Single Dads

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
We hear a lot about single moms, but not so much about single dads.

I happen to have some friends who are single dads, and they do a great job raising their children.

Anyone on here a single dad?

What do you see to be the rewards and challenges of it?

How many dads do you need in one household to raise kids?

mytwodads.jpg

I was for 6 years until I met the most wonderful young woman, whom I couldn't imagine not having in my life forever. She took on the "burden" of a then 12 year old who didn't even know his mother and became mom.

Being a single dad is tough, tougher still when you don't even have child support helping you out. But we're stronger for it.

Our household has a single, solitary dad who is married to a single, solitary mom.

If we were Mormons, things might be different.

We don't hear from them often because the huge majority of single parents are single moms.

The numbers are what they are.

I am a single dad I have had custody since he was born he just turned 5.. mom was 18 years younger.we had only known each other a fews months and shes a little on the wild side and not ready for a baby but not wanting to abort..so this was done by mutual agreement..it has been awesome..the door is open to mom and at this point she comes over and stays a few days out of the week..

Latley ive been spendin lots of time with my kid
Tellin him stories
About the things that we did
When we were a family
Long time ago
Ive answerd his questions
Till im blue in the face
Wish all that hurt in him
I could erase
But i tell him the truth
Cause he aint to young to know

Single father
Part time mother
When im not one
Then im the other
You used to be
My full time lover
Now im a single father
And a part time mother

I spend every minute
I can with my boy
Theres no doubt about it
Hes my pride and joy
Someday he will grow up
And i wont have him no more
Some things i just find
Too hard to exsplain
So we go to mcdonalds
Or i buy him a train
And we go put it together
On the living room floor

Such is the life
Of a single father
He says daddy exsplain
If its not too much bother
While its just you and me
Living here in this home
I dont understand it
And neither does he
Why theres just two
When there should be three of us
Sharing this moment
Lord i feel so alone

KID ROCK LYRICS - Single Father

I am a single dad I have had custody since he was born he just turned 5.. mom was 18 years younger.we had only known each other a fews months and shes a little on the wild side and not ready for a baby but not wanting to abort..so this was done by mutual agreement..it has been awesome..the door is open to mom and at this point she comes over and stays a few days out of the week..

Hmmm, 18 year younger baby momma that comes over and visits once in awhile. That's a sweet arrangement.

We don't hear from them often because the huge majority of single parents are single moms.

To be fair, the numbers are what they are because for years mom automatically got the kids unless abuse could be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. I was divorced in 1996 and I barely got custody even though my ex failed a drug test, perjured herself in court 3 times and I had video evidence of her having an affair. Things have changed, but it's damned hard for a man to get custody.

That makes you at least 41 if you aren't a statutory rapist.

To be fair, the numbers are what they are because for years mom automatically got the kids unless abuse could be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. I was divorced in 1996 and I barely got custody even though my ex failed a drug test, perjured herself in court 3 times and I had video evidence of her having an affair. Things have changed, but it's damned hard for a man to get custody.

This.

I've had friends that had to fight tooth and nail to get custody from the birth mother, even after she was clearly shown to be unfit. So unless a man is a widower, the birth Mom has to be a real piece of work for a father to get sole custody.

I've got a lot of respect for people that can raise a child on their own, either as a male or female. I can't imagine doing it. My wife is awesome and I can barely keep up with our son.

I did that for about seven years.

It was fun

I lost custody because of stupid not involving the kids, so they are with their mom now. They hate it there

That makes you at least 41 if you aren't a statutory rapist.

Things are different out west...

Forum List

Back