Sins of the fathers??

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
I'm no fan of the homosexual lifestyle, but this pack of self-righteous morons have managed to hit a new low. But it does raise the question of why a pair of homosexual men were allowed to adopt two children.
=================================================
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/1/2/134648.shtml

Sunday, Jan. 2, 2005 8:43 a.m. EST
Group Wants Gay Couple's Kids out of School

A group of parishioners and parents has accused Orange County church leaders of defying the pope by allowing a gay couple to enroll their two boys in St. John the Baptist School in Costa Mesa, Calif., a diocese school, according to a report in the L.A. Times.

Last month, 18 parishioners signed a letter demanding that the school accept only families that sign a pledge to live by Catholic doctrine.

Although the church regards homosexual acts as sinful and the pope has condemned marriage and adoption by same-sex couples, Father Martin Benzoni, who oversees the school, has rejected the group's demands.

Benzoni argued that the boys – both kindergarteners adopted by a pair of Costa Mesa men – had been baptized in the faith and deserved a Catholic education.

"I firmly believe that this policy is in line with the teaching of the Catholic Church," said Benzoni.

Some upset parents now say they plan to ask the Vatican for help, while others threaten to withdraw their children from the school.

Meanwhile, other conservative and liberal Catholic leaders backed the school, saying that regardless of the church's views on homosexuality and same-sex unions, it would be wrong to punish the children.

Father Gerald M. Horan, superintendent of schools run by the Diocese of Orange, opined that if the school barred gay parents from enrolling their children, they would also have to ban children of parents who violate other church teachings – including those who are divorced, use birth control or weren't married in the church.

Some of the parents at St. John the Baptist said they won't give up the fight.

"We're taking a stand for the faith," said parent Ken Stashik. "This is much larger than what's going on in a small Catholic school in a small town."

I guess since it's a religious school they can do what they want until "customers" complain using "religous reasoning". I guess it keeps the ACLU out of the fray tho .

Father Gerald M. Horan, superintendent of schools run by the Diocese of Orange, opined that if the school barred gay parents from enrolling their children, they would also have to ban children of parents who violate other church teachings – including those who are divorced, use birth control or weren't married in the church.
that about sums it up. "let he without sin cast the first stone."

i can see the form for the catholic school now

are you gay
do you use birth control
were you married in the church
did you have sex before marraige
did you give birth before marriage
have you had an abortion

the guys got a point. these people want him to selectivley enforce their doctrine. "dont mind <i>our</i> sins, were not gay"

For as jacked up as those kids are going to be, I'd think the Church would want them around...They could help them come to terms with the 'parents' un-natural, vulgar, selfish lifestyle, and one day, forgive the parents.

-=d=- said:
For as jacked up as those kids are going to be, I'd think the Church would want them around...They could help them come to terms with the 'parents' un-natural, vulgar, selfish lifestyle, and one day, forgive the parents.
well you cant deny an education to kids regardless of how messed up the parents are. like he stated in the article
so there is no real reason to ban these children from the school based on the fact their parents are gay

Johnney said:
well you cant deny an education to kids regardless of how messed up the parents are. like he stated in the article

The State can't deny kids an education...a private organization, 'can', howevever; not that I'm advocating that position.

so there is no real reason to ban these children from the school based on the fact their parents are gay
...until the Gay 'parents' (a term I use loosely here) start demanding a pro-gay agenda, or sue because the Teachers bring up Church, and God's policy against the behaviour.

what i was trying to say was that if they banned the kids for having gay parents, then they would have to do the same for the others that "bent" the doctorine (divorced, use birth control or weren't married in the church.)
im against gays and gay rights as much as the next person, but dont punish someone (the kids) because someone else (the "parents") do bad things

Johnney said:
what i was trying to say was that if they banned the kids for having gay parents, then they would have to do the same for the others that "bent" the doctorine (divorced, use birth control or weren't married in the church.)
im against gays and gay rights as much as the next person, but dont punish someone (the kids) because someone else (the "parents") do bad things

:clap:

-=d=- said:

I would think the Church would want them around too. I was in a Christian chat last night and there were a bunch of people trying to chase some muslims out and i was just thinking, who needs Christ more than people who dont have Him? Why chase people away instead of bringing them to Christ? it seems to be the opposite of what we want to do. I mean if the Spirit can turn Saul the Persecutor into Paul the Preacher then it can help an adopted child of homosexuals or muslims or even some christians who havent realized what they have yet.

I'd want to know why a pair of homosexual guys want to raise children under a religious doctrine that condemns their lifestyle?

Also, is this good for the children? What kind of screwed up kids are they planning to raise?

I would think the Church would want them around too. I was in a Christian chat last night and there were a bunch of people trying to chase some muslims out and i was just thinking, who needs Christ more than people who dont have Him? Why chase people away instead of bringing them to Christ? it seems to be the opposite of what we want to do. I mean if the Spirit can turn Saul the Persecutor into Paul the Preacher then it can help an adopted child of homosexuals or muslims or even some christians who havent realized what they have yet.

It's because those people, in that room, don't know Christ. Simple and sad as that.

-=d=- said:

Forgive them for what? Opening their hearts and home and wallets to raise them instead of leaving them in an orphanage? Maybe they can grow up to forgive you for being a bigot!

MissileMan said:
Forgive them for what? Opening their hearts and home and wallets to raise them instead of leaving them in an orphanage? Maybe they can grow up to forgive you for being a bigot!
no bigotry(sp?) there. its not natrual, digusting, and perverted.
but then again i can see this thread is heading to another pro fag and con fag debate.

MissileMan said:

dude, you are ASSuming they did it out of the goodness of their hearts. If so, then why send them to a school where you, me and they know the kids will catch a load of crap for their parents being gay? I believe this is an underhanded way of trying to get homosexuality accepted by the Church and THEY are using these kids to do it.

They probably believe that if the kids are raised Catholic while being the kids of gay parents, that some day they (the kids) will grow up and using their experience pressure the church (or at least their exposure to the church) into accepting homosexuality by saying things like, "hey, look at us. Our parents are gay, but we are good Catholics, so gays must not be that bad."

If they really cared about the kids, they would put them in a school that is more accepting.

The parents are fucked in the head if you ask me.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
MissileMan said:
Forgive them for what? Opening their hearts and home and wallets to raise them instead of leaving them in an orphanage?

(sigh)...forgive their 'parents' for teaching their kid it's 'okay' to live a diviant, destructive lifestyle. For their parents teaching them 'it's okay to live a sinful lifestyle, and still be a christian'. Lots of things.

Frankly, it'd be better for the KID if they lived in an orphanage until they were adults, than to live 1 week with a homosexual 'couple'. ...But, living a homosexual lifestyle is inherently selfish, so it doesn't surprise me. Homosexual 'couples' want kids because it makes THEM feel better...feel normal maybe? It's certainly not about helping a kid grow to be productive.

freeandfun1 said:
dude, you are ASSuming they did it out of the goodness of their hearts. If so, then why send them to a school where you, me and they know the kids will catch a load of crap for their parents being gay? I believe this is an underhanded way of trying to get homosexuality accepted by the Church and THEY are using these kids to do it.

They probably believe that if the kids are raised Catholic while being the kids of gay parents, that some day they (the kids) will grow up and using their experience pressure the church (or at least their exposure to the church) into accepting homosexuality by saying things like, "hey, look at us. Our parents are gay, but we are good Catholics, so gays must not be that bad."

If they really cared about the kids, they would put them in a school that is more accepting.

The parents are fucked in the head if you ask me.

There's just no pleasing you people. You bitch about homosexuals raising children because you say they want to produce more homosexuals. When they try to raise the kids as straight Christians, you bitch because you say they are just trying to grab attention. If the kids aren't homosexual, why should there be a problem with their acceptance at a Catholic school. I hear a lot of talk from you guys about acceptance and tolerance but apparently it is reserved only for those just like yourselves. Besides, the Catholic church has no problem with pedophilic, boy-diddlers...why should they have a problem with two boys who aren't diddling anybody?

-=d=- said:
Homosexual 'couples' want kids because it makes THEM feel better...feel normal maybe? It's certainly not about helping a kid grow to be productive.
I'd like to hear your justification for saying this. From personal (though admitedly limited) experience, I would say that homosexual couples want kids for the exact same reason hetero couples want them. To be honest with you, since it is so much harder for a homosexual couple to actually get kids, and since they are screened when they try to adopt, I would say that the average homosexual couple has a stronger and healthier desire for kids than the average heterosexual couple where a kid is only a broken condom away.

MissileMan said:
There's just no pleasing you people. You bitch about homosexuals raising children because you say they want to produce more homosexuals. When they try to raise the kids as straight Christians, you bitch because you say they are just trying to grab attention. If the kids aren't homosexual, why should there be a problem with their acceptance at a Catholic school. I hear a lot of talk from you guys about acceptance and tolerance but apparently it is reserved only for those just like yourselves. Besides, the Catholic church has no problem with pedophilic, boy-diddlers...why should they have a problem with two boys who aren't diddling anybody?

I think the point is that homosexuals shouldn't be raising kids in the first place. I personally would rather the child be in a Christian school, so he/she can learn that homosexuality is not acceptable behavior in the eyes of God.

Forum List

Back