Simple question for the right regarding taxes on the middle class.

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
Simple question:

How is it the right wing can simultaneously whine about

a) the lower 50% of income earners in the country not paying income tax

AND

b) supposed tax hikes on the middle class?

Would seem to me that precisely HALF of the middle class would be in the lower 50% of income earners. Unless Republicans are using a different meaning of "MIDDLE" than the rest of us, their position would seem to be a massive inconsistency.

Thoughts?

Simple question:

AND

Would seem to me that precisely HALF of the middle class would be in the lower 50% of income earners. Unless Republicans are using a different meaning of "MIDDLE" than the rest of us, their position would seem to be a massive inconsistency.

Thoughts?

No you guys are the ones that like to change the Definitions of who is in what class.

According to you anyone making over 250 is a Millionaire for gods sake.

lol

Simple question:

AND

Thoughts?

What happened? Did my explanation of the difference between tax credits and tax cuts drive you from the other thread? Are you aware that the Middle Class is defined by income, not by how many people are in it? Are you aware that the Bush tax cuts apply to people making less than $10,000 a year, which is below the middle class tax rate? Do you realize your question makes you look incredibly uninformed?

Simple question:

AND

Thoughts?

Are you going to present your threads as evidence of your diminished capacity?

Simple question:

AND

Thoughts?

No you guys are the ones that like to change the Definitions of who is in what class.

lol

No one said that. They are in the top 1%. Are you telling us they are middle class? If so you are mistaken.

Simple question:

AND

Thoughts?

lol

I never made such a statement, but hey, don't let facts get in the way of your marching orders.

Simple question:

AND

Thoughts?

What happened?
Nothing happened.
Did my explanation of the difference between tax credits and tax cuts drive you from the other thread?
YOU told me to ignore that post.

Are you aware that the Middle Class is defined by income, not by how many people are in it?
Are you aware of what the word "middle" means?

Last edited:
So it's not a simple question at all. It isn't even a question.

Its not a question?

AND

It appears more and more that the right wing is using a different version of the English language than the rest of us. One where words change their meaning as often as necessary to suit ideological ends. Apparently none of the "middle" class is even in the bottom 50% of income earners. I guess to the right wing, the "middle" class means the top 1%.

So it's not a simple question at all. It isn't even a question.

Its not a question?

AND

It appears more and more that the right wing is using a different version of the English language than the rest of us. One where words change their meaning as often as necessary to suit ideological ends. Apparently none of the "middle" class is even in the bottom 50% of income earners. I guess to the right wing, the "middle" class means the top 1%.

Rhetorical question - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, I am in the middle class. And I would like to see the tax structure under Clinton re-instated for all. Those of us that have been fortunate enough to have a good job during this downturn can afford it, and the people that have lost their jobs won't be paying it.

Simple question:

AND

Thoughts?

About 1/2 of the "middle class" falls into the no Fed Income Tax group, and 1/2 doesn't.. It's that simple. THe Bush tax cuts contributed greatly to both increasing the percentage of the folks that don't pay and reducing middle class tax burden..

What's the problem? do you need specific numbers? It's roughly 47% of filers pay NO Income Tax. And the "middle class" under $250K pays roughly 35% of all the Fed Income tax... If you want sharper numbers, look em up for yourself..

Simple question:

AND

Thoughts?

What happened?
Nothing happened.
Did my explanation of the difference between tax credits and tax cuts drive you from the other thread?
YOU told me to ignore that post.

Are you aware that the Middle Class is defined by income, not by how many people are in it?
Are you aware of what the word "middle" means?

I told you to ignore my question because you demonstrated an abysmal ignorance about the difference between a tax credit and a tax cut. I explained it in layman's terms, and you ignored that. Then a former IRS employee pops in and explains what the IRS says the difference is, and you call him wrong and stupid.

In terms of income middle class means that approximately in the US means you make between $40,000 to upwards of $100,000 depending on various factors. That is, normally, about 75% of Americans.

Well, I am in the middle class. And I would like to see the tax structure under Clinton re-instated for all. Those of us that have been fortunate enough to have a good job during this downturn can afford it, and the people that have lost their jobs won't be paying it.

You could voluntarily send all the money you think the government needs to them.

Stuttering clusterfuck of a miserable failure!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk]The Obama Stutter - YouTube[/ame]

Simple question:

AND

Thoughts?

lol

Actually, the middle class used to be defined by those that made 50,000/yr.

Today? It's dropped to between 48 and 49 thousand/yr.

Sorry, but if you make 250,000/yr or more? You're upper class.

Why do you think that the government has a right to more of your money? They throw it down a rat hole anyways...LIke the middle east and Africa.

I'd say that you could spend it better on yourself and family. Don't you think? Government doesn't handle the money going from the demander(you) to the supplier(market place) as effectively as you would. We should be helping Americans instead of the rest of the ungrateful world if we do tax more.

Last edited:

Why do you think that the government has a right to more of your money? They throw it down a rat hole anyways...LIke the middle east and Africa.

I'd say that you could spend it better on yourself and family. Don't you think? Government doesn't handle the money going from the demander(you) to the supplier(market place) as effectively as you would. We should be helping Americans instead of the rest of the ungrateful world if we do tax more.

Only if your family would contribute enough to keep the roads open and in good shape, bridges that won't collapse while driving over them, fire fighters and police officers that will keep us safe, as well as teachers who will educate our children. I will contribute the same.

See how easy that is? Now if we can get the rich to do as much.

Unless....................of course.................you've got a plan for living on your own, without using roads, never worrying about robbers or fire, as well as have a plan for educating your children to help them get jobs.

Oh wait................that's what government does.

Forum List

Back