Singapore Policeman Gets Two Years for Oral Sex

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
** I am NEVER going to Singapore! **

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A Singaporean police sergeant has been jailed for two years for having oral sex in a country where prostitution is legal but oral sex is not, a newspaper reported Friday.

The Straits Times reported that the 27-year-old police coast guard sergeant landed in court after a 16-year-old reported to the police that she had performed oral sex on the man.

She was above the age of consent and agreed to perform the act, but oral sex is against the law in the city-state, the paper said.

"The act by itself is an offence. It is not a question of consent or no consent. Even between consenting people, it is an offence," criminal lawyer Subhas Anandan told the paper.

The maximum punishment for the offence is life imprisonment.

the knife cuts both ways, he'd be in jail for going down on her too don't forget... They actually had a guy in prison here in georgia for performing oral on his wife (think he was released tho when the law was repealed...)

For being with his WIFE???? damn, that's messed up!!!!

You kill someone in war they give you a medal, but throw you in jail for giving someone an orgasm.

What a strange world !:huh:

Oral sex is some demented form of enjoyment, ofcourse it should be banned. It is not healthy either. If you ask me they should also ban anal sex, it is disgusting. However, I don't think he needs two years of jail time for it, but it is a strange world.

Originally posted by Spirit_Soul
Oral sex is some demented form of enjoyment, ofcourse it should be banned. It is not healthy either.

Ok, I have to ask!

Why is it demented?
Why is it not healthy?
Why should it be banned?

2 consenting adults enjoying one anothers body. Unless someone was predisposed to a health risk, there isn't anything unhealthy about it. You take that exact risk with regular sex as well.

Spirit, you need to find a REAL MAN!!! I think once you do that, things will change your mind!!!!!!

and Jim is right, think about AIDS, you think you have to be GAY to get it??? you can get it with straight sex, no oral, no anal!!! there is also ALL the other diseases out there to be picked up.

Wow, this is though one to talk out, without unnecessary vulgarity.

Spirit I think Janeen said it well, when you find the right man your feelings may very well change. The act of sex itself is a loving, careing, and very rich experience, except of course during the Stanley Cup playoffs, then it must be completed during the national anthem, sorry couldn't resist.

In all seriousness though, in my humble view foreplay can enhance this experience and the satisfaction of both partners. You know Spirit many times guys just do not put the pleasure of their partner before their own, men can be very selfish when it comes to sex, and if you find a man willing to do so I would certainly not discourage him.

Just my two cents.

except of course during the Stanley Cup playoffs, then it must be completed during the national anthem, sorry couldn't resist.

shame on you eric! hahahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, the act of sex is ofcourse beautiful and a way to show your love for your life partner... ok, but oral sex is disgusting.

Why is it demented?- because of the very idea of having another person's body part in your mouth (it does not belong there in a natural scenario). Also, it is the partner's way to use the other one for his/her pleasure.

Secondly, it is unhealthy because there are many... many germs on a penis naturally.

And it should be banned because it is unhealthy.

Anyway, sex is just a way to reproduce, nothing more. People take too much time to dwell on the subject when it is only a simple biological reaction.

jejejaajjajejejejaajjajajajuajuajuajuaujjaujau!

too funny.

There's a big leap, spirit, between having a personal aversion to a sex act and declaring that it should be illegal. (and the health risks of having unprotected sex are by far higher than those of having oral sex.)

"it is the partner's way to use the other one for his/her pleasure."
Did the idea of deriving pleasure from giving pleasure ever occur to you? If sex were all about each getting pleasure for him or her self, it wouldn't be nearly as beautiful. I mean to say, it is at least as pleasurable for me to give oral sex as to receive it.

Anyway, sex is just a way to reproduce, nothing more. People take too much time to dwell on the subject when it is only a simple biological reaction

Spirit, I think you miss the point here. Of course by nature this is true, but humans because of our unique makeup elevate certain natural acts to mean more. Eating is just a way to fuel the body, yet look at what the act has evolved into.

See I view sex a little differently, I view it as not just a physical union of two people, but rather a complex one in which true love expresses itself physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Yes, there are times when it tends to be more on the lighter more fun side, but I can say that I have never had sex for the pure purpose of reproduction.

I have to tell you that your views on life seem to be not very consistent. You reduce sex to nothing more that an act of reproduction yet you view eating meat as something more than just fueling the body. You will say it is your religion, well christians are taught the god gave us sex for more than just reproductive purposes, rather that when a man and women wed they can enjoy the pleasure derived from sex.

Why is it demented?- because of the very idea of having another person's body part in your mouth (it does not belong there in a natural scenario)

This might be true in your view, but if someone is a clean person and takes care of themselves I just do not see the problem. Furthermore what about kissing, when there is an exchange of saliva?

Also, it is the partner's way to use the other one for his/her pleasure

One does for the other out of love, not obligation or use. Also with loving couples it is mutual.

And it should be banned because it is unhealthy

Now this statement is just insane. Bacon is unhealthy should we ban that too? Be careful when trying to BAN something, where does it stop? Who makes these decisions?

Look you are entitled to your views and your actions or lack thereof. Just do not try and impose your morality on the rest.

dear eric,

I do not want to change any one's views, all I was trying to say was what I thought of it. You may think otherwise, I have no problem with that.

Also, about bacon, yes we should ban that too.

:)

Yowsa!!! sex for just the point of reproduction??? What if someone doesn't want kids? or can't have kids? they shouldn't enjoy the pleasures of sharing love with someone? dirty penis? well, if your planning on having kids Spirit, what are you going to do? the penis has to hit somewhere, and we all know how that works!!! If you fear a dirty penis, and are afraid of getting the cooties, then you know the saying "no glove, no love" that simple!!!!

Guess I could go on and on, but being I do have family that reads this stuff, I will leave it alone! just can't understand it!:confused:

Originally posted by Bry
jejejaajjajejejejaajjajajajuajuajuajuaujjaujau!

too funny.

There's a big leap, spirit, between having a personal aversion to a sex act and declaring that it should be illegal. (and the health risks of having unprotected sex are by far higher than those of having oral sex.)

"it is the partner's way to use the other one for his/her pleasure."
Did the idea of deriving pleasure from giving pleasure ever occur to you? If sex were all about each getting pleasure for him or her self, it wouldn't be nearly as beautiful. I mean to say, it is at least as pleasurable for me to give oral sex as to receive it.

Yes I do have a personal aversion to the sex act and that is why I think it should be illegal.

"Did the idea of deriving pleasure from giving pleasure ever occur to you?"
No it did not occur to me, you can get pleasure in many ways, why should it be oral sex? this I do not understand.

"If sex were all about each getting pleasure for him or her self, it wouldn't be nearly as beautiful."
Actually, sex is not about getting and giving pleasure. Pleasure in a sex act is veiling the truth and the truth is reproduction.

" I mean to say, it is at least as pleasurable for me to give oral sex as to receive it."
Oral sex by my view is an unnatural thing to perform on anybody.

Forum List

Back