• Neil Young

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Neil Diamond

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Neil Sedaka

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Vince Neal

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Neil Armstrong (didn't he sing "Fly me to the Moon?")

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Neil Peart

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rusty Nail (oh wait, that's a drink)

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
man, I can't decide between the top three - Neil young was my gut instinct but I actually don't like his voice. I hated Neil sedaka when I was little but heard an interview with him and discovered he actually is pretty neat. And i can sing almost every Neil Diamond song.

I can't decide. Waaah.

So I googled (when in doubt google) and I found this neal that is definitely not my favorite: Have a listen.

Neal Byrne - Singer/Songwriter - Offical Web Site

I think I have to go with neil armstrong.

man, I can't decide between the top three - Neil young was my gut instinct but I actually don't like his voice. I hated Neil sedaka when I was little but heard an interview with him and discovered he actually is pretty neat. And i can sing almost every Neil Diamond song.

I can't decide. Waaah.

So I googled (when in doubt google) and I found this neal that is definitely not my favorite: Have a listen.

Neal Byrne - Singer/Songwriter - Offical Web Site

I think I have to go with neil armstrong.

That's who I went with. I can't stand Rusty Nails and among the other Neils, I have no idea which is which.

I kinda liked Ten-Inch Neil, too.

but he made like that one song and then sort of fell off the charts or something

I have tried many drinks but never a rusty nail, what is in it?

Scotch and Drambuie and splash of lemom.

It's delicious.

Heavy as hell, but it's scotch and scotch liquor.

It's one of those 1950's kind of serious drinks that very few modern bartenders have ever heard of.

Went to bar a few weeks ago and asked for an old fashioned.

The guy'd never heard of it, and didn't have any bitters, either.

Sad, really but time and taste march on, I guess.

It's delicious.

It's one of those 1950's kind of serious drinks that very few modern bartenders have ever heard of.

When I was a bartender we had to learn to make all those drinks, we had a lot of older customers that would come in just to drink Old Fashioneds, Rusty Nails, Manhattens, Mimosas, Bloody Marys, Harvey Walbangers......

When I was a bartender we had to learn to make all those drinks, we had a lot of older customers that would come in just to drink Old Fashioneds, Rusty Nails, Manhattens, Mimosas, Bloody Marys, Harvey Walbangers......

The WWII/Korean generation drank like fish.

Back in the late 60s and early 70's, when I was a younger man tending bar for businessmen of that generation, that was a wonderful way to make a living, or just augment your income with a part time job.

They drank, they were polite, they tipped very well, and they seldom were a problem.

In those days you could get into honest discussions about the world because that;s where people went to meet their neighbors after a tough day at the office or factory.

Then these folks would get into their gigantic death trap autos and kill themselves and others in horrible accidents or they'd be back the next day to test their their luck again.

Those were the day, I'll tell yas.

Now you can't even smoke in bar, and most of the bartenders are chicks who are convinced that everyone wants to screw them, (and many losers do, too!) so they usually suck as bartenders, and have no personality, either.

Its a damned shame, I'll tell you, and I blame it ALL on MADD, too.

I don't call any of the above real social progress to be honest.

I used to love bars, I really did.

But now, mostly they're just boring places where people are desperately trying to hook up.

It's kind of pathetic, really.

It's delicious.

You may find them delicious. Just the thought of good hearty Scotch befouled with sickly sweet Drambuie gives me the dry heaves. I used to make them on occassion when I was a bartender but I didn't add a splash of lemon, only garnished with a lemon twist.

You would have enjoyed my old fashioneds. And some of my own personal creations.

A bar with no bitters!!! A bartender who had never heard of an old fashioned!!!! That saddens me.

In those days you could get into honest discussions about the world because that;s where people went to meet their neighbors after a tough day at the office or factory.

Now we have message boards instead. :)

Mix your own and smoke without the worry of offending anyone.

Check out Niel Young's Greendale dvd.. pretty good stuff except for the last goofy song.

So come now, children of the beast. Be Strong. And SHOUT at the DEVIL

[youtube]_dy-Q4tSkQY&[/youtube]

Check out Niel Young's Greendale dvd.. pretty good stuff except for the last goofy song.

So come now, children of the beast. Be Strong. And SHOUT at the DEVIL

[youtube]_dy-Q4tSkQY&[/youtube]

LOL, I just saw this.

Hey, my 13 year old daughter likes them........:doubt:

New Topics

Forum List

Back