Since Palin sounds like a compulsive liar...

NO, I don't know anything about andrew sullivan but that's why I included a full-length example (second quote) in the OP. Her words don't add up. That's how she sounds, every time I hear her talk.

I argue issues when the candidates in question are honorable, like Obama v McCain. I point out character flaws like compulsive lying when it seems appropriate. Palin sounds like bad news from start to finish.

Sure, being a "filthy" nonstop liar must explain her own success in Alaska -its because Alaskans love being lied to time and again, right? Just admit it -you don't like Palin because she isn't the kind of woman you want to see on a Presidential ticket and sure not on a Republican ticket. You don't want a personable woman, extremely popular among her own constituents who is successful in politics and defies everything you want to believe as a feminist or what it takes to be successful as a woman. She isn't HILLARY, she isn't Geraldine Ferraro, she isn't Pelosi -and thank God for that.

Palin is not "evil" incarnate and could not have EVER gotten ahead in her political career by relying on LIES -she did it by PRODUCING. If Palin was "lying" about her record as governor, it would be Alaskans themselves insisting it wasn't true. Not national political enemies inserting themselves into by putting their OWN spin on it.

there have been a lot of things claimed that Palin said that she never did
and sullivan hit on most of them

Why don't we take them one at a time.

Palin wanted the earmarks for the bridge. Alaska loobied for the money and got it, and sara is on record saying that this was a good thing.

Then it blew up in WA, and AK kept the money for other projects.

In you opinion, is it honest, forthright, respectable, good and honorable for Palin to present her position as "I said to congress thanks, but no thanks, to that bridge to nowhere."

?

Lie or no lie. THen we'll move on to #2.

Why don't we take them one at a time.

Palin wanted the earmarks for the bridge. Alaska loobied for the money and got it, and sara is on record saying that this was a good thing.

Then it blew up in WA, and AK kept the money for other projects.

In you opinion, is it honest, forthright, respectable, good and honorable for Palin to present her position as "I said to congress thanks, but no thanks, to that bridge to nowhere."

?

Lie or no lie. THen we'll move on to #2.
that is not exactly how it was
and i think you know that, so, i'm confused as to why you would state it that way unless you were trying to make it into something it isnt

State it as you understand it, because that's how I understand it.

She wanted the money, then she kept the money, and she spent it on other stuff and claimed she never wanted the money.

How do you understand it?

State it as you understand it, because that's how I understand it.

She wanted the money, then she kept the money, and she spent it on other stuff and claimed she never wanted the money.

How do you understand it?
she wanted to build the bridge, then it became too expensive and they decided it was wiser to use the money for other needed highway projects that would benefit more Alaskans

not quite the spin you understand it to be

Where is that info please? I have not heard that it "was too expensive" and I don't understand how this equates to her saying thanks bu no thanks when she took the money under the name of the bridge project. ie it is still a lie.

Where is that info please? I have not heard that it "was too expensive" and I don't understand how this equates to her saying thanks bu no thanks when she took the money under the name of the bridge project. ie it is still a lie.
the price kept rising(like most government projects) because of new info coming in about the size of the traffic that would need to pass under the bridge
the higher they needed to make the bridge, the more expensive it got
to the point it wasnt financially viable
thats why the money was shifted to other projects

btw, this is not an unknown thing to be done with earmarked money
thats why i oppose earmarlks on principle
i still believe that if a project is a worthy one, it should be voted on on its OWN merits only and not in with other issues

Last edited:
the price kept rising(like most government projects) because of new info coming in about the size of the traffic that would need to pass under the bridge
the higher they needed to make the bridge, the more expensive it got
to the point it wasnt financially viable
thats why the money was shifted to other projects

btw, this is not an unknown thing to be done with earmarked money
thats why i oppose earmarlks on principle
i still believe that if a project is a worthy one, it should be voted on on its OWN merits only and not in with other issues

Alright, so she asked for a bridge to nowhere, got the money, and decided that the bridge shouldn't be built after all.

So she said thanks for the money, but I decided to use it elsewhere.

Is that accurate?

I'm good with that.

DO you see how this is misrepresented by her saying "Thanks but no thanks on that bridge to nowhere" - it is a lie.

Alright, so she asked for a bridge to nowhere, got the money, and decided that the bridge shouldn't be built after all.

So she said thanks for the money, but I decided to use it elsewhere.

Is that accurate?

I'm good with that.

DO you see how this is misrepresented by her saying "Thanks but no thanks on that bridge to nowhere" - it is a lie.
i know its funny to call it "the bridge to nowhere" but it really is insulting to those people that live there
since there have been bridges built in this country that really DO go to no where(not even a road to either side)
it was a bridge that someone wanted, but when all things were considered it was too high a price for so small a population

and its not a lie, because that IS what she said

i know its funny to call it "the bridge to nowhere" but it really is insulting to those people that live there
since there have been bridges built in this country that really DO go to no where(not even a road to either side)
it was a bridge that someone wanted, but when all things were considered it was too high a price for so small a population

and its not a lie, because that IS what she said

top.gif

facts are not spin
but i know you use spin and think they are facts
so, i guess you are what you call others

HaHa, you pussy moron Divecon!

You accidentally hit the "approve" option when you tried your pussy ass chickenshit of neg repping me!

What an idiot!
meh, i made an error
oh well, you got luky this time
you are still a moron

Palin lied when she said she didn't support the bridge to nowhere, she lied when she said she didn't request earmarks, and she lied when she said no one in her administration had ever contacted the Public Safety Department about Troopergate. She does seem to lie with great ease. It is a little frightening.

Palin lied when she said she didn't support the bridge to nowhere, she lied when she said she didn't request earmarks, and she lied when she said no one in her administration had ever contacted the Public Safety Department about Troopergate. She does seem to lie with great ease. It is a little frightening.
coming from someone that spreads lies as much as you do, i dont think too many will take your word for anything, kirk

i kinda doubt they are
but i didnt think you were actually expecting an answer to what could be seen as a clear joke

AH, as you told Unknown, LIGHTEN UP!

Sometimes you just have to laugh, you're getting too worked up over this.

What other lies are on there, since I'm not up on all this Palin love/hate thing.

I think it's fair to both sides to have the truth, be it dem or repub., don't you dive?

coming from someone that spreads lies as much as you do, i dont think too many will take your word for anything, kirk

Chris Wallace exposes Palin's lies on this video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viC6KtGI-P4]YouTube - Chris Wallace Exposes McCain/Palin Lies[/ame]

Have you been drinking?

Forum List

Back