Since Alex Smith broke his leg today, the skins have a good chance of winning the division

McCoy is a journeyman QB
Smith is not great, but he knows how to win
Redskins won't win with McCoy

McCoy has been in the system as a backup for multiple years. His skill set is far closer to Cousins in style if not in quality. Smith is neither mobile nor an above average downfield passer.

The Redskins haven’t been Winning with Smith either. They’ve been surviving against teams even less interested/capable of Winning than themselves. Nothing more. Couldn’t beat Atlanta, Houston or Indy; none of whom are quality teams. Shouldn’t have bothered to show up for the game against the Saints - oh, that’s right - they DIDN’T show up against New Orleans.

Colt McCoy is a much better QB than Alex smith on top of being a mobile QB

This is probably the first thing we’ve ever agreed on. As a Redskins fan, I truly hope to NEVER see Alex Smith in burgundy and gold again. McCoy isn’t the long term answer but he should be better able to run the offense than Smith ever was.
Smith had them in first place

Something McCoy has never done

You mean the defense and running game
McCoy is a journeyman QB
Whats the diff righty my friend ?If they get into the playoffs they go down in first round
Agree

But their chance of winning the division drops significantly with McCoy
Skins play at Dallas on Thanksgiving

This is probably the first thing we’ve ever agreed on. As a Redskins fan, I truly hope to NEVER see Alex Smith in burgundy and gold again. McCoy isn’t the long term answer but he should be better able to run the offense than Smith ever was.
Smith had them in first place

Something McCoy has never done

You mean the defense and running game
McCoy is a journeyman QB
Whats the diff righty my friend ?If they get into the playoffs they go down in first round
Agree

Love to see em beat Jones

Agree

Winning or losing the Division isn’t a big deal. They weren’t going anywhere in the playoffs with either quarterback.

McCoy let’s the coaches run their offense and at least see who can or can’t play in that system.

McCoy is a journeyman QB

McCoy has been in the system as a backup for multiple years. His skill set is far closer to Cousins in style if not in quality. Smith is neither mobile nor an above average downfield passer.

The Redskins haven’t been Winning with Smith either. They’ve been surviving against teams even less interested/capable of Winning than themselves. Nothing more. Couldn’t beat Atlanta, Houston or Indy; none of whom are quality teams. Shouldn’t have bothered to show up for the game against the Saints - oh, that’s right - they DIDN’T show up against New Orleans.

Alex Smith had a 70 yard run last year. Not mobile? Smith has had a 22 yard run this year. That's longer than Colt McCoy has ever run in the NFL.

Houston has now won 7 in a row and has a better record than all but 2 NFC teams. Indianapolis has now won 4 in a row and scored 29 or more points in 8 of 10 games. They may not be the best in the league, but neither or those teams is a pushover by any means.

McCoy may work better in the Skins system, but you are being a bit overly dismissive of Alex Smith and his abilities.

McCoy is a journeyman QB

Alex Smith had a 70 yard run last year. Not mobile? Smith has had a 22 yard run this year. That's longer than Colt McCoy has ever run in the NFL.

Houston has now won 7 in a row and has a better record than all but 2 NFC teams. Indianapolis has now won 4 in a row and scored 29 or more points in 8 of 10 games. They may not be the best in the league, but neither or those teams is a pushover by any means.

McCoy may work better in the Skins system, but you are being a bit overly dismissive of Alex Smith and his abilities.
You forgot Giants have won 2 in a row

Agree

Winning or losing the Division isn’t a big deal. They weren’t going anywhere in the playoffs with either quarterback.

McCoy let’s the coaches run their offense and at least see who can or can’t play in that system.

To the Skins
Winning the division is a big deal
They haven't won much in the last few years

Alex Smith has shown me absolutely nothing in a Redskinns uniform. I don’t care what he’s done in the past. I don’t care what he’ll do after he leaves DC. I don’t see him as a QB who could take the Redskins to the Siper Bowl.

Obviously nobody is doing that this year, but I don’t see him being able to do it any year. Washington would/will be better off with a young QB to build around than either Smith or McCoy; but until then I prefer to see McCoy under center.

McCoy is a journeyman QB

I didn't forget, he didn't mention the Giants. :) Besides, the Giants barely beat the 49ers and Bucs. :p

McCoy is a journeyman QB

I didn't forget, he didn't mention the Giants. :) Besides, the Giants barely beat the 49ers and Bucs. :p
I know tongue in cheek ,,,, Giants stink too Need a new QB too

Alex Smith has shown me absolutely nothing in a Redskinns uniform. I don’t care what he’s done in the past. I don’t care what he’ll do after he leaves DC. I don’t see him as a QB who could take the Redskins to the Siper Bowl.

Obviously nobody is doing that this year, but I don’t see him being able to do it any year. Washington would/will be better off with a young QB to build around than either Smith or McCoy; but until then I prefer to see McCoy under center.
Redskins are not going to the Superbowl
They are barely a .500 team

Redskins are not going to the Superbowl. They are barely a .500 team

Obviously. I stated that myself. My point is that if you gave me the choice of McCoy or Smith to try to take a team there, I’d pick McCoy. I’d prefer the team build around a young, quality QB from the draft, but they’re not bad enough to be in the running to get one this year.

33 years to the day that Joe Theismann got HIS leg broken.

Where is Rod Serling when you need him?

Redskins will never win as long as Dan Snyder owns the team

Forum List

Back