Since Palin sounds like a compulsive liar...

Caligirl

Oh yes it is too!
Aug 25, 2008
I thought I'd post Andrew Sullivan's list of her lies. You can surf from the link to more information about any of these lies.

- She has lied about the Bridge To Nowhere. She ran for office favoring it, wore a sweatshirt defending it, and only gave it up when the federal congress, Senator McCain in particular, went ballistic. She kept the money anyway and favors funding Don Young's Way, at twice the cost of the original bridge.

- She has lied about her firing of the town librarian and police chief of Wasilla, Alaska.

- She has lied about pressure on Alaska's public safety commissioner to fire her ex-brother-in-law.

- She has lied about her previous statements on climate change.

- She has lied about Alaska's contribution to America's oil and gas production.

- She has lied about when she asked her daughters for their permission for her to run for vice-president.

- She has lied about the actual progress in constructing a natural gas pipeline from Alaska.

- She has lied about Obama's position on habeas corpus.

- She has lied about her alleged tolerance of homosexuality.

- She has lied about the use or non-use of a TelePrompter at the St Paul convention.

- She has lied about her alleged pay-cut as mayor of Wasilla.

- She has lied about what Alaska's state scientists concluded about the health of the polar bear population in Alaska.

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

She lies for convenience at the drop of a hat. It is bizarre to see a compulsive liar in action.

Here's an example:

Okay, let's run through this again. Here's the official tick-tock of the Palin announcement from the McCain campaign back in August:

"At approximately 11:00 a.m. Thursday August 28, 2008, John McCain formally invited Governor Sarah Palin to join the Republican ticket as the vice presidential nominee on the deck of the McCain family home.

"Later that morning, John McCain departed for Phoenix and Governor Palin departed with staff to Flagstaff, Arizona. Governor Palin, Kris Perry, Steve Schmidt and Mark Salter proceeded to the Manchester Inn and Conference Center in Middletown, Ohio. They were checked into the hotel as the Upton Family. While there, Governor Palin's children, who had been told they were going to Ohio to celebrate their parents' wedding anniversary, were told for the first time that their mother would be a nominee for Vice President of the United States of America.

Here is Palin's latest version of the story to Hannity last night in context:

PALIN: Well, I found out about the actual selection just a couple days before you guys all did. Getting that nod was quite an experience, of course, because I knew that Senator McCain and his team had been doing a heck of a lot of research and vetting of many names.

But according to the McCain campaign, it was not "a couple days" between her being asked and our finding out. It was one day. She was asked 11 am on Thursday and the pick became public Friday morning: one day. Moreover, Todd Palin insisted in an earlier interview that during that one day between the nod and the announcement, the girls were kept totally in the dark:

So this was Thursday morning. I wake them up at 5:00 o'clock in the morning, and I said, OK, hey, we're going on a surprise trip to celebrate your mom and I's anniversary, 20th anniversary. So give me your cell phones. Well, why do you want my cell phone? Because I know you're going to call people, and you might call mom and ask what's going on. So I said, Give me your cell phones. If there's any questions -- whoever wants to ask questions is going to stay at Grandma's house, so who's going?

So they gave me all their cell phones. And so later that day, Sarah called me -- or that morning, Sarah called me and then we were on a plane south.
Look: Palin can't have taken the "two days" between McCain's offer and the announcement to get the girls to vote on the question because a) it was one day, not two and b) because her husband and the McCain campaogn have already told us they were kept totally in the dark in the period after their mother had accepted McCain's offer. There was no time for them to vote and no vote could have been offered. My generous supposition that this conversation might have taken place as hypothetical at some point much earlier turns out to be incorrect.

I know this is trivial, but the point is that there is a very powerful pattern here of Sarah Palin's difficulty with telling the truth. Here we have some clear facts and chronology about events in the public record that happened only a couple of weeks ago and Sarah Palin's stories are hopelessly contradictory. This is a pattern. She seems to have imagined a conversation that could not have taken place.

And the other weird detail, of course, is her dismissal of Track's views because he would be in Iraq "doing his thing." In fact, an active duty soldier would have plenty of reason to be consulted about the possibility of his mother becoming vice-president. It could compromise his ability to blend in, require possible extra security protection, and perhaps jeopardize his chance to be in combat. Think Prince Harry or McCain's sons whom he wisely keeps very much in the background.

I'm not anti McCain, just strongly anti-Palin. When I listen to her, I get huge red flags. She sounds like a compulsive liar!

Last edited:
It's linked at the link.

She lies. Compulsively. It's pretty obvious, but I referenced it for people who don't see it.

Don't waste your font. The true believer will continue to believe even when all the data shows he/she is wrong.

It's called : blind faith.

Ya but it is nice and handy to have a compiled list of her lies. I'm googling now for more recent ones.

And divecon's OK, as far as I am concerned.

She reminds me of all that is bad in Bush, and some Cheney thrown in for good measure. Here's some comment from today's news kerfuffle:

Dick Cheney has spent the past eight years, perhaps more, remaking the vice presidency of the United States of America. He has led the way towards establishing a "unitary executive" and has worked in many ways to expand the powers of the Executive Branch of the U.S. government. No vice president before him has wielded power in the same way or to the same extent. For most observers the first clue of this came in 2001 with Cheney's creation of a secret energy task force.

A few months from now, Cheney presumably will hand over the office of VP to a new occupant. The GOP's candidate for that office, Sarah Palin, appears to be another politician committed to secrecy and central control, judging by her record in Alaska and her campaign thus far for the vice presidency.

New evidence of Palin's approach was reported by the Associated Press today, regarding her press "availability" (or non-availability) when visiting the United Nations and meeting foreign leaders for the first time:

Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, who has not held a press conference in nearly four weeks of campaigning, initially barred reporters from her first meetings with world leaders Tuesday ... At first, campaign aides told the TV producer, print and news agency reporters in the press pool ... that they would not be admitted ...

http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/analysis/465

I completely agree that she is all for non-transparency, has no trouble lying, and pushes an agenda before adhering to evidence, as I've posted over recent weeks.

Last edited:
Andrew Sullivan is a deranged child stalker. He's never gotten off of the Trig-is-Bristol's-Baby smear and was chasing it a week after it was debunked.

I thought I'd post Andrew Sullivan's list of her lies. You can surf from the link to more information about any of these lies.

Might want to compare this list of "lies" with Palin Rumors | Explorations

Amazing how many of these so-called "lies" ended up there as proven false RUMORS. Andrew Sullivan isn't interested in whether there is any truth to what he claims -because it doesn't serve his political agenda in the first place.

And what raises red flags for ME is when a candidate's political supporters don't try to sway opinion by convincing others that their candidate has the superior positions and why -and instead rely on mere character assassination and rumor mongering to try and sway opinion instead.

If political supporters of one candidate really believed their candidate's positions and polices were superior to the other guy's, they would make their argument based on that -and not waste their time on character assassination and rumor mongering, would they? The fact they have done nothing BUT character assassination, lie and smear Palin instead - means something. It means they know they can't win an argument based on issues in the first place and can only win by means of smears and lies. Duh.

The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

She lies for convenience at the drop of a hat. It is bizarre to see a compulsive liar in action.

Here's an example:

I'm not anti McCain, just strongly anti-Palin. When I listen to her, I get huge red flags. She sounds like a compulsive liar!

Let me guess. You are not going to vote for her right?

Amazing how many of these so-called "lies" ended up there as proven false RUMORS. Andrew Sullivan isn't interested in whether there is any truth to what he claims -because it doesn't serve his political agenda in the first place.

And what raises red flags for ME is when a candidate's political supporters don't try to sway opinion by convincing others that their candidate has the superior positions and why -and instead rely on mere character assassination and rumor mongering to try and sway opinion instead.

If political supporters of one candidate really believed their candidate's positions and polices were superior to the other guy's, they would make their argument based on that -and not waste their time on character assassination and rumor mongering, would they? The fact they have done nothing BUT character assassination, lie and smear Palin instead - means something. It means they know they can't win an argument based on issues in the first place and can only win by means of smears and lies. Duh.
wow, thats a substatial list he has

NO, I don't know anything about andrew sullivan but that's why I included a full-length example (second quote) in the OP. Her words don't add up. That's how she sounds, every time I hear her talk.

I argue issues when the candidates in question are honorable, like Obama v McCain. I point out character flaws like compulsive lying when it seems appropriate. Palin sounds like bad news from start to finish.

Last edited:
i guess you have no clue who andrew sullivan is

:rolleyes:

LOL -what makes you think he was ever interested in knowing whether Sullivan even had any credibility with ANYONE anyway? The guy is known for his rumor mongering and insisting all sorts of lies are "fact" and has been for years now.

It is a sad fact that way too many people in this country make it so clear they cannot possibly engage in intelligent discussion of the issues or explain why they support certain positions and why they do not support other positions. I can tell anyone here why I support McCain's economic positions over Obama's. Why I support McCain's foreign policy positions over those of Obama's. Why I do not support either candidate's position on illegal immigration. Why I do not support Obama's healthcare position, why I think his policies would bring us to recession and if he gets two terms, why we'd be in a depression.

Which means the fact that Palin's husband didn't register to vote until he was 25 or once got a DWI more than 20 years ago -doesn't mean SQUAT to me. And shouldn't to anyone else with a brain. The amount of time and space used by those devoted to doing nothing but smearing, distorting, spinning or outright lying about Palin's record when it is readily available on FACTUAL sites for anyone with a brain -is truly just sad.

A factual site doesn't tell you just some of the facts while omitting other vital facts. A factual site NEVER tells you what the author thinks about those facts. It just relays the facts and then YOU get to decide what you think about those facts -without ever once even being able to tell what the author personally thinks about those facts. If you can tell what the author thinks about it -then it is OPINION and not "fact". Sheesh -don't our public schools teach how to tell the difference between "fact" and "opinion" anymore? Getting tired of people posting links to someone's OPINION and pretending it is "fact".

It is Sullivan's OPINION that Palin lied -that he has this opinion doesn't turn it into "fact" or mean she DID lie. But the FULL FACTS show Sullivan is HIMSELF merely repeating what has been already been proven to be lies. Which makes him the liar here for still repeating them - not Palin.

NO, I don't know anything about andrew sullivan but that's why I included a full-length example (second quote) in the OP. Her words don't add up. That's how she sounds, every time I hear her talk.

I argue issues when the candidates in question are honorable, like Obama v McCain. I point out character flaws like compulsive lying when it seems appropriate. Palin sounds like bad news from start to finish.
there have been a lot of things claimed that Palin said that she never did
and sullivan hit on most of them

Forum List

Back