Since Faith is a Gift

• Banned
I disagree. I have it. I haven't maintained it. I still believe in God. I don't go to church, I pray when I remember to. What would I need to do to lose it?

I disagree. I have it. I haven't maintained it. I still believe in God. I don't go to church, I pray when I remember to. What would I need to do to lose it?

Well, if you don't reinforce your faith by practicing it, then there is a possibility of something happening which shakes your faith.

And........it doesn't have to be a major event either.

• Banned

Well, if you don't reinforce your faith by practicing it, then there is a possibility of something happening which shakes your faith.

And........it doesn't have to be a major event either.

Who do you think got me through all the major events? I've had a hell life. Literal. From womb to not-yet-tomb. My marriage summarily exploded in 2008, and I landed on my sister's doorstep with the clothes on my back. Nobody could ever accuse me of being sheltered.

Those events have made my faith stronger.

Last edited:
And many, many people were not so blessed - I just don't think it's logical to think that if they didn't get that gift, they're going to hell.

/discuss

As a high school student, I and my two best friends, a Jew and a Native American, went to a Billy Graham festival in Shea Stadium.

The place was packed. At the end of Graham's speech, people were invited to come to the stage to "surrender themselves to Jesus". All these people got up as if in a trance and walked to the stage. Curious, we went too.

There was a large coterie of Chrisitans available to testify and convert us. We got into a conversation with one fellow, and I, (still a practicing Catholic), argued with him. I couldn't understand why my friends, a Jew, and a Native American, would go to hell no matter how well they behaved in life because neither would "take JC as their personal savior."

My views of evangelicism were influenced by that experience. It still makes zero sense to me.

Atheism is a gift too. “No God? No problem. Be good for goodness’ sake.”

What good is virtue, atheists ask, if it is done for the reward of heaven? Isn’t there something more noble and real about goodness that is not done “for credit”? Isn’t goodness actually robbed of its essential character when it is really only a mask for self-interest?

Last edited:
Funny, I don't know either. I'm betting he had as much to say on that subject as he did homosexuality.

... Wait. Is he the one who said it's easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? - he still didn't say "So he's going to hell."

What are Jesus's quotes about hell?

I have no idea. Does he have any?

Carton Pearson seems to have a rather unique view as far as Yeshua and hell are concerned......

The Gospel of Inclusion is the exciting and liberating news that in the finished work of the cross, Jesus redeemed the entire world to God from the cosmic and organic sin imposed upon it by Adam, the original man. In effect, the world is already saved, they just don't know it; and, unfortunately, most Christians don't believe it. First Timothy 4:9-10 says, "...we have put our trust in the living God who is the Savior of all men, and especially those who believe." Jesus did not just die for Christians, He died to redeem, reconcile, and ultimately save the Cosmos.

Jesus was not a Christian, He was a Jew. God, however, is Spirit and cannot be confined exclusively to any particular religion including Christianity. He's not Jewish or Christian or Hindu or Buddhist; yet, He is all of that if we want or need Him to be, while at the same time, none of it conclusively, because He can't be and, in fact, is not limited to a person's or culture's perception of Him.

He loves everybody, He understands everybody, and He has a covenant with everybody-again, whether they know it or not.

Every human being in the history of the planet was created in the image and likeness of God. Anything else is an impersonation. God sees Himself in everybody, in every belief system, in every icon, perhaps even the devil. The devil can't subsist on his own. He came from God, has a specific assignment, and carries it out well.

Read more: Carlton Pearson's Gospel of Inclusion says Jesus saves all Christians and non-Christians -salvation heaven universalism - Beliefnet.com

Me personally? I like the vibe. However, he's been kicked out of his own community and is no longer a regent at Oral Robert's University because of this.

But..........didn't even Yeshua work on the Sabbath?

Now was he using it metaphorically?

Or since it was second hand quotes he may have been misquoted about many things.

You know..........considering that the Bible has been retranslated and rewritten so many times, it is not only possible that Yeshua may be misquoted in todays versions, but I find it almost certain.

Telephone is bad enough in 1 language, but going from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English?

You've gotta be joking if you think it's "accurate".

Forum List

Back