Similar Obama, Patrick speeches scrutinized

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Teri B., Feb 18, 2008.

1. Teri B.

Teri B. Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Now I've really heard it all. I got a heartfelt lecture from someone I respect, trying to bring me over to the Obama side, about how he writes all his own speeches.:rolleyes:

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    If it's a one-shot deal, no biggie. If there are others? Not good, ask Biden.

3. Teri B.

Teri B. Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Exactly. It just irks me that I got this lecture on Obama's grand eloquence, and the next day we find out he's borrowing some of that eloquence. I just don't get the whole Obama fad. I guess I was asleep when they were handing out the Koolaid. I mean, he's alright I suppose, not my first or second choice, or third for that matter.

4. JeffWartman

JeffWartman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Does this really matter?

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Only if there's a pattern of plagerism.

6. JeffWartman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Of which there is no evidence for.

You mention Biden; that scandal hurt him inn 1988, but is irrelevant since. Why? Because the media looks for a juicy story, but in the grand scheme of things, it does not matter in the least.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Actually it would, at least in the past. Cheating is not something wanted in higher education, (well actually at any level), it can get one expelled, ask Teddy Kennedy. Those values were still evident when Biden won, he had the grace to be embarrassed. Obama has said he should have given credit, while I'm not voting for him, that is enough for me, less more evidence of other lapses were shown.

8. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I think that for this to be "a story," the person whose words were used would have to be offended. Not only is Patrick not offended, but he's defending Obama! Its a non-story...and it makes Clinton look desperate. She should have, if she was truly interested in making this an issue that made him look bad but not have any negative blow-back on her campaign, should have had one of her groups do it for her. That way she could have remained "above it all." A mistake by her "new" manager???

9. JeffWartman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I thought of that after posting, got diverted from editing. Those types of values were considered important requirements from anyone in a position of authority. Values and character were supposed to matter, they certainly seem in decline around political theater for years now, at least from the headlines.

I think Henry Hyde tried to act with character, though the woman from years ago was human. Like I said of Obama, seemed to be a one time thing, so wrong but human. I think Lieberman is honorable and Biden seems to not only have reformed, but become a man of character. I think I could have voted for him this go round.

I'm sure there are many others, not perfect, not saints, but try not to lie or steal. I don't ask for that much!