Sinking Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Annie, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't think it will be that easy:

http://time-blog.com/middle_east/2007/02/jesus_tales_from_the_crypt.html?iid=chix-digg

2. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Christianity is already sinking under the accumulated weight of its modern-day Pharisees, sectarian strife and just plain hypocrisy. The same can be said of the Islam and Judaism as well.

3. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    I hope that the Christians don’t threaten the director with violence.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    But, but it makes it so much easier for your ilk, a few whackjobs do so and you can equate them with suicide bombers. Where would your arguments be without the idiot abortion bombers and such? :rolleyes:

5. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    I just marvel at how Christians say that their religion is different from other religions as exemplified in their people and practices. They say that to compare their religions to other religions is to compare apples and oranges. Yet, the comparisons are similar. The only difference is a matter of degrees.

When people make a comic depiction of Mohamed or write books satirical of Islam, Muslims become outraged, call for apology, retraction or execution. When someone makes a movie about Christ that does not coincide with traditional conservative views of Christ, there is outrage, picketing, and even death threats.

Advised and instructed by their “Bible” or not, Muslims have a history or conversion by the sword. They tortured and killed non-Muslims. Advised and instructed by their “Bible” or not, Christians have a history of conversion by the sword.

There is good and bad in practically everything.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    and degree is everything, when it comes to violence. There are the deviations, which are condemned and the accepted, if not practiced by the majority. Again, it's about teaching-today.

7. Black Lance

Black Lance Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Comparing Islamic Jihads to Christian Crusades or the Spanish Inquisition is simplistic, at best. These were very different situations rooted in very different doctrines, even if the outcome was often similar or the same.

Regardless, the "Christians-R-evil" crowd among the secular leftists can only compare Pat Robertson to Osama Bin Laden at their own expense, because even a common sense examination reveals the difference.

8. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    cameron is free to make any movie he likes..... it will not damage the foundations of my faith.

a tempest in a teapot, if you ask me.

9. jasendorf

jasendorf Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +76
    It will be easy.

10. mattskramer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    There was the Spanish Inquisition, Salem Witch Trials, harassments and threats against those who would criticize Christian beliefs. The killings by Muslims might outnumber the killings by Christians, and the times and methods might be different. Yet, the agendas were similar and for all practical purposes, the difference is only in degrees.

I doubt that Pat Robertson advocated violence, but I might be wrong. A more appropriate comparison would be between Osama Bin Laden and Jim Jones, David Koresh, Michael Griffin, and Eric Rudolph.