Since things are so bad, what have you done to prepare?

slackjawed

Self deported
Sep 27, 2008
15th congressional district of Arizona
My question goes out to "the end is near" crowd on this board.

What are you doing or have you done to prepare for your worst fears?

The question is non-partisan and goes out to everyone regardless of political affiliation. This is not a debate about bush or obama or harry reid. This is about the personal choices you have made to protect yourself and your family and to preserve your lifestyle.

Do you have a plan in place? Not a plan to arm yourself and shoot your fellow countrymen, but a real plan to protect yourself and your family.

If you believe the government can protect you, are you working to support the leaders and legislation you support and see as needed to preserve your way of life?

If you believe the government is the problem, what have you done to protect yourself and your family?

Do you have a secure defendable location for your family? Is it stocked with food? Do you have a supply of water? How about power?

Have you and your family learned the skills needed to survive on your own? What is your family able to do for themselves; grow or hunt food? Gather materials and fabricate clothing?

Are you healthy? Have you taken care of your health?

Do you have a plan?

I see several on both sides claiming the end is near, as I am sure you all have seen.

Have these people taken steps to protect themselves against those fears, or is it all hot air?

Like I said, I see a lot of folks on this message board that seem convinced that times are gonna get real tough. So far the only thing I have observed those people saying that indicates any type of preparation is to arm themselves to shoot their fellow citizens.

Well…..then what?

Good health,large garden,beefers in the front pasture, large pond and stream , wood for heat ,fairly good hunter,as long as we are not actually attacked we should be good to go.The problem is if things get that bad,what we have will make us a target.

Food: 10 cases of Twinkies, they never go bad
Water: 30 cases of cheap beer, it will become the new currency
Protection: A big stick with a nail in it

If civilization collapses, I'm not that eager to survive as either a serf/slave or prey to gangs of looters/cannibals.

I'll put a corkscrew and some glasses in the wine cellar; that's about as much prep as I care to perform.

You will be assimilated.

Your finances will be controlled. Try living without the ability to buy or sell anything.

A gun won't help you.

I won't be alive to see it. Thank God. It will be a horrible life you will lead serving the one-world government. Everyone will have the same as everyone else. No self-determination.

And you will have made it possible by voting for our elitist ruling class.

Nice responses so far.
A couple that have actually thought about it, a couple that apparantly see no real threat and one who has given up to despair.

I will note however that the ones I see posting in other threads about the end coming and armed rebellion ect have not responded.

Thanks to all who have responded and since it appears you are all sincere, rep for all from me.

I'm just gonna hang around in here and take my lead from Truthmatters when the time comes. That ought to do the trick, don't you think?

I agree....she will know what to do.
I'm sure she has all the government hotline phone numbers of who to call to have stuff
delivered like free food and medicine and stuff like that when the World is on the brink.

After all that is what big government is all about.

Not doing anything in particular to prepare.

IF it does all fall apart, my plan is to ambush those who have hoarded great stash's of food and take theirs. Their stash makes them immobile and that makes them an easy take down. But, I will be a gentleman about it and offer up a prayer of thanks for their diligence as my family and I enjoy their hoarded goodies.

And..yes..I'm deadly serious.

The question is non-partisan and goes out to everyone regardless of political affiliation. This is not a debate about bush or obama or harry reid. This is about the personal choices you have made to protect yourself and your family and to preserve your lifestyle.

Do you have a plan in place? Not a plan to arm yourself and shoot your fellow countrymen, but a real plan to protect yourself and your family.

If you believe the government can protect you, are you working to support the leaders and legislation you support and see as needed to preserve your way of life?

If you believe the government is the problem, what have you done to protect yourself and your family?

Do you have a secure defendable location for your family? Is it stocked with food? Do you have a supply of water? How about power?

Have you and your family learned the skills needed to survive on your own? What is your family able to do for themselves; grow or hunt food? Gather materials and fabricate clothing?

Do you have a plan?

I see several on both sides claiming the end is near, as I am sure you all have seen.

Have these people taken steps to protect themselves against those fears, or is it all hot air?

Like I said, I see a lot of folks on this message board that seem convinced that times are gonna get real tough. So far the only thing I have observed those people saying that indicates any type of preparation is to arm themselves to shoot their fellow citizens.

Well…..then what?

I read a lot...knowledge is power.

Want to read a great book?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Modern-Survival-Manual-Surviving-Economic/dp/9870563457"]The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse: Fernando Ferfal Aguirre: 9789870563457: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse

Not much bug out bag, living in a cave or shooting it out with the government.

Just advice from a man with first hand experience of surviving the economic collapse of Argentina.

The book has 170 reviews on Amazon...go have a look.

Last edited:

Do you have a plan?

Well…..then what?

You're asking a lot of questions that are really NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS.

REAL "preppers" don't publish their plans, and don't disclose what they have and where they have it.

That's why the morons on the TV "prepper" shows are either not REAL preppers, or they are pretenders and idiots who decided it was OK to advertise to millions of TV viewers the "who, what, when, where, why, and how" of their preparations.

IF it does all fall apart, my plan is to ambush those who have hoarded great stash's of food and take theirs. Their stash makes them immobile and that makes them an easy take down. But, I will be a gentleman about it and offer up a prayer of thanks for their diligence as my family and I enjoy their hoarded goodies.

Great plan, but you won't get anywhere close to a REAL prepper's compound. You'll end up as fertilizer for their huge garden (planted using heirloom seeds, of course).

oldguy1_zps7f28f58b-1_zps6d2e4ec9.jpg

:badgrin::D:lol::lol::D:badgrin:

Forum List

Back