Since were gonna be politically correct

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
I dont wanna hear anyone talking about anyone elses mental health.

If a certain person (shattered) can tell me what i can and cant say cause she is offended, then im not going to allow her or you to talk shit about someones mental health status, or them needing or not needing meds

Im not gonna allow one member to talk shit, but i cant.

Its either going to be fair, or im raising hell, do i make myself clear?

Anyone that honestly believes that there are no conditions that require medication in dealing with mental health are ignorant of basic facts. The brain has numerous chemicals and receptors and pathways.

There are numerous proven medical conditions involving these functions and chemical imbalances. PROVEN conditions that respond directly to medication. Depression, bi polar conditions, delusions, the list is huge.

Pretending otherwise is ignorance on an astounding level.

A lot of these conditions require that the correct medication be found to adequately treat the condition. Depression is an example, there are numerous lon term clinical types of Depression, these all respond to medication, but no one medication works on all conditions. It becomes a frustrating time consuming search to find the medication needed for each individual. I believe the latest information is 80 percent of clinical depression conditions can be treated with medication.

Bi polar is another. A condition that is an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. Easily treated with medication. Once again depending on the chemical or chemicals causing the condition, it is a matter of simply finding the right mix that treats the individual condition.

There are no tests that can determine with a simple blood test or scan, which chemical or chemicals are out of whack, no test that says this type or that type of receptor or pathway doesn't work right. It becomes a search for the right medication or mix of medications that work on each individual.

This search is usually hampered by the individual not taking the medication consistantly or correctly. It can take weeks for some of these meds to show signs of either working or not working, they require a build up in the brain of the chemical to determine if they work.

And in some cases no medication works, though most are treatable. Further the medical treatment can be effected by the habits and beliefs of the effected individual.

One big misnomar is that anti depressant pills are "happy pills". These medications do not make you happy. They alleviate a medical imbalance that prevents you from functioning. YOU still have to do the work, just with the right medication your no longer medically unable to function.

I dont wanna hear anyone talking about anyone elses mental health.

If a certain person (shattered) can tell me what i can and cant say cause she is offended, then im not going to allow her or you to talk shit about someones mental health status, or them needing or not needing meds

Im not gonna allow one member to talk shit, but i cant.

Its either going to be fair, or im raising hell, do i make myself clear?

[PDF] SHOULD NEUROLEPTIC DRUGS BE BANNED?File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
SHOULD NEUROLEPTIC DRUGS BE BANNED? Lars Martensson, MD. Reprint of paper in Commitment and Civil Rights of the Mentally Ill. Proceedings of World ...
www.moshersoteria.com/lars/should.pdf

This thread needs to be moved to Global Issues.

"Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness." Blaise Pascal

"We all are born mad. Some remain so." Samuel Beckett

"A long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy." Charles Manson

"The question is: what is a sane man to do in an insane society?" Joseph Heller

"When we remember that we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." Mark Twain

Some People

Charles Bukowski

some people never go crazy.
me, sometimes I'll lie down behind the couch
for 3 or 4 days.
they'll find me there.
it's Cherub, they'll say, and
they pour wine down my throat
rub my chest
sprinkle me with oils.

then, I'll rise with a roar,
rant, rage -