Single moms are breeding criminals

Hurts my feelings? Who has time to have feelings hurt when I am laughing at you guys failing so much.

:lol::lol::lol:

So, now you are anti-research? I thought science was important and valued? I can't keep up with the 'evolution' of the left wing.... yesterday, science was great.... today it's not... tomorrow.... depending on whether the research supports your stance... it will be valuable again.

:lol:

They probably redefine science to mean "What agrees with my point of view"

I've seen the same attitude from both the left and the right. The major difference - to me - is that the right are more honest about their attitude to research... they do not quote it like it's God's Own Truth... research - particularly in social sciences... needs serious longitudinal studies to really understand what drives societal problems. Fortunately, there is a plethora of really solid research from a huge variety of countries.... and, one area that stands out is that children with both a Mom and a Dad thrive and are more successful as adults than those from single parents. There is not enough solid research about the impact on children of same sex couples... although, what there is, looks quite reasonable for same sex couples.

So study after study demonstrating that children of single parent families are more likely to end up in the criminal justice system are somehow invalid because it hurts your feelings?

Hurts my feelings? Who has time to have feelings hurt when I am laughing at you guys failing so much.

:lol::lol::lol:

So, now you are anti-research? I thought science was important and valued? I can't keep up with the 'evolution' of the left wing.... yesterday, science was great.... today it's not... tomorrow.... depending on whether the research supports your stance... it will be valuable again.

Exactly. Imagine Life Window Shopping with them. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7AkTpJC2hA]The Lovin' Spoonful- "Did You Ever Have to Make up Your Mind?" (with Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]
The Lovin' Spoonful- "Did You Ever Have to Make up Your Mind?"

So study after study demonstrating that children of single parent families are more likely to end up in the criminal justice system are somehow invalid because it hurts your feelings?

Translated, this means that children from a fatherless home are:

5 times more likely to commit suicide
32 times more likely to run away
20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders
14 times more likely to commit rape
9 times more likely to drop out of school
10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances
9 times more likely to end up in a state operated institution
20 times more likely to end up in prison

Divorce and Fatherhood Statistics

And to what does this speak. The meanness of the child, or the pain of the child. You do not know pain until you see your little children lose their father to cancer.

They probably redefine science to mean "What agrees with my point of view"

I've seen the same attitude from both the left and the right. The major difference - to me - is that the right are more honest about their attitude to research... they do not quote it like it's God's Own Truth... research - particularly in social sciences... needs serious longitudinal studies to really understand what drives societal problems. Fortunately, there is a plethora of really solid research from a huge variety of countries.... and, one area that stands out is that children with both a Mom and a Dad thrive and are more successful as adults than those from single parents. There is not enough solid research about the impact on children of same sex couples... although, what there is, looks quite reasonable for same sex couples.

Support, being there, filling in the gaps. There is no substitute.

Where's that right of a child to have two parents, CG?

Do you think smoking in a house with a child is child abuse, Shortbus?

{"Children of never-married mothers are more than twice as likely to have been treated for an emotional or behavioral problem."
Source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Center for Health Statistics, National Health Interiew Survey, Hyattsille, MD, 1988}

Sounds more abusive than smoking, to me.

Translated, this means that children from a fatherless home are:

5 times more likely to commit suicide
32 times more likely to run away
20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders
14 times more likely to commit rape
9 times more likely to drop out of school
10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances
9 times more likely to end up in a state operated institution
20 times more likely to end up in prison

Divorce and Fatherhood Statistics

And to what does this speak. The meanness of the child, or the pain of the child. You do not know pain until you see your little children lose their father to cancer.

Loss is painful for Adults. Multiply that when a Kid's World caves in.

Ok ... So ... here's the position of Conservatives.

Women should not be allowed access to contraception through their insurance.
If they get pregnant, they should not be allowed to abort the fetus.
They should not give birth if they are un-married. Oh, and I mean un-married to a man.

All of this applies to rape victims as well.

In short, women should only have sex if they are married to a man and want a child. Any other time is wrong.

Someone said 1950? Try 1750s.

Wow. That's a lot of smoke you needed to cover up the fact that children raised in single parent homes have a shittier life.

They should not give birth if they are un-married. Oh, and I mean un-married to a man.

In short, women should only have sex if they are married to a man and want a child. Any other time is wrong.

Wow. That's a lot of smoke you needed to cover up the fact that children raised in single parent homes have a shittier life.

You go right ahead insulting those adult voters who were raised in single parent homes who love their parent and have done quite well in life. And insult their voting parents too....call their lives "shitty". Well done, want a bandaid for that wound on your foot? Mouthwash for that leather taste?

Can you imagine someone making a choice to endure what you endured due to tragedy?

And honestly, it is the attitude that is the reason that your children turned out well. As you said, it wasn't your choice, you dealt with life to the best of your ability and did well.

Santorum: Single Moms Are "Breeding More Criminals" | Mother Jones

GAWD - this little scum just can't help himself. Never mind that this position is just plain stupid. He tells a couple of huge whoppers but that's par for the R's. But, notice that he actually blames women for stepping up, for taking responsibility for their children while the dead beat dads are celebrated in the repub congress.

What about the FATHERS of these children? Why don't the rw's or the pubs or the bags have anything to say about fathers?

Is it because, like Rush, they don't really understand that it takes two to make a pregnancy? Or is it because, like Rush, rw's believe children should go hungry?

Sanatorium the Peeping Tom needs to put the blame where it belongs and that is squarely on the men to dump the woman AND their children.

He, and we should be celebrating AND HELPING the courageous women who, against all odds, against every effort of the damn pubs to crush them, still stay with their kids, still struggle to put a roof over their heads and meals on the table.

70% of the people on welfare in this country are on public assistance because they had one or more children out of wedlock. It is also a statistical fact that kids raised in single parent families are more prone to doing poorly in school and getting involved in drugs and other criminal activity.

You would know this if you actually took the time to research the subject, which is what an intelligent, thinking individual would do. Instead you simply reject it because you heard it from a politician you happen to not like, which is what uneducated, stupid people do.

Where's that one, CG?

It's as relevant as a woman's 'right' to breed.

They aren't fucking fashion accessories. They are human beings, with the same rights as you or I.

And.... on topic.... perhaps, instead of getting opinions from the media, the left should actually listen to Santorum's remarks in full, in context, and understand what he was talking about.... instead of having their opinions formed by horseshit from Mommy Jones. Grown ups think for themselves - they do not get their opinions from their Moms.

Where's that right of a child to have two parents, CG?

It's not a Right. It is the Norm. Why the need to change the Norm? Seems pretty Selfish and short sighted. Let's distinguish with being stuck raising Children by yourself, V.S. Circumstance Dictating you Raising Children by yourself. Shit happens, agreed. Let's not lie to ourselves about what works best.

You go right ahead insulting those adult voters who were raised in single parent homes who love their parent and have done quite well in life. And insult their voting parents too....call their lives "shitty". Well done, want a bandaid for that wound on your foot? Mouthwash for that leather taste?

Sorry to make your butt hurt with facts.

How much more pain are we all going to have to endure before you are willing to fix the problem instead of excusing it and covering it up with smoke?

Last edited:

How much more pain are we all going to have to endure before you are willing to fix the problem?

I'm willing to fix the problem? What do you suggest be done? Shoot them? Arrest them? Involuntarily sterilize them? Take their kids away involuntarily?

I don't have a problem...and most kids in single parent homes are making it....and sure don't need "holier than thou" losers such as yourself calling their lives "shitty" as you hint at some pretty scary stuff for being an American....assuming you are.

You need to be more honest with yourself. There is what is Ideal, and there is Reality. It is harder Raising Kids by yourself without a Partner. It does not mean you love your kid's less. It doesn't mean you are a bad Parent. A Single Parent cannot be in three places at once. There are more gaps, there is more risk, more stress. Denying that is silly.

How much more pain are we all going to have to endure before you are willing to fix the problem?

I'm willing to fix the problem? What do you suggest be done? Shoot them? Arrest them? Involuntarily sterilize them? Take their kids away involuntarily?

I don't have a problem...and most kids in single parent homes are making it....and sure don't need "holier than thou" losers such as yourself calling their lives "shitty" as you hint at some pretty scary stuff for being an American....assuming you are.

You are projecting and jumping to false conclusions. Why?

Im not sure why you seem to think you have to misrepresent our positions so badly. Is lying about our positions on personal responsibility really going to help you avoid your absurd position of killing children and encouraging men to abandon their wives/gf/children?

What did I get wrong?

Wow. Douche bag much?

No one is saying a child is better off in a single parent home. But to say that they will "breed criminals" is not insulting and disrespectful, but it's wrong.

But that's what the left, who is all about "educating" people wants to do. Deny the truth...sex before marriage is risky, children raised in single parent homes are at great risk, and people of character can and do choose not to have sex, even though they CAN.

Meanwhile, promote abortion, the joy of unfettered sex with anyone at all...your dog, the bum on the corner, your step aunt, your same sex best friend...

Santorum: Single Moms Are "Breeding More Criminals" | Mother Jones

GAWD - this little scum just can't help himself. Never mind that this position is just plain stupid. He tells a couple of huge whoppers but that's par for the R's. But, notice that he actually blames women for stepping up, for taking responsibility for their children while the dead beat dads are celebrated in the repub congress.

What about the FATHERS of these children? Why don't the rw's or the pubs or the bags have anything to say about fathers?

Is it because, like Rush, they don't really understand that it takes two to make a pregnancy? Or is it because, like Rush, rw's believe children should go hungry?

Sanatorium the Peeping Tom needs to put the blame where it belongs and that is squarely on the men to dump the woman AND their children.

He, and we should be celebrating AND HELPING the courageous women who, against all odds, against every effort of the damn pubs to crush them, still stay with their kids, still struggle to put a roof over their heads and meals on the table.

Look you goofy Luddite.. I see nowhere that Santorum said "single moms are breeding more criminals". All of his remarks were taken entirely out of context and for the record, what's your argument that welfare is bolstering the fabric of American society?

Don't you know? The idiot left thinks men are Brut's and the mom and kids are better off with out a man around. They don't care about the fabric of American society. Excellent retort Soggy. :clap2:

Forum List

Back