Single moms are breeding criminals

Yes. How dare a woman choose to raise a child without a husband.

It should be something to be ashamed of, especially when the taxpayers are footing the bill.

Man, someone really needs to punch you in the face.

No, someone needs to punch the assholes who tell girls they have a "right" to sex and a "right" to screw assholes even if there IS a risk of pregnancy, in the face.

That would be you, I imagine.

It should be something to be ashamed of, especially when the taxpayers are footing the bill.

Feel free to come over.

I fail to understand why anyone shouldn't be ashamed of doing something so incredibly stupid and irresponsible.

You seem to believe they should be proud of it.

People like you are the problem with this country.

You fail to understand because you choose to not understand. You are looking at this from only one angle. What if a woman gets married, decides to have a child, gets pregnant and her husband leaves her? Well, according to you, she should be ashamed! Shame on her! How could she be so irresponsible??

Plus of course the obvious, which you missed, which is that a woman posted in this thread about being a single mom and how challenging it was for her to raise great kids, which she did. And then you told her she should be ashamed. Classy.

No, that is not what he said.

Though certainly women who desert marriage because they are "bored" or because they found someone they like better, they certainly should be ashamed.

But that's not what brit said, and I don't think he even implied that. We're talking about training girls from a young age that they shouldn't spread their legs for every dick that approaches them, because doing so can lead to single parenthood and a lower standard of living for their potential child.

This warranted its own response.

Being a single parent and raising children in today's world is incredibly tough. Anyone who finds themself in that position and steps up to the challenge should be damn proud of what they did, and what they do every day for the betterment of their family.

And I'll have words with anyone who says otherwise.

Feel free to come over.

I fail to understand why anyone shouldn't be ashamed of doing something so incredibly stupid and irresponsible.

You fail to understand because you choose to not understand. You are looking at this from only one angle. What if a woman gets married, decides to have a child, gets pregnant and her husband leaves her? Well, according to you, she should be ashamed! Shame on her! How could she be so irresponsible??

Plus of course the obvious, which you missed, which is that a woman posted in this thread about being a single mom and how challenging it was for her to raise great kids, which she did. And then you told her she should be ashamed. Classy.

When sociologists refer to "single moms" they mean women who have children without ever being married. Divorced women and widows are not counted as "single moms." The women we are discussing are solely those who get knocked up without being married and then choose to carry the baby to term. The children of divorced women don't have nearly the kind of problems that the children of "single moms" have because at least they have an identifiable father who probably was at home for a good portion of their childhood and who provides them with financial support. They also generally maintain contact with their children after divorce and provide a positive influence in their children's lives. None of that is true in the case of "single moms."

Single moms are a plague on this society.

This warranted its own response.

Being a single parent and raising children in today's world is incredibly tough. Anyone who finds themself in that position and steps up to the challenge should be damn proud of what they did, and what they do every day for the betterment of their family.

And I'll have words with anyone who says otherwise.

No, they shouldn't feel proud. They were incredibly stupid and irresponsible to get themselves into that position. They should feel about as proud as the captain of that Italian Cruise ship that ran aground, and held in similar esteem.

Feel free to come over.

When sociologists refer to "single moms" they mean women who have children without ever being married. Divorced women and widows are not counted as "single moms." The women we are discussing are solely those who get knocked up without being married and then choose to carry the baby to term. The children of divorced women don't have nearly the kind of problems that the children of "single moms" have because at least they have an identifiable father who probably was at home for a good portion of their childhood and who provides them with financial support. They also generally maintain contact with their children after divorce and provide a positive influence in their children's lives. None of that is true in the case of "single moms."

Saved.

This quote actually beats your previous one.

Not one of the rw's chose to actually read the link. And, every one of them LIED about what it said and what crazy Santorum said.

You chose to link to a left wing hack site.... and you wonder why no one wastes their time reading it? Personally, I don't like providing revenue to hack sites, so I don't read the bullshit they produce. If I want to know what Santorum says... I will make the effort to find an unedited, in context, clip and hear it for myself. That way my opinions are mine.... no those of some idiot media hack.

Feel free to come over.

Oh, so, when you said single moms should be ashamed, you were speaking in a clinical sense. Even though you didn't define it or even mention it. Nice attempt at a backtrack there.

But lets re-cap, shall we.

A woman is not married. She gets pregnant. If she ends the pregnancy she is a "baby killer" and if she has the baby she should be "ashamed" because she is "breeding criminals."

Same outcome. You want women to only have sex when they are married and want children. Not any other time.

The whole point of talking about single women having children is that they should be married if they are going to have children.

Yes. How dare a woman choose to raise a child without a husband.

How dare she expect the rest of us to pay for her child's expenses.

Then make it a Republican position to NOT pay child expenses at all...for only children of single parents. Put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

still bopping along trying to make the conversation into something else, I see.

Santorum: Single Moms Are "Breeding More Criminals" | Mother Jones

GAWD - this little scum just can't help himself. Never mind that this position is just plain stupid. He tells a couple of huge whoppers but that's par for the R's. But, notice that he actually blames women for stepping up, for taking responsibility for their children while the dead beat dads are celebrated in the repub congress.

What about the FATHERS of these children? Why don't the rw's or the pubs or the bags have anything to say about fathers?

Is it because, like Rush, they don't really understand that it takes two to make a pregnancy? Or is it because, like Rush, rw's believe children should go hungry?

Sanatorium the Peeping Tom needs to put the blame where it belongs and that is squarely on the men to dump the woman AND their children.

He, and we should be celebrating AND HELPING the courageous women who, against all odds, against every effort of the damn pubs to crush them, still stay with their kids, still struggle to put a roof over their heads and meals on the table.
Santoroignoramuso...More conservative SHIT MONGERING......what a bunch of mugs all these contenders are....VOTE OBAMA.....O YEAH.tl:clap2:

Not one of the rw's chose to actually read the link. And, every one of them LIED about what it said and what crazy Santorum said.

You chose to link to a left wing hack site.... and you wonder why no one wastes their time reading it? Personally, I don't like providing revenue to hack sites, so I don't read the bullshit they produce. If I want to know what Santorum says... I will make the effort to find an unedited, in context, clip and hear it for myself. That way my opinions are mine.... no those of some idiot media hack.
Yeah and your opinions ARE ??????

He is speaking facts. You all want your sex fest and abortion freedom and birth control fine. You have it and still single mothers end up raising criminals.

We are no longer cave people. A moral code is necessary for a civilization to thrive.

I'd be willing to be dollars to donuts that among the various BANKSTERS whose CRIMES (that were legal) destroyed our economy? very few who were raised by single moms.

The very idea that single moms raise more criminals than duel parents families does is probably specious.

And how many banksters are criminals editec? Got a number?

Fatherless children are more likely to drop out of school, use drugs, live in poverty, and go to jail. Those stats are common knowledge.

It seems the only dispute over Santorum's comments is semantic. Are they children of single mothers, or fatherless children? Makes not one damn difference to anyone except the pot stirrers.

Forum List

Back