Simple questions - never answered.

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
The stereo-typical RWer wants to cut taxes and cut regulations and cut government but never suggests which taxes will be cut & the impact of such cuts; which regulations to eliminate and the impact of less oversight; and which government agencies to cut and the consequences of those cuts.

Probably because such a RWer doesn't think of the consequences. It's the tea party mentality, simple solutions to complex problems, and exactly why I find the new right to be populated by simple simons and simple susans.

In place of the usual personal attacks and idiotgrams is there anyone who plans to vote for a Sarah Palin type candidate whose considered the consequences? Or, as I suspect, is a vote for a tea party candidate nothing more than an emotional brain fart?

1. Cut capital gains to 5%.

2. No corporate income tax for the first 5 years of any new business

Effect: GDP doubles in 5 years

and employment and wages continue to decline.

Unemployment plummets to under 4%. Real income and wages increase

You Progressive keep shorting the US economy and get your asses handed to you whenever its allowed to work

And watch infinite shell corporations prevent anyone from ever paying anything- not that they do as-is.

How 'bout doing what we do for my and your income tax: make less than x and you're exempt (read: you get it back). Same effect for ma and pa, less potential for abuse

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
  • Banned

Simple solution, which benefits the few. Unless you believe the profit generated will trickle down.
Consider, corporate and industrial profits are today being used to influence elections more than in anytime past, not being used to hire the unemployed and expanding our economy. The spread between the wealthiest and the middle class is greater than at anytime but for the period before the '29 Crash.
The average middle-class American doesn't pay capital gains, his/her investments are generally in IRA's which are taxed as ordinary income when taken as retirement income and tax free when invested in a Roth.
Frank, you're not smart enough to be a wealthy person - unless you have inhertited wealth or are a drug dealer - so why do you believe what you believe?
[brainwashed** I suspect]
** maybe only a light rinse was required.

Simple solution, which benefits the few. Unless you believe the profit generated will trickle down.
Consider, corporate and industrial profits are today being used to influence elections more than in anytime past, not being used to hire the unemployed and expanding our economy. The spread between the wealthiest and the middle class is greater than at anytime but for the period before the '29 Crash.
The average middle-class American doesn't pay capital gains, his/her investments are generally in IRA's which are taxed as ordinary income when taken as retirement income and tax free when invested in a Roth.
Frank, you're not smart enough to be a wealthy person - unless you have inhertited wealth or are a drug dealer - so why do you believe what you believe?

It's so hard to discuss economics with someone who learned about the private sector from reading "Das Kaiital" or Paul Krugman.

I think it's pretty clear which of us has a grasp on the private sector and who has only lyrical knowledge about it.

And the impact on the federal debt?

All those tax cuts. What goes toward reducing debt?

You should know I'm for the wholesale closure of entire government departments including Fannie and Freddie, HUD, Department of Education.

It's so hard to discuss economics with someone who learned about the private sector from reading "Das Kaiital" or Paul Krugman.

I think it's pretty clear which of us has a grasp on the private sector and who has only lyrical knowledge about it.

Thanks for pointing out that I read, and have read articles by Krugman as well as excerpts from Dos Kapital (though I must have missed Das Kaital) as an undergrad, and most of the works of the 18th and 19th Century political theorists who influenced our founding fathers.
You, Frank, seem to post contemporary new right bull shit, which suggests your 'learning' has been from secondary sources, most or all of which might be classified as propagandists and members of the Ministry of Truth (those RW authors who choose to re-write history).

Thanks for pointing out that I read, and have read articles by Krugman as well as excerpts from Dos Kapital (though I must have missed Das Kaital) as an undergrad, and most of the works of the 18th and 19th Century political theorists who influenced our founding fathers.
You, Frank, seem to post contemporary new right bull shit, which suggests your 'learning' has been from secondary sources, most or all of which might be classified as propagandists and members of the Ministry of Truth (those RW authors who choose to re-write history).

LOL. You caught a typo. Good to see you're putting your time to productive use.

"Doubling the GDP" provides the critical hint you need to answer your question

GDP does not pay into our Federal Government. Our Federal Government is where the debt lies.

Wow.

Just wow.

OK, if you say so.

You should get the next Noble Prize in Economics, they like handing it to guys wrong out in the trillion column

Not that simple, Frank. Please explain your hypothesis on how "doubling the GDP" (a hypothesis in itself" is going to pay down our National Debt.

GDP does not pay into our Federal Government. Our Federal Government is where the debt lies.

Wow.

Just wow.

OK, if you say so.

You should get the next Noble Prize in Economics, they like handing it to guys wrong out in the trillion column

Not that simple, Frank. Please explain your hypothesis on how "doubling the GDP" (a hypothesis in itself" is going to pay down our National Debt.

OK.

If GDP is $10 and income tax is 10%, then treasury will collect approximately $1. With me so far?

If GDP doubles to $20 at the 10% tax rate, guess how much the treasury should collect?

Hint: $2.

See how that works?

Wow.

Just wow.

OK, if you say so.

OK.

If GDP is $10 and income tax is 10%, then treasury will collect approximately $1. With me so far?

If GDP doubles to $20 at the 10% tax rate, guess how much the treasury should collect?

Hint: $2.

See how that works?

I do. But with unemployment not impacted by your scenario, we will still be paying out more than we are taking in, and we will have lost the taxes on these new companies for 5 years.

Forum List

Back