‘Sinner’ singer given 39 lashes by rabbis

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
08/27/2010 02:45

Punishment for performance in front of "mixed audience."

A singer who performed in front of a “mixed audience” of men and women was lashed 39 times to make him “repent,” after a ruling by a self-described rabbinic court on Wednesday.

Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak, founder of the Shofar organization aimed at bringing Jews “back to religion” (hazara betshuva), has made it his recent mission to fight against musical performances for both men and women.

His “judicial panel,” with Rabbi Ben Zion Mutsafi and another member, sentenced Erez Yechiel to 39 lashes in order to “rid him of his sins.”

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=186154

Big difference in performing to a mixed audience vs. singing in a cabaret or dance hall, or at a party with mixed dancing. We used to have "family" seating options at all religious singing performances in the states, and now most rabbanim oppose this, too. I don't understand the problem, except for girls getting up in the aisles and dancing to the music, which shouldn't be permitted (attention getters). The lashes are still better than being ostracized, and losing future contracts, etc. As the outside world becomes more permissive, the tighter regulations in the religious world become. Sad.

He displayed a leather strip he said was made by his father from ass and bull skin, with which Yechiel was to have been whipped.

Yechiel, who said, “I accept upon myself the lashing for my sins,” was ordered to stand by a wooden poll with his head facing north (“from whence the evil inclination comes”), his hands tied with a azure-colored rope (“a symbol of mercy”), and served his “sentence.”

From OP

Crazy. Coming from the religious-Jewish world myself, I know that women aren't supposed to perform in front of men, but I've seen many religious men perform for women or mixed crowds--like Avraham Fried, Mordechai Ben-David, etc. Furthermore, these "lashes punishments" went out with Biblical times. :cuckoo:

You’ve got to love idiots like PTF pilling up an article from almost a year ago which he probably got off one of his whacked out muslim apologist websites and as Ropey pointed out the piece says quote “ with which Yechiel was to have been whipped" which means the lashes probably didn't take place, and I'm sure if they did it was voluntarily or he could have pressed charges with the Israeli authorities. Also note that idiots like PTF will always make excuses for forceful punishments and killings of women and girls done by the Arabs.

You’ve got to love idiots like PTF pilling up an article from almost a year ago which he probably got off one of his whacked out muslim apologist websites and as Ropey pointed out the piece says quote “ with which Yechiel was to have been whipped" which means the lashes probably didn't take place, and I'm sure if they did it was voluntarily or he could have pressed charges with the Israeli authorities. Also note that idiots like PTF will always make excuses for forceful punishments and killings of women and girls done by the Arabs.

pilling up an article from almost a year ago

So, Israeli propagandists still bring up suicide bombing that the Palestinians stopped 5 years ago.

They need to update their propaganda.

make excuses for forceful punishments and killings of women and girls done by the Arabs.

Got links?

Last edited:

he's already done a thread on this one...

i guess he ran out of propaganda for tonight, so decided to scrape up trash from his archives.

you’ve got to love idiots like ptf pilling up an article from almost a year ago which he probably got off one of his whacked out muslim apologist websites and as ropey pointed out the piece says quote “ with which yechiel was to have been whipped" which means the lashes probably didn't take place, and i'm sure if they did it was voluntarily or he could have pressed charges with the israeli authorities. Also note that idiots like ptf will always make excuses for forceful punishments and killings of women and girls done by the arabs.

qft

he's already done a thread on this one...

i guess he ran out of propaganda for tonight, so decided to scrape up trash from his archives.

Actually, I haven't. But you have always been full of crapola like your crook Zionist friends.

Ancient Law can not be justified by the present generation .

Respect , honor & dignity prevails with the Ancient Law as per the Principles of natural justice.

Posting such messages gives birth to conversational disputes between the parties in sensitive areas.

PTF, should not express the Jewish Sect as crapola and crook.

Respect , honor & dignity prevails with the Ancient Law as per the Principles of natural justice.

Posting such messages gives birth to conversational disputes between the parties in sensitive areas.

Not all Jews are Zionists. Not all Zionists are Jews.

Just to clear up your confusion.

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
08/27/2010 02:45

Punishment for performance in front of "mixed audience."

A singer who performed in front of a “mixed audience” of men and women was lashed 39 times to make him “repent,” after a ruling by a self-described rabbinic court on Wednesday.

Rabbi Amnon Yitzhak, founder of the Shofar organization aimed at bringing Jews “back to religion” (hazara betshuva), has made it his recent mission to fight against musical performances for both men and women.

His “judicial panel,” with Rabbi Ben Zion Mutsafi and another member, sentenced Erez Yechiel to 39 lashes in order to “rid him of his sins.”

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=186154

So, as you stated in another thread, the media lies. Why does what you posted carry any credibility ?

Kinda funny.

I was unaware that Israel let it's rabbis meat out justice in place of courtrooms.

Even if this was true, how does that excuse the piles of bodies and body parts from muslim justice?

Or even compare?

Not all Jews are Zionists. Not all Zionists are Jews.

Just to clear up your confusion.

From a confirmed Jew hater.

It would be safer to play in Palestine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDVCT2gCgYg]YouTube - ‪42 b Sleepless Gaza Jerusalem .divx‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back