Singing Perect (American) English?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Why is it so many non-U.S., English-speakers like Aussies, or Brits or whatever, talk with an accent but sing in perfect (American) English? LOL...

That is weird. But, then you have your American bands who sound very British (Green Day, the Killers).

-Cp said:
Why is it so many non-U.S., English-speakers like Aussies, or Brits or whatever, talk with an accent but sing in perfect (American) English? LOL...

In voice classes they teach you to sing in an English accent in order to force you to enunciate.

The words are drawn out and stressed differently than when speaking and therefore the accents aren't stressed in the hearing of the singing. There are occassional times where you can hear the accent but it isn't prevalent.

no1tovote4 said:
In voice classes they teach you to sing in an English accent in order to force you to enunciate.

The words are drawn out and stressed differently than when speaking and therefore the accents aren't stressed in the hearing of the singing. There are occassional times where you can hear the accent but it isn't prevalent.

Yes, I know that, as I've taken voice lessons.. however, I don't believe all these bands have....:)

Forum List

Back