Single-payer HC plan IS the answer......

I don't specifically know the answer to that question.

However, the fact that you use the word assumed means that you think people are working off something other than knowledge of how the system works.

Can I ask if you are aware of place in Europe that don't have "single payer" ?

This, for example:

The Dutch really have it together on health care, they have a system that has been proposed as a model for the US to emulate. In stark contrast to many other European systems, it’s actually based entirely on private insurers, rather than a single-payer or entirely national system. Yet the Dutch system is universal, has far superior rates of satisfaction with quality of care and access, and still costs a fraction of what we pay for health care per capita in the US. How is this possible?

What is healthcare like in the Netherlands?

How many people in the Netherlands? Trying to compare that to the USA is foolish.

I wasn't comparing it. You asked me a question.

single payer doesn't work anywhere. Ask the Brits or Canadians. It sounds great, "free medical care for everyone, and the government pays all the bills" The problem is that the government has only one source of income---------------US, you and me. Do you want 65% of your income (no matter how much you make) going to the government? That's what they do in the wonderful Scandinavian countries that you keep ranting about.

Single payer, or single provider?
Single authority in control.

Now that even the slow-witted Trump has admitted that "who knew that health care reform would be so hard"........it is time for democrats to use the single-payer option as the benchmark of what we must enact have a BETTER and CHEAPER health care insurance plan to cover EVERYBODY (remember that it was Trump who listed those 3 factors that I've place in caps as the reason for voting for him.)

The rest of the civilized planet has long adopted the single-payer system.....and the option has proven cheaper with other countries' citizens having longer lives and less morbidity.

Who would LOSE under such a single payer system???
Insurance companies' CEOs and their board members.

Who would WIN under such a single payer system???
ALL of us.....

No thanks, I'll just pay my own way.

I don't specifically know the answer to that question.

However, the fact that you use the word assumed means that you think people are working off something other than knowledge of how the system works.

Can I ask if you are aware of place in Europe that don't have "single payer" ?

This, for example:

The Dutch really have it together on health care, they have a system that has been proposed as a model for the US to emulate. In stark contrast to many other European systems, it’s actually based entirely on private insurers, rather than a single-payer or entirely national system. Yet the Dutch system is universal, has far superior rates of satisfaction with quality of care and access, and still costs a fraction of what we pay for health care per capita in the US. How is this possible?

How many people in the Netherlands? Trying to compare that to the USA is foolish.

single payer doesn't work anywhere. Ask the Brits or Canadians. It sounds great, "free medical care for everyone, and the government pays all the bills" The problem is that the government has only one source of income---------------US, you and me. Do you want 65% of your income (no matter how much you make) going to the government? That's what they do in the wonderful Scandinavian countries that you keep ranting about.

when all of the doctors and hospitals are paid by the government, its the same thing. That's what you say you want, but you have no idea how expensive it would be or how the quality of care would decline. Can you say VA?

This, for example:

when all of the doctors and hospitals are paid by the government, its the same thing. That's what you say you want, but you have no idea how expensive it would be or how the quality of care would decline. Can you say VA?

Any system is only as good as who is running it.

Any system is only as good as who is running it.

absolutely 100% correct. Would you turn your life over to the members of congress who cannot get anything done, to the clowns running the VA and letting vets die before receiving treatment, to some anonymous civil servant sitting in a cubicle in DC? Wake the fuck up and THINK about what you are asking for.

Jake and his ilk worship government like a Diety, so of course they'll surrender their life to it

Forum List

Back