Simon: Should Barack Obama Resign Tonight?...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Interesting article by Roger L. Simon.

I won’t hear what I’d like to hear at the presidential foreign policy debate Monday.

What I’d like to hear is Barack Obama resigning over Benghazi, the most extreme public mishandling of an attack on American personnel ever, certainly in my lifetime. If I (or most people) had been president and something like that happened on my (our) watch — and then I had lied about it myself while urging others to cover up — I would be so ashamed of myself I wouldn’t be able to come out in public.

But that’s not what happened. In fact, the reverse occurred. The president acted as if it was Mitt Romney’s fault for ever bringing the subject up. And he had a willing co-conspirator in the morally stunted Candy Crowley.

Obama’s outrage during the second debate even at being questioned on his response to the terrorist killings is one of the ugliest displays of narcissism I have ever witnessed from a politician and certainly the ugliest if you consider the ramifications of his behavior.

That the mainstream media ignored this reaction is a testament to their enduring pathology. Or perhaps to a secret longing for the divine right of kings.

But it doesn’t matter. If Barack Obama does not resign on Monday, his reputation will be destroyed forever, even if he wins a second term, because Benghazi will not go away.

This is not just because of the seemingly insoluble conundrums described so thoroughly by Watergate author (among other things) James Rosen in his Wall Street Journal oped — “The Three Benghazi Timelines We Need Answers About” — but for a reason yet more disturbing.

Only a man with a leftover undergraduate ambivalence about Western civilization would have dealt with the Benghazi catastrophe in such a fashion in the first place. Barack Obama responded to the terrorism like a Columbia junior stoned on a reefer, particularly one from his era. He took another toke and moved on. And then when he was told he couldn’t do that, he got angry at the people telling him.

How that will play out in Monday night’s debate, I have no idea (beyond my wish that he would resign and spare us any more of this)...

Read More:
Roger L. Simon » Should Barack Obama Resign Tonight?
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

If Bush did not resign after thousands of Americans were killed on US soil in one day, why should Obama resign?

Bingo, If Bush II did not step down after the mistakes, lies and fraud, waste and abuse in Iraq then im sorry to tell you, Obama aint gonna step down.

where do the Republicans come up with these crazy wing nut wet dreams. I swear.

Why would Obama or anyone else resign over this? Until we know whats been covered up and to what extent, I dont see why he would. Especially when we can vote him out in two weeks or vote him back in in two weeks. If we vote him out, it's a moot point. If we vote him in, he can say "The people knew about this and still voted me in despite that" Either way, there is no advantage for him or even the country at this point for him to resign.

All it would do is make Romney the 46th President instead of the 45th.

If Bush did not resign after thousands of Americans were killed on US soil in one day, why should Obama resign?

I agree with that sentiment, that Obama is under no obligation to resign. But, it's not like Bush blamed 9/11 on a youtube video with 300 hits before finally and reluctantly coming forward with the truth that makes him look bad.

The lapse in security that cost Chris Stevens and 3 others their lives is tragic. It wouldn't be the first time that people in high office have fucked up. Obama and his cabinet simply have his employers, the American people, to answer to for it. If they're willing to chalk it up to a simple mistake, or perhaps a mistake that won't be repeated, then maybe he'll be able to keep his job. Maybe not.

Simon: Should Barack Obama Resign Tonight?...

Your boy CHOKED!!!

ron-paul-9-11.jpg

Get-over-it & move-on......​

Arrogant narcissists don't resign from positions they believe (in their own mind) that they are the best qualified for... It's called mental illness.

And what could have Bush done to prevent 9-11? About the same as what Clinton could have done.

Since most of the hijackers enter the country and some of the hijackers trained in Arizona to learn to fly a jet but never to land one.....during the Clinton Administration.
As late as 2000 Clinton and Clinton officials were warning us about Iraqi WMD but some how now its all Bush fault....

Forum List

Back