose to form our society.

MAJORITY VOTE is how our society is created and the laws are made. For a minority to rip apart the rules of a free society via means OTHER than a majority vote is definitely the beginning of the downfall of that society. That is why this whole homosexual thing is so dangerous...nobody really cares what 2 consenting adults are doing in private.

However when two homosexual men place 'their' chidren in a parochial school that condemns their lifestyle instead of placing them in a public school that nowadays is promoting homosexual lifestyles it certainly is suspicious as to what their intentions are. This is an action that affects other people, not a private thing. It appears that they are out to selfishly pursue their homosexual agenda, not caring who they hurt, using the innocent children as well as using the beneficence of the Church - which attempts to give everybody respect as a human being and as a child of God, even though they may be living in sin according to the dictates of the Church.

Before, the homosexual agenda used to be "leave me alone". Most people can go along with that.

Nowadays, the homosexual agenda is "accept my behavior as normal". This is where most people draw the line.

ScreamingEagle said:
Before, the homosexual agenda used to be "leave me alone". Most people can go along with that.

Nowadays, the homosexual agenda is "accept my behavior as normal". This is where most people draw the line.
i think this whole fag thing would have been better accepted by everyone overall if they hadnt tried to shove it down everyones throat (no pun intended).

ScreamingEagle said:
He doesn't need to find any more examples, although one could easily point to incest or polygamy. Why can't you get the point already made by gop-jeff that it is our CHOICE as a nation to set the limits for behaviors of all kinds? These behavior limits have nothing to do with freedom of religion and everything to do with how we, as a people, choose to form our society.

MAJORITY VOTE is how our society is created and the laws are made. For a minority to rip apart the rules of a free society via means OTHER than a majority vote is definitely the beginning of the downfall of that society. That is why this whole homosexual thing is so dangerous...nobody really cares what 2 consenting adults are doing in private.

However when two homosexual men place 'their' chidren in a parochial school that condemns their lifestyle instead of placing them in a public school that nowadays is promoting homosexual lifestyles it certainly is suspicious as to what their intentions are. This is an action that affects other people, not a private thing. It appears that they are out to selfishly pursue their homosexual agenda, not caring who they hurt, using the innocent children as well as using the beneficence of the Church - which attempts to give everybody respect as a human being and as a child of God, even though they may be living in sin according to the dictates of the Church.

What he said! :D

gop_jeff said:
No. I mean a private school that is run with an emphasis on Christian teaching and worldview. My daughter attends one, and she is anything but an orphan.

Did you read the article? They are trying to send the kids to a Catholic school. That's not Christian enough for you?

Adopting and raising a child or children is one of the ultimate acts of charity. In most cases, it is an act of great sacrifice. I can't believe the pompous, sanctimonious assholes in this forum who would sully such an act because they don't like the adoptive parents lifestyle. Ask the kids if they'd rather be in an orphanage...I'll wager NOT!

What's really pissing you off is these acts of self-sacrifice fly in the face of your arguments that all homosexuals are self-serving; that these acts are being performed by those who you consider unredeemable.

Why is it that you jump to the conclusion that the parents have some hidden agenda? Why is it not possible that the kids were adopted from a Catholic- run orphanage and they are trying to keep the kids in a school environment they are accustomed to? Is it the Christian way to always think the worst of people?

Merlin1047 said:
I'm no fan of the homosexual lifestyle, but this pack of self-righteous morons have managed to hit a new low. But it does raise the question of why a pair of homosexual men were allowed to adopt two children.

There is no evidence supporting claims that children raised by same gender couples suffer any harm for the experience. Most such children that I have met have been as well adjusted, or better, than their peers raised by traditional couples.

While only four states permit same gender couples to legally adopt children, most states turn a blind eye to those individuals who adopt children and are in a relationship with someone of the same gender. And, there is the option of artificial insemination for lesbian couples.

The sad fact of the matter is that all these good Christian folks who are so outraged by the idea of same-gender couples adopting children don't seem to be rushing out to adopt any. By permitting same gender couples the opportunity to adopt children, those children are able to experience a warm and loving family life that they nmight not have otherwise had.

-=d=- said:
For as jacked up as those kids are going to be, I'd think the Church would want them around...They could help them come to terms with the 'parents' un-natural, vulgar, selfish lifestyle, and one day, forgive the parents.

It's the folks with un-natural, vulgar and selfish little minds, like yours, that attempt to make life hard on the children of same gender couples.

Have a nice day... :asshole:

-=d=- said:
(sigh)...forgive their 'parents' for teaching their kid it's 'okay' to live a diviant, destructive lifestyle. For their parents teaching them 'it's okay to live a sinful lifestyle, and still be a christian'. Lots of things.

Frankly, it'd be better for the KID if they lived in an orphanage until they were adults, than to live 1 week with a homosexual 'couple'. ...But, living a homosexual lifestyle is inherently selfish, so it doesn't surprise me. Homosexual 'couples' want kids because it makes THEM feel better...feel normal maybe? It's certainly not about helping a kid grow to be productive.

I hope you've had yourself sterilized. You drag the whole gene-pool down.

ScreamingEagle said:
I understand that 100%, I was more curious about the WHY. I originally posted:
I'd like to hear your justification for saying this.
in response to:
Homosexual 'couples' want kids because it makes THEM feel better

and I also posted
Why can't we do the same (accept their choice to raise children) to homosexual couples?
in response to:
I think the point is that homosexuals shouldn't be raising kids in the first place.

which are questions of WHY. I never said that you can't form any society the majority chooses. This is a discussion forum and I'm naturally curious to understand the reasoning behind people's opinions.

Forum List

Back