Sin City

suspiria

Jan 10, 2005
Great movie, best new movie I have seen in a long time, a nice fresh breath of air from the crap movies out there. I would recomend any one to go see it!!
Despite the fact tarintino was a guest director.

suspiria said:
Great movie, best new movie I have seen in a long time, a nice fresh breath of air from the crap movies out there. I would recomend any one to go see it!!
Despite the fact tarintino was a guest director.

I have been wanting to see this one. I guess it's worth it? Looks like a great popcorn flick.

Bonnie said:
I have been wanting to see this one. I guess it's worth it? Looks like a great popcorn flick.
its worth it Id go see it again

I'v really been looking fwd. to watch this movie, looks alot like the comic books, will defenitly watch it soon :thup:

I caught this last week.

I liked it a lot, but I felt the trailers were a little misleading to someone who never read the comic. I mean, this thing was REALLY violent, no? This is the first movie in a long time that made me turn away from the screen (when Bruce Willis takes the Yellow Bastard's "weapons" away from him).

But, that's not a complaint. Obviously the cinematography was awesome, but the story was really well-written and acted. Except for Brittany Murphy, who, for some reason, just seemed to be in a completely different movie. Her acting took me right out of the story, but luckily Clive Owen pulled me back in really quick, he was great. Even though they weren't given much to do, I'd say my favorite actors in this movie were Elijah Wood, Rosario Dawson, and Alexis Bliedel. Jessica Alba was good, too, but more than half of her role was just dancing in a strip club.

But, yeah, I'd say this is Robert Rodriguez's best work to date, I wish he would handle the sequels, but from what I've read, it looks like Frank Miller himself will be taking over as director, which may be just as good since he had so much input on this that Rodriguez gave him a "co-director" credit (Rodriguez resigned from the Director's Guild of America in order to do this, very honorable and ballsy, I think).

I really enjoyed Sin City. Most of my friends were shocked by the violence and what not, but, to me that sort of made the movie what it was - Sin City. All in all I thought it was very well done, and I will definitely add it to my movie selection.

I wouldn't say I was "shocked" by the violence, but I was a little surprised that it didn't come under more fire for the violence in it. I guess because it goes to such unrealistic extents, it wasn't considered anything to get up in arms about. Either way, I think you're right that the violence was an important part of the film. I'm sure if it wasn't Robert Rodriguez directing, the studio would've pushed harder for a PG-13, which would've definitely ruined the movie.

Oh, and, Mini, I'm starting a thread about Kid A as soon as I finish this one, so please come discuss it with me (I know, I'm about 5 years behind the times).

Forum List

Back