Since this is a Conservative Message board

S

smirkinjesus

Check this is out seriously. Scroll to the left and view a couple pages a see if you can find a pattern emerging.

Its very interesting and very enlightening. What this page is, is major buildings being built around the world right now. As Conservatives, you should get a little irritated by what you see. Liberals are too preoccupied with happy happy joyness, its pointless showing this to them, but I'm betting the Conservatives will appreciate this much more. Take a look, don't freak out and yell at me, just think about it a bit. Even you Kathianne. Can you see America's future?

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/index.php?2063133

I give up... is it that the Chinese are building more skyscrapers than anyone else? Or is it that the tallest American skyscraper being built barely made the first page?

Yes, the Chinese are building the most skyscrapers. By the hundreds.

gop_jeff said:
I give up... is it that the Chinese are building more skyscrapers than anyone else? Or is it that the tallest American skyscraper being built barely made the first page?

smirkinjesus said:
Check this is out seriously. Scroll to the left and view a couple pages a see if you can find a pattern emerging.

Its very interesting and very enlightening. What this page is, is major buildings being built around the world right now. As Conservatives, you should get a little irritated by what you see. Liberals are too preoccupied with happy happy joyness, its pointless showing this to them, but I'm betting the Conservatives will appreciate this much more. Take a look, don't freak out and yell at me, just think about it a bit. Even you Kathianne. Can you see America's future?

Hey, my dear. I'm from Chicago, land of the BIG FREEKIN' BUILDINGS Do you really think that would upset me? Sorry, NOT! I don't collect the rents. :confused:

That's not really the point I was trying to make, but yes there are many tall buildings in Chi'CAH'go. I even know that the Sears Tower is actually taller then the Petronas towers by floor height. The Malaysians cheated. So there.
Kathianne said:
Hey, my dear. I'm from Chicago, land of the BIG FREEKIN' BUILDINGS Do you really think that would upset me? Sorry, NOT! I don't collect the rents. :confused:

smirkinjesus said:
That's not really the point I was trying to make, but yes there are many tall buildings in Chi'CAH'go. I even know that the Sears Tower is actually taller then the Petronas towers by floor height. The Malaysians cheated. So there.

Are we supposed to cringe at that. Sorry.

Oh, I wasn't trying to make you cringe, just think a little that's all.

Kathianne said:
Are we supposed to cringe at that. Sorry.

smirkinjesus said:

Sorry, they lost my interest when they couldn't 'find' Sears Tower' in Chicago IL USA. d'oh!

smirkinjesus said:
Oh, I wasn't trying to make you cringe, just think a little that's all.

This is rhetorical, but do you really think, I think?

smirkinjesus said:

I love the pics but let's also get back to some perspective based upon hard facts.

The whole point behind building these monstrous towers is to be impressive and inspire respect among their key development zones. Massive state sponsored spending is behind this developement and the billions who contribute are getting shafted.

Take the two most heavily state subsidized zones of developement in China, Beijing and Shanghai.

http://www.brook.edu/dybdocroot/views/op-ed/lardy/19980205.htm

Shanghai:
~55 Million square feet of commericial office space.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3543419.stm

Beijing:
50 Million square feet of commericial office space

Then Denver beats either at 69 M. and that's not saying much for China.

Some 100-200 more sq/feeet and all of China can lick NYC balls,

http://www.commuterpage.com/ACCS/capserv.htm

NYC: Total office space = 466 M. sq/feet.

This is why Commies suck. Take a billion people and redirect their wealth into a few more unoccupied towers and you still can't beat NYC, China.

Fucking Commies, always buiding something that is so wastefull and outside of supply/demand economies and then it's all impressive just because we're not dumb enough to do it with our own money.

North Korea mastered this art, the Arc de Triumph is bigger than in Paris.

Arc de Triumph? WTF? And it's an exact copy of the same in France, just more big, WOW!

Anyway, these are more wastefull examples of massive state driven by a few executives of the state and this is all so unimpressive because NYC still kicks their ass, alone.

And the thing that would make me really mad, if I was Chinese, is that you can't live in these ultra-sleek modern little Denvers without some special permit, and so you're just a wanker and you get shafted.

China isn't ready to step up to the plate and they know they aren't.

Look, The fact that so many have been built anywhere is indeed interesting. Certainly to me, this is what my job was for over a decade...build skyscrapers.

However, it's a bit disingenuous to portray the majority as "foreign" or of concern to the US...who the heck do you think designs them? Builds them? Develops them? Leases them? Finances them?

Most of these buildings included American involvement. Who cares where they are built??

What is the big deal about China building skyscrapers? Am I missing some important fact? The Asians are competitive and each country keeps trying to "out do" the other. I have been to Petronas Towers. So there! :sleep: :sleep:

freeandfun1 said:
What is the big deal about China building skyscrapers? Am I missing some important fact? The Asians are competitive and each country keeps trying to "out do" the other. I have been to Petronas Towers. So there! :sleep: :sleep:

Because they are not geared to make use of them, and yet create them as grandious project of waste at the cost of their citizens.

Then they limit immigration into them.

And then after all that up to today, NYC alone still outstripps of their prestige projects and almost doubles the office space in all of China.

And while the original post was supposed to make America shake in fear I'm back to hard numbers, and literally laughing at China's earthshattering achievements via one or two huge erections a month.

If such developement is aimed at the conservative base I suppose we can ask my Liberals will put a stop to it.

Then again, when they put enough of these up to match NYC alone in a few years we throw in Chicago and let them squirm and waste even more money on giant professional offices which I'm sure needs professionals to work there.

Did I mention Denver alone beats out any other city in China?

Did I say NYC has more office space than all of China?

Why is their attempts even scary?

Tall buildings can be signs of power, or they can mask decaying societies. What we have in the U.S. is a Tower of Babel: All the races speaking different tongues, and nobody getting along.

Wooptee. So they make a little scratch with slave labor. That's nothing compared to the power of individual liberty.

Forum List

Back