Similarities and differences between the Roman Empire and American Imperialism

The United States was founded by immigrants from Europe and their progeny. Americans have managed to make their own country distinct from Europe, however. It is a mistake to use the word "Caucasians" as modern America includes the native Americans, the descendants of Black slaves and Mexican Americans who belonged to the massive land grab during the Mexican-American War of 1847 which brought-in many Mexican citizens at the time. European immigrants also included many peoples whose ancestors were not in the Roman Empire and would not identify as Caucasians although some Americans might do so in a lazy fashion; Scots and Irish are Celts and were never Romans, neither were the Nordic people of Germany, Scandinavia, and Slavs from Eastern Europe and Russia who would not accept being called Caucasians except those from southern Russia in the area of the Caucasus Mountains.

In the US last I checked, Germans and then Irish were the largest nationalities but that will change, they are considered causation. Of course the US is multicolored now. The white man is still in charge, which is why they could not stand to have a black Potus. Plus white skin can turn brown and brown white, we are intermarried now.

It goes back to German anthropologist Friedrich Blumenbach. In his work in the late 1700s and early 1800s, Blumenbach divided Homo sapiens into five distinct races based on their physical characteristics. There was the Mongolian, or “yellow,” race, the red American race, the brown Malayan race, the black Ethiopian race, and the white Caucasian race.

Why Are White People Called Caucasian?
Although Americans do use Caucasian as a synonym for White based on Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, you will never hear the term used in Europe nowadays except strictly for those from the Caucasus and even they would normally be termed Russian.

Yes Russians are considered Caucasians, but in the US we use to have race as Caucasian and still do sometimes. We are so Roman, Statue of Liberty , Roman Goddess Liberates, Medial of Honor, Minerva.

Do you think the original Hebrews were black or Caucasian?
I do not accept the term Caucasian to mean White people who fall into several categories such as Mediterranean, Alpine, Nordic, Slav, and Celtic. Each of these have sub-categories, e.g. Celts comprise Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Cornish, Bretons, and Galicians.

The original Hebrews must have been Semites.

So Arabs, dark skinned, Ethiopians. Right up till they intermarried. There are few races, and most say only one. So they went by skin color.
Race is not so important, in my opinion and I suppose we are all one human race.

In the US last I checked, Germans and then Irish were the largest nationalities but that will change, they are considered causation. Of course the US is multicolored now. The white man is still in charge, which is why they could not stand to have a black Potus. Plus white skin can turn brown and brown white, we are intermarried now.
Although Americans do use Caucasian as a synonym for White based on Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, you will never hear the term used in Europe nowadays except strictly for those from the Caucasus and even they would normally be termed Russian.

Yes Russians are considered Caucasians, but in the US we use to have race as Caucasian and still do sometimes. We are so Roman, Statue of Liberty , Roman Goddess Liberates, Medial of Honor, Minerva.

Do you think the original Hebrews were black or Caucasian?
I do not accept the term Caucasian to mean White people who fall into several categories such as Mediterranean, Alpine, Nordic, Slav, and Celtic. Each of these have sub-categories, e.g. Celts comprise Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Cornish, Bretons, and Galicians.

The original Hebrews must have been Semites.

So Arabs, dark skinned, Ethiopians. Right up till they intermarried. There are few races, and most say only one. So they went by skin color.
Race is not so important, in my opinion and I suppose we are all one human race.

I do believe in a few centuries with interbreeding we might all be the same color, a golden brown!

Or we might become all bigots and live in our own countries. (If there continues to be humans on earth)

The US are Europeans now, the extension of the Holy Roman Empire, so we are the Roman Empire, aka,
Caucasians.

The United States form a set of ethno cultural entities, in fact, it is a multi-cultural and multi ethnic imperialism, certainly not mono-cultural and mono-ethnic.

The Holy Roman Empire of the German nation is not synonymous with the Roman Empire, are two totally different things.

After 500 years the Roman Republic had become very multi-ethnic towards the end, i.e. before Julius Caesar usurped the consulship after the civil war. It should be remembered that even after Julius Caesar, the Romans still had consuls "elected" by the Senate, but they were no longer democratic elections, the Senators either voted for the strongman of the moment or those that did not were exiled or killed. The Senate remained a democratically elected institution, but had no power after Julius Caesar.

Forum List

Back